Remove voting on main page/list view

cleverpun

As far as I can tell the voting serves absolutely no purpose, there's no reason for it whatsoever. So who really cares?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They serve no purpose and only encourage blind voting. Make it so you can only vote when you view the suggestion.  and i'll gib u hugz n stuf

i only agree to this.

But there are quite a bit of suggestors that suggest so they get better belts :P

As far as I can tell the voting serves absolutely no purpose, there's no reason for it whatsoever. So who really cares?

There are plenty of responses to this very statement that completely disprove the statement. Please, seek out one of these responses before someone has to make another one.

Why not have them fill out a quick questionnaire to prove that they read the suggestion. Example:

"How much proof was provided by the suggestion poster?" 

"Did the suggestion poster disprove unsolds at the higher end, or did the suggestion poster merely show people selling for lower than the higher end?"  

Why not have them fill out a quick questionnaire to prove that they read the suggestion. Example:

"How much proof was provided by the suggestion poster?" 

"Did the suggestion poster disprove unsolds at the higher end, or did the suggestion poster merely show people selling for lower than the higher end?"  

People will randomly do that

perk system for voters:

100%correct vote gives you unlimited votes

50% correct votes will get you 5 votes per month

0% correct votes will ban you from votings for a month.

the end

or something in between.

• 4 weeks later...

perk system for voters:

100%correct vote gives you unlimited votes

50% correct votes will get you 5 votes per month

0% correct votes will ban you from votings for a month.

the end

or something in between.

So, if it's a new month and I downvote a proofless suggestion, but someone comes along and provides proof and it gets accepted, would I be banned from voting for the month assuming I didn't vote on any other suggestion?

• 3 weeks later...

So, if it's a new month and I downvote a proofless suggestion, but someone comes along and provides proof and it gets accepted, would I be banned from voting for the month assuming I didn't vote on any other suggestion?

that never happened since bp.tf was created.

that never happened since bp.tf was created.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/533dd1394dd7b82e278b4785 - Suggestion barely had any proof for high end until Polar came and saved the suggestion.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/537781474dd7b8506c8b47c5 - Originally did not have any sales. Suggester added in sales later on. Suggestion got accepted

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53c3e26d4cd7b8dd4c8b4568 - By far the best example. No valid proof whatsoever. Someone comes and provides proof. Gets accepted 7 hours later.

This kind of stuff also brought up this suggestion, but that's irrelevant.

Why not just hide the suggester and belt until the suggestion is accepted or closed? That way its a full neutral vote, so no matter who does it, they would be seen as  a new suggester, and have their suggestions be read thoroughly and with less bias to downvote a whitebelt without reading the actual proof. This would also help cut out certain voter bias for d0 and other traders with their "X IS A Y BELT UPBOAT TO THE NILE" type of blindvoting.

(shout out to face for the idea)

Why not just hide the suggester and belt until the suggestion is accepted or closed? That way its a full neutral vote, so no matter who does it, they would be seen as  a new suggester, and have their suggestions be read thoroughly, and with less bias, to help them out on the suggestion. This would also help cut out certain voter bias for d0 and other traders with their "X IS A Y BELT UPBOAT TO THE NILE" type of blindvoting.

What about if you removed the name of the suggestor from the front page? I would prefer that to this, actually. A lot of people will vote based on the belt / suggestor.

Why not just hide the suggester and belt until the suggestion is accepted or closed? That way its a full neutral vote, so no matter who does it, they would be seen as  a new suggester, and have their suggestions be read thoroughly, and with less bias, to help them out on the suggestion. This would also help cut out certain voter bias for d0 and other traders with their "X IS A Y BELT UPBOAT TO THE NILE" type of blindvoting.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're suggesting but it doesn't really have anything to do with what this topic was originally here for. Mainly to prevent random people from just voting on stuff when they have no clue how suggestions are actually supposed to look.

*Post about posts*

Sorry I didn't read the first initial posts. I thought this was original.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're suggesting but it doesn't really have anything to do with what this topic was originally here for. Mainly to prevent random people from just voting on stuff when they have no clue how suggestions are actually supposed to look.

Well its not removing voting from the front page though. Its just removing the user and belt from the suggestor's box, in order to stop bias voting like "Oh d0 made a suggestion gotta upboat that for rep".

What about if you removed the name of the suggestor from the front page? I would prefer that to this, actually. A lot of people will vote based on the belt / suggestor.

• Administrators

You could just type a response out knave. Sheesh.

Man your sig is too damn awesome. Gotta love damaging my ears. :D

Man your sig is too damn awesome. Gotta love damaging my ears. :D

ikr. Thanks Bakgrund!

EDIT: Will try to keep posting limited tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the presence of the vote buttons on the main page and list views in the voting section encourages people to vote without examining a suggestion.

We should remove those buttons; that way people have to actually click on a suggestion to vote on it.

Thoughts?

Make it only a moderator option or something?

So I am assuming this suggestion is dead then?

RIP

it doesn't matter what they do with voting, because you aren't voting for anything. 

Archived