Hilariously Stupid Traders

Julia Gillard the Honest

What follows is my list of what I hate and/or find comical about (mostly kids) most traders.

• Awesome's pet peeve: They who can't read.

• Scams and sharks.

• "Negative reputation" complaints on your SourceOP reputation thread when you withdrew what was his highest offer, which is supposed to only be used for SOP related cash trades anyway.

• Scams and sharks.

• A certain someone who wants to have a monopoly on energy Nohs and keeps joining the servers that I'm on and begging me to add him so as to share offers (I'm recording these to later make a video ;) ).

• Random adders. "I know that you said not to add you and to only pay in pure but..."

• http://www.tf2outpos.../trade/12499519 (From the thread about you-know-what Outpost trades.)

• Scams and sharks.

• Then my personal favourites (I've told this story before), the quick-sell buyers who are so great at trading that they're too great for great deals or doing even a little bit of research (of course I wasn't really going to sell to them; I was just asking what they'd say).
    http://www.tf2outpos...m/trade/8148557
    http://www.tf2outpos.../trade/10946132
    http://www.tf2outpos.../trade/11428580 ("I have forty-one buds---" (he had about that at the time) "---but I can't spend eleven for a hat that's worth at least twice that! ;)")
    GE Noh was updated here to 15-20 buds just hours later. ;)

• I also hate the quick-sell buyers who keep demanding lower prices when they're already being offered a hat for two thirds of its usual value.

• People who tick the box to trade, then un-tick and ask for more. We all know them. They repeat this indefinitely.

• People who start swearing at you, calling you poor and calling you a terrible Spy (I totally don't have over (non-farmed) nine-hundred TF2 Spy hours) when you kill them on a trade server.

• Outpost: "WHY IS THAT SO EXPENSIVE?" (Comment hidden.) "YOU'LL NEVER GET THAT!" (Comment hidden.) "REALLY! I DON'T MEAN TO ANNOY YOU AND AM BEING TOTALLY POLITE SO DON'T REPORT ME, BUT YOU'RE STUPID IF YOU THINK THAT I'LL PAY THAT!" (Comment hidden and a high offer is made.) "HE'S STUPID! I WOULDN'T PAY THAT SO HE'S AN IDIOT!" etc. I feel like I'll be beating a dead horse if I keep going here.

• Beggars on alternate accounts.

• The third in-server trade request from the same person.

• "Why won't you take my offer? Trade me NOW!!!"

• "I have to go now! Trade quick! Good trade!"

Did I miss anything? That's my personal list. If I left of anything about general hilariously stupid traders then please add complaints too! Please also share your own comical experiences with these stupid great traders. Evidence isn't essential (anecdotes are welcome; I just want some fun stories to read :P).

Accidental double post. Woifi or anyone else, please feel free to delete if you wish. :P

You missed one. "I value my hat at 2x it's value and yours at 1/2 of its value so it's a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal list:

I hate the ones that add you for a trade and when you try to talk to them they ignor you.

People that post just to say "you know your hats only worth "X" so I offer you "Y"

People that think BP value makes you a stupid or inexperienced trader "Really with a BP like yours..."

People that offer you less then your C/O

My List:

I put up something and I want just metal, or keys for it. I never specify offers.

And then:

ILL GIV U MAI STRAENGE MINIGURN WITH STUFFS ATATTCHED 2 IT AND HATZ 

hell, somebody even added me when I was selling my Noh Mercy, and had the nerve to offer up a trophy belt when I clearly said "no offers" in the trade. At least some people had the decency to put it on op and not add me first. 

I had this guy add me to offer on an unusual I once had. He put up a decent offer I actually would accept but suddenly he went absent for a few minutes and came back with: "the history on the unusual is too long" and retracted half of what he offered. This all happened while we were both ready in the trade.

my personal top one

when people offer on you unusual the second you post it for trade. offers 12 keys on a 19 key hat and instantly wonders "when will you take my offer?". ive had this happen to me atleast 6 times.

I have a trade with a firm price.

Random noob: S. Degreaser 2 keys?

Me: Yes

*Accept the trade

-> Puts random crap in the trade window

-> I cancel

Random noob: ?

Happens all the time

guys sixth (FUCKING SIXTH) post about how you overpriced something

I AM NOT SPAMMING I JUST GAVE MY OPINION AND YOU REPORTED ME, LOL BAD TEMPER KID

I AM NOT SPAMMING 

I AM NOT SPAMMING 

needless to say, he got banned

heres another one

So people just trade with me in normal servers, not trade ones.

And then they're all like "Are you selling keys/hats/e.t.c"

And then I say "sure. Why not."

Thennn they offer up a few weps.

Just normal weps.

And then I say "thats not enough."

"BUT THIS IS $x ON THE MANN CO STORE AND KEY IS 2.49"

I then have to take the time to explain the tf economy to them.

Hmm. I'm still selling on average 1 per day.

How many do u have for sale? Has the rate of sales or pure sales droped at all?

How many do u have for sale? Has the rate of sales or pure sales droped at all?

I rarely sell unusuals for pure (now or 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago). I make my profit by trading for an equal value unusual + keys (4-10). Trade 1 unusual per day and I still acquire a lot of pure that way. If you're rigid about taking pure, you're cutting profit out for yourself.

I did need to quicksell some stuff 1 week ago for some pure (cauldron ten gallon + stormy cone + stormy robin and 1 other one i can't remember) and was still able to do it within a week at ~90% of their value even though a few of those were relatively tough sells.

And to answer your other question, I've been running at a steady state of 4-7 unusuals for sale for 2 weeks now.

What follows is my list of what I hate and/or find comical about (mostly kids) most traders.

• [*]Awesome's pet peeve: They who can't read.

Nothing hilarious about most of these. I would retitle this, "Annoyingly Stupid Traders."

Noooo, it's not so much the actions that are funny but the intelligence displayed. ;)

P.S. Sorry for being out of "liking" power for today.

People who add you when you clearly state DO NOT ADD ME

People who follow bp.tf like it is the Bible (If you offer 1 scrap off the "market price" they call you a scammer)

Kiddies who call almost every unusual they own "themed"

People who send you random trades on trade servers.

People who have fake C/O for any item

People who offer you something in a trade that you aren't even ask for (I.e. was buying some random misc for demo, and someone asked me "Hey, want a heavy hat?")

I chuckle for a few minutes whenever any of these situations happen.

finding-nemo-bruce-laugh-o.gif

I like using the word "People" and "who"

Archived