Premium Searches

Mr.Mem

Why is it against the rules to ask for someone with premium to search for owners of something in question? If I want to know who owns an unusual, someone with premium is going to do it anyway. Someone with premium is going to be searching anyway, and no one has to do the search for them. Instead of making it not allowed, why not leave it up to the people with premium to help them or not? It's like making it illegal for poor people to ask for spare change. No one necessarily has to give them money, it's just that people do it to help them.

It's like making it illegal for poor people to ask for spare change.

This is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen.

The prime reason for people to buy premium (is so that they can conduct premium searches. There is also of course the sense of helping Brad/the site but those are more like favours. The really only reason it is economically viable to buy premium is because of premium search. The other benefits are rather minimal. So it's not like asking for change, it's like asking others to do a paid feature for you for free.

Either Brad needs to make premium search available to all users, which would be too heavy on the servers, or he needs to leave it for an exclusive group (premium and mods).

Besides, you can buy premium for a few keys, if you really want it badly you can just purchase it. And even cheaper I think is to give somebody a small payment to buy premium for you for a month. You can conduct all the searches you want in that month

This is one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen.

The prime reason for people to buy premium (is so that they can conduct premium searches. There is also of course the sense of helping Brad/the site but those are more like favours. The really only reason it is economically viable to buy premium is because of premium search. The other benefits are rather minimal. So it's not like asking for change, it's like asking others to do a paid feature for you for free.

Either Brad needs to make premium search available to all users, which would be too heavy on the servers, or he needs to leave it for an exclusive group (premium and mods).

Besides, you can buy premium for a few keys, if you really want it badly you can just purchase it. And even cheaper I think is to give somebody a small payment to buy premium for you for a month. You can conduct all the searches you want in that month

Worst comparisons you ever seen? I mean, both are offering something that no one has to do. Anyway, I'm all for supporting the people behind bp.tf, but I don't think I'd really want to buy premium just to know one thing. People who are pinching pennies in this virtual market want to spend as little as possible, so when people want to know one little tidbit of information, why should they be shut down immediately?

Worst comparisons you ever seen? I mean, both are offering something that no one has to do. Anyway, I'm all for supporting the people behind bp.tf, but I don't think I'd really want to buy premium just to know one thing. People who are pinching pennies in this virtual market want to spend as little as possible, so when people want to know one little tidbit of information, why should they be shut down immediately?

It costs what? 2 keys? that's not pinching down completely. And yes, both are offering something nobody has to do. Nobody has to do soup kitchens, nobody has to fly via airplane.

Still, soup kitchens are free and airplanes aren't. They're completely different things and are not comparable

It costs what? 2 keys? that's not pinching down completely. And yes, both are offering something nobody has to do. Nobody has to do soup kitchens, nobody has to fly via airplane.

Still, soup kitchens are free and airplanes aren't. They're completely different things and are not comparable

Still, that's 2 keys that'd be spent on finding one item. Also, I think you're going a little deep into the comparison. I was just saying how if someone was asking for money, no one has to give it to them unless someone wants to go out of their way to give it to them. People could even maybe charge for searching. Like paying someone maybe a ref or two to do a search. I just don't understand why it's banned to ask people, instead of just letting someone help someone else out.

So technically, it isn't even against the rules anymore. It's just moderators thinking it is, but it was actually allowed now.

May Not.

So you are not allowed to distribute the info.

Still, that's 2 keys that'd be spent on finding one item. Also, I think you're going a little deep into the comparison. I was just saying how if someone was asking for money, no one has to give it to them unless someone wants to go out of their way to give it to them. People could even maybe charge for searching. Like paying someone maybe a ref or two to do a search. I just don't understand why it's banned to ask people, instead of just letting someone help someone else out.

Because you cant allow a few people to "help someone out" because then every other self entitled person who uses bp.tf will "want some help".

Fact is if you want something it's worth paying for, doesnt matter if it's a small or big thing. Your example of charging for it is even more ridiculous, you're justifying someone using a already cheap service to make a profit basically giving bp.tf the middle finger...

i don't do it for people because i'm protecting my investment. why would anyone pay if everyone could just go find some sucker who had paid and ask them to do the search for them.

Because you cant allow a few people to "help someone out" because then every other self entitled person who uses bp.tf will "want some help".

Fact is if you want something it's worth paying for, doesnt matter if it's a small or big thing. Your example of charging for it is even more ridiculous, you're justifying someone using a already cheap service to make a profit basically giving bp.tf the middle finger...

tl;dr

"I don't want to pay, why can't you give me it for free"

i don't do it for people because i'm protecting my investment. why would anyone pay if everyone could just go find some sucker who had paid and ask them to do the search for them.

I was just askin' y'all why it's not allowed? Like why do topics immediately get locked instead of just shitposted on?

I was just askin' y'all why it's not allowed? Like why do topics immediately get locked instead of just shitposted on?

Let me see. Premium is how Brad/bp.tf makes money

You want other people to share this service for free. And hey, Brad doesn't want this. How strange

When i didn't have premium, i requested owners of hats so i could price them. I did the Amaranthine HWAH with assistance from a premium, would this be against the rules? I have not bookmarked any links or whatever since i don't plan on buying the hats, and solely rely on premium to price stuff

There is nothing wrong with helping someone out, but you do it at your own risk. If a person asked me, "hey, can you see who the only owner of this hat is, because I want to purchase it", I would help them. If someone was asking me to list all 40 owners of a hat or multiple hats, that is relaying information and they are taking advantage of you.

There is nothing wrong with helping someone out, but you do it at your own risk. If a person asked me, "hey, can you see who the only owner of this hat is, because I want to purchase it", I would help them. If someone was asking me to list all 40 owners of a hat or multiple hats, that is relaying information and they are taking advantage of you.

I'd only ask for price suggesting which I hope? is all cool

Archived