rep.tf integration for backpack.tf

cares

Install: https://github.com/caresx/tf2-userscripts/raw/master/backpacktf+reptf.user.js

You will need...

Greasemonkey for Firefox
Tampermonkey for Chrome
Tampermonkey Beta for Opera

It loads on every backpack.tf page (for rep.tf link in the mini profile), with special functionality available on profile pages.

Annotated screenshots w/ its functionality:

E0Zt2Ux.png

RepTF link in the user's mini profile. Available on all pages, illustrated here on the profile page.

kjdCQyC.png

Links on profile, dropdown with ban status accessible by clicking on the + next to COMMUNITY. If rep is 100% clean, it's green, otherwise it's red. Read the ban reasons carefully, many bans are behavioral and not trust based.

LzyHzt9.png

Dropdown expands into bans. If the status says BAN, hover over it to see the reason (doesn't work in Firefox).

4YY6QAB.png

Red + here, user has a dirty reputation.

SIpJ914.png

When you click on a red +, it shows a modal with their bans, who issued them, and their reasoning.

SU1KUyk.png

Ban reason in tooltip.

Feedback is nice.

Test it out:

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198067575136(woo)

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198002317976(boo)

Source code is on GitHub - https://github.com/caresx/tf2-userscripts/blob/master/backpacktf%2Breptf.user.js

wow very nice

Is there any way you could make it so SR pending reports show up, so that I don't have to manually check every single person's Steamrep page?

wow very nice

Is there any way you could make it so SR pending reports show up, so that I don't have to manually check every single person's Steamrep page?

I could do that, doesn't really fit the scope of this userscript however.

Works well, very useful.

EDIT: makes background checks very quick and easy, just helped me avoid a possibly mark-worthy trade.

It would however be good if a rep.tf link cold be added to the pop-up when you hover over someone's name.

i think replacing the popup with a yellow, orange, or red color for the "rep OK" green bubble would be just as effective but less disruptive.

Updated to fix a minor visual bug, click on the install link in the OP and press reinstall.

Works well, very useful.

EDIT: makes background checks very quick and easy, just helped me avoid a possibly mark-worthy trade.

It would however be good if a rep.tf link cold be added to the pop-up when you hover over someone's name.

I tried doing this before, wasted half an hour with no success. Might try again but probably not today.

I'd definitely prefer it without the popup.

Popup is annoying, shows up whenever I go to my profile :c

Make it so we can disable it.

Per user or globally?

I think it would be more helpful if bp.tf incorporated this as a permanent feature, without the use of an add-on.

rep.tf isn't even under the community section :(

I think the pop up should only show when you press the rep.tf button. Currently I see it everytime I visit a new profile.

I think the pop up should only show when you press the rep.tf button. Currently I see it everytime I visit a new profile.

I intended it to be like SR's scammer warning popup, that way checking reputation is really easy.

I intended it to be like SR's scammer warning popup, that way checking reputation is really easy.

SR's warning doesn't show up for 9/10 of the time.

Is that a design choice?

No clue, perhaps its just adblock messing it up. I actually prefer it that way too

Really nice script, however, just a minor fix.

You need to add it for the backpack.tf/trust/ part for it

Archived