Look up...

Senpai Absol~

I think what most people are saying is that sure its a good message to send but its ironic that it became popular through social media and technology.

You're linking the wrong one. That one has 350,000 views, this one has 50 million.

The video is essentially "we're on our phones and computers too much, go outside". It's pointless, we'll always be like this until something different comes along to replace this sort of stuff. We are on technology a lot, I'm not denying that, but a stupid online generation so to say is pretty vague. There is no certain generation "addicted too technology", it spans from toddlers to seniors. You can never group everyone into a certain generation based on technological addiction. Yeah, there's more young adults than seniors on technology, but all age groups can be put into this group. The stupid part is disputed. We have the cancer and source of internet stupidity on Facebook, things improve a bit on YouTube comments but not much. We have geniuses on Wikipedia or some scientific sub-communities of reddit, etc. Everyone uses the internet, people on it will always be either stupid, regular, or smart, we can't group everyone into one stupid generation.

to the skies and seeeeeeeee

Sorry couldn't help myself. Back to topic:

It's a nice idea but really most people already do this right? I'm speaking of my own experience but people use their smartphones a lot, but when you're in a group together people just talk with one another.

I personally don't really think it's all that bad at the moment

Looked up *ceiling*

Just kidding .. this is a topic that i see in every english article at school for whatever reason .. 

Technology is a weapon of two sides .. you can use it wisely and you can misuse it easily. As much as i dont like this generation, it is smart and has the potential to do great things in the future .. but if a 12 year old kid is spending most of his time on the i-pad that his parents bought to him and teens spending countless hours on the internet they won't achieve anything, but i believe as they grow older they will (like i did) realize how dumb they were not living and just sitting behind screens living a virtual life. 

So yea .. use it wisely = great stuff 

Misuse it = wasted life

My friend was so intent on showing me this because I often spend every thirty bumping trades and every 5 minutes checking steam market if something sold or if someone added me or sent a trade offer. I finally did watch it and it is scary, I'll admit.

Personally, I cut down on my phone use quite a bit as of recent. I still do take occasion and look at it for a good hour or two, but then I might not pick it back up for an hour or two. 

Wait, so we have to go back in time? That's basically what the video is saying.. They create all of these devices and technology, then people complain when it's all used? I think I can tell you why people complain about it, about people not socially interacting, about a lot of people staying home and using their computers. It's because everyone is a fucking hypocrite. That's why I think people complain. Because everyone criticizes everyone else around them. And like Python said, he never uses his phone. I'm never on my phone. Ever. I think I have like 6 chats open between people. 3 being friends, 2 being my mom and brother, and the last is some random person that keeps texting me trying to tell me to bring the girlscout cookies home, and asking how my grandparents are doing and some other random stuff. 

Bit more lighthearted

I have no input, other than I have no social life. I don't use my phone all the time, when I had it

gotta love rhett and link, but truth me told, ''Look up'' is pretty ''old'' by now but it was surely something memorable

trite and boring and dumb 'commentary' that ignores the fact that technologies like these are used mostly to socialize and also prioritizes face to face interaction at absolutely all times regardless of who that might be with, which is also dumb and reductive. i'd rather text my friends than awkwardly engage strangers or even people i just don't particularly like.

-Snip-

Agreed! But sadly Most people use it un-wisely.

Wait, so we have to go back in time?

No, I don't think that is the point he is trying to get across.

I think his point that we are using it TOO much.

Like its fine if it was using it for something to help the world, But its just kids Using the internet for nothing. It would be fine for your job or something But for something like that is the point he is trying to get across.

That is what I think

trite and boring and dumb 'commentary' that ignores the fact that technologies like these are used mostly to socialize and also prioritizes face to face interaction at absolutely all times regardless of who that might be with, which is also dumb and reductive. i'd rather text my friends than awkwardly engage strangers or even people i just don't particularly like.

well, He said we think of it as awkwardly but a long time ago nobody thought it like that since we didn't have all this, Now people will look at you like your fucking insane. Oh and I loved his commentary its a great "Poem" if you wish to call it that.

-snip-

Haha I like that as well, and the poem guy isn't just referring to phones, he is referring to comp's as well

People are going to look at their phones, it's a thing that will happen.

Usually when I'm in social settings, people will look at their phones, and talk at the same time, which is totally fine in my books.

I don't expect 90s everyone is happy with eye contact talking about amazing stuff type of groups, the social scene is what I described above.

well, He said we think of it as awkwardly but a long time ago nobody thought it like that since we didn't have all this, Now people will look at you like your fucking insane.

you really think that awkward conversations didn't exist prior to the option of avoiding people? that's top tier ridiculous shit

New comment from me, He also say's and explains how kids see their mother's and father's being "Slaves" To the tech, so they think it is the norm.

Kids use to roam the parks, never be home always out and having fun and now they just sit inside and play with their ipads.

That is pretty much what he said there which is kinda sad and true.

Archived