Circling Heart vs. Cloud 9

Corobo

Circling Heart vs. Cloud 9  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Which do you like better, and why?

post-799-0-43134000-1375673038_thumb.png

post-799-0-47940100-1375673040_thumb.png

If I had to choose (not a big fan of hearts in general) I would go with Cloud 9, I like effects that come out of the hat.

I'm pretty sure that right now tier wise its Cloud 9 > Circling Heart, but some of the old TF2 traditionalists might like Circling Heart more because its one of the original effects. People are being all moody about these new effects and robo-effects because it took a while to figure out where they fit in and some still don't want to deal with them at all.

Think atm with the hype cloud 9 is more preferred but soon after circling would be preferred. It's an old effect which can only be unboxed from old crates and it is a lot clearer in game.

Circling is way, way more visible. I was in a server pocketing a solly, and I couldn't even see the hearts coming off his C9 hat. Ofc, I run DX8, but it's still very difficult to see even with better settings. Hype may be propping up C9 at the moment, but it will definitely not stay that way.

Projecting effects are traditionally stronger than orbiting. In the long run cloud9 should be considerded better. The flaw is that the amount of hearts that come out and the directions they go in veries and effects its appearance. Alternativly the orbiting heart is obstructed by the hat occasionaly. It may be the case that these effects will become twins like the energies and end up near eachother in value.

Projecting effects are traditionally stronger than orbiting. In the long run cloud9 should be considerded better. The flaw is that the amount of hearts that come out and the directions they go in veries and effects its appearance. Alternativly the orbiting heart is obstructed by the hat occasionaly.

This is true however most players care more about the visibility of their effect, they want other players to be able to see their highvalue/rare/shiny unusual to be seen half way across the map so others know how good they are (with the exception of snipers). When this is considered, cloud 9's visibility is no where near the traditional hearts. 

The issue of orbiting effects clipping the hat seems to be fixed with the unusual adjusting (correct me if im wrong)

This is true however most players care more about the visibility of their effect, they want other players to be able to see their highvalue/rare/shiny unusual to be seen half way across the map so others know how good they are (with the exception of snipers). When this is considered, cloud 9's visibility is nowhere near the traditional hearts.

The issue of orbiting clipping the hat seems to be fixed with the unusual adjusting (correct me if im wrong)

It may have been. Prob. Don't forget the kill cam where u see who killed you. That's where u really see the effect.

Edit: cloud9 has an edge there

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my vote due to that I have received several cloud 9 requests on my quickbuy posts and hav not received one for hearts or fetti really

so bright pink orbiting heart vs pooping out little faint bubble hearts.

Yeah, mainly changing my vote due to this reason...hearts are too faint. Unless Valve fixes it, Cloud 9 is gonna drop below Circling Heart.

Yeah, mainly changing my vote due to this reason...hearts are too faint. Unless Valve fixes it, Cloud 9 is gonna drop below Circling Heart.

Has valve ever "fixed" an effect

There was a brief change to sunbeams that removed some of the blur, making it somewhat sharper looking. I don't know if it was intentional or a bug, but it was very quickly reverted either way. Many people had preferred the brief alteration and were a little upset that it was fixed. I may be wrong on what exactly was changed, it definitely wasn't something especially significant though.

I believe they "fixed" flies to be more visible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They also improved confetti at some point.

Wasn't Fetti just the head once?  So, yes, they have adjusted some effects.  I do believe they will adjust cloud9 at some point.  It seems like it was conceived as an effect that would be more visable.

• 7 months later...

Revisiting this thread as some of you havn't seen it.

Edit: Regarding cat fight from earlier today in update section

Archived