Deleting Duped Items

Shmevin

Hi. I've been wondering about this for a while, and I'd figure I'd ask it here. Will deleting a duped item cause the other item to no longer have a duped tag?

In theory, yes, but in practice, you wouldn't delete an Unusual or any valuable item.

Reality no one would

But in theory it wont have a dupe tag

I'm pretty sure it's permanent. 

I'm pretty sure as well. It's based on discrepancies in itemid and the corresponding time stamps. The older itemids will remain discrepant even if it is deleted. 

The way backpack checks if an item is duped is by seeing if any of the instances of that item that were scanned by backpack have a lower item ID number than one of the previous instances that were scanned, deleting the dupe in question wouldn't do anything.

Hi. I've been wondering about this for a while, and I'd figure I'd ask it here. Will deleting a duped item cause the other item to no longer have a duped tag?

Essentially the same ting as putting the other dupe in a private backpack.  It'll still keep the duped tag. 

I have actually noticed a couple of backpacks in the past where ppl had both dupes in their backpack and that stopped it from showing them as dupes.

Archived