What lies beyond death?

Santa Heavy

So like, 1st stage get your sight back, 2nd sound? kinda like that?

No.

The first thing I remember is basic awareness.  I don't know how long that lasted, because the next thing I remember is becoming aware of the passage of time.  Then I remembered myself - that is to say I was suddenly self-aware again.  Then I woke up and opened my eyes.  In other words, all this happened while my eyes were closed.  I wasn't fully awake yet.  I was becoming awake in successive stages of consciousness.  The rest is boring and unimportant.  I couldn't speak normally yet, I had trouble with motor coordination, I was constantly second-guessing myself to determine if my behavior was strange as a result of just being under heavy sedation, etc.

The interesting thing is that I didn't realize my eyes were shut and that I wasn't looking at anything until after I opened them.

No.

The first thing I remember is basic awareness.  I don't know how long that lasted, because the next thing I remember is becoming aware of the passage of time.  Then I remembered myself - that is to say I was suddenly self-aware again.  Then I woke up and opened my eyes.  In other words, all this happened while my eyes were closed.  I wasn't fully awake yet.  I was becoming awake in successive stages of consciousness.  The rest is boring and unimportant.  I couldn't speak normally yet, I had trouble with motor coordination, I was constantly second-guessing myself to determine if my behavior was strange as a result of just being under heavy sedation, etc.

The interesting thing is that I didn't realize my eyes were shut and that I wasn't looking at anything until after I opened them.

What exactly happened that required you to go through heavy anesthesia?

What's after death? Nothing. You are nothing after death. Once your brain shuts off, you're done. So, use your limited time alive wisely and to the best of your ability.

It's an unanswerable question really. Though there has never been any good evidence to support any consciousness or life after death, it can't be proven or disproven. Nothing after death is terrifying to most humans because we simply can't imagine not existing, but if you don't exist you wouldn't have a reason to worry. If there is something, best of luck to you.

No.

Sadly, the only anaesthesia I've experienced was in dreams, beautiful lucid dreams where I slept, ironically, in a dream.

Archived