Favorite annual TF2 update?

Rainford

Events n stuff (not including one-time events)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite annual TF2 event?

• Generic April-May update, few new crates + cosmetics
    • Generic Summer update, new crate + a load of new cosmetics
    • Scream Fortress update, a shitton of halloween cosmetics + map reskin with a new gimmic/boss
    • Smissmas update, festive weapons + new cosmetics
    • TF Birthday, literally nothing new

I like the smissmass update as the festive weapons are something to look forward to but my favourite update has to be halloween. The new map, game modes, special items etc. just nothing can beat that imo

I have a soft spot in my heart for the scream fortress updates, I first started playing tf2 (for any significant amount of time) during the scream fortress 2012 update.

The now averaging weekly updates that change mann co. prices to USD equivalents.

Scream Fortress, although less now that valve seems to have abandoned boss fights in favour of objectives, the only reason I'm sticking with it is new-ish maps, which means new exploits which means trolling opportunities, also limited unusual effects/chance of not-yet-unboxed effect ushankas being unboxed. http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Gentleman%27s%20UshankaI AM SICK OF WAITING FOR THAT GHASTLY GHOSTS JUNIOR TO APPEAR AGAIN WHERE THE FUCK HAS IT GONE

I used to be a fan of smismass, but 2014/15 wasn't what I hoped it would be.

SERIOUSLY HOW COME PYRO HAS TWO FUCKING WEAPONS WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?

SERIOUSLY VALVE WHAT THE FUCK, A FOUR CLASS FESTIVE WEAPON?? YOU FUCKING LAZY SHITS!

>inb4 captain caps

I use shift, it requires more dedication.

I don't like scream fortress, as it forces me to leave my favourite servers and play with annoying kids screaming over their microphones. Smissmass is a more trade-y holiday, and i like it more.

You didnt list the one update i loved:

MAC UPDATE.

It persuaded me to buy the game on a Mac PC in order to get the Buds, and during that time there was no F2P, which made it even better as it was near impossible (But fun) to trade! 

MAC UPDATE.

It persuaded me to buy the game on a Mac PC in order to get the Buds, and during that time there was no F2P, which made it even better as it was near impossible (But fun) to trade! 

Nuff said.

MAC UPDATE.

Well yes but the topic specifically asks about an annual update, meaning an update that happens every year. Mac update happened only once

love and war since thats what made me regain my love for tf2.

i started playing like 2 years ago on my cousins old account, then i moved away and just forgot how f*cking fun this game was. Last year i made a new account and started playing tf2 again but it just didn't feel the same but then the love and war update came out and it made me fall in love with this game again.

Fall update is an annual update too. It was "Limited Late Summer" (a few days before Fall) this year, though. Love and War was the Summer update.

I'd have to say Summer. :3 Last year's addition of so many new taunts and other new additions brought a ton of hype. The 2013 summer update included the Cool Cat Cardigan and several other good cosmetics. It's also amazing aside from the dreaded "Summer effects". x3

I like the Halloween updates but the holiday restriction on Halloween stuff really bugs me.  Screw that.

Christmas has festives and gifts and is usually the most fun for me overall.

I love the festive updates free stuff and festive weapons (1st gen Festive weps still suck though), but the best is definitely Scream Fortress. Even if I hate Halloween restrictions, boss battles were pretty sweet (Valve please make more) and recently BONUS DUCKS was funny, if not particularly exciting.

Archived