Rust vs H1Z1 vs DayZ

Fenrir

Personally Rust is the best of them as DayZ is broken and will probably never be fixed and funner than H1Z1. 
Tell us which one you like the most! tell us why  :D

All I ever hear about DayZ is complaints that progress is too slow and everything is still broken.

H1Z1 just feels like a cash grab copy with the microtransaction shit on top of paying for the game.

Rust is really active with updates, really transparent with the community, and is the only one that had the sense to do away with zombies in a game genre where the zombies weren't adding anything meaningful to the experience. Also it's full of penis and cannibalism, so when someone says "eat my dick" the reply is "I intend to". We're all expected to be a little gay in Rust.

600 hours in rust and 0 in the other 2, so maybe I'm a tad biased.

All I ever hear about DayZ is complaints that progress is too slow and everything is still broken.

H1Z1 just feels like a cash grab copy with the microtransaction shit on top of paying for the game.

Rust is really active with updates, really transparent with the community, and is the only one that had the sense to do away with zombies in a game genre where the zombies weren't adding anything meaningful to the experience. Also it's full of penis and cannibalism, so when someone says "eat my dick" the reply is "I intend to". We're all expected to be a little gay in Rust.

600 hours in rust and 0 in the other 2, so maybe I'm a tad biased.

Not sure you understand the microtransactions in H1Z1 though, currently it's something that doesn't even necessarily benefit you, and something that is only cosmetic.

Not sure you understand the microtransactions in H1Z1 though, currently it's something that doesn't even necessarily benefit you, and something that is only cosmetic.

I didn't say it was pay2win. I just don't like the notion of a pay to play game that nickels and dimes you for extra content, even if that content doesn't give you an advantage.

If you want more money for all your content, release it as dlc and be transparent that the cost is higher than the base game cost for all the content.

Don't sell me the hot dog and tell me later that the condiments cost extra. I expected the condiments were included in the price.

I didn't say it was pay2win. I just don't like the notion of a pay to play game that nickels and dimes you for extra content, even if that content doesn't give you an advantage.

If you want more money for all your content, release it as dlc and be transparent that the cost is higher than the base game cost for all the content.

Don't sell me the hot dog and tell me later that the condiments cost extra. I expected the condiments were included in the price.

You realize that TF2 could be looked at the same way, right? The extra gives no advantage. The only difference is that you pay to support the alpha development of the game.

How can we know how DayZ gameplay is like if we can't even start it up

Just buy all 3 and never play any of them.

as an owner of dayz, i can confirm these

You realize that TF2 could be looked at the same way, right? The extra gives no advantage. The only difference is that you pay to support the alpha development of the game.

Except I didnt pay for TF2

Which is exactly what I said as the difference. Also, TF2 was pay to play at first as well.

Ah I misread your comment. But in any effect I dont think you understand what Fluffy was trying to say. I believe you perceived that he said it was pay to play which is why you're comparing it to TF2. Correct? What Fluffy mean was why are they disguising it in a game that I already paid for? Just make it DLC and admit up front that you're nickel and diming me for content.

Ah I misread your comment. But in any effect I dont think you understand what Fluffy was trying to say. I believe you perceived that he said it was pay to play which is why you're comparing it to TF2. Correct? What Fluffy mean was why are they disguising it in a game that I already paid for? Just make it DLC and admit up front that you're nickel and diming me for content.

But that's just it, at the moment it's not content, it's cosmetics, same as TF2. The airdrop system doesn't offer any content you can't already get in game.

But that's just it, at the moment it's not content, it's cosmetics, same as TF2. The airdrop system doesn't offer any content you can't already get in game.

You're not getting my point. TF2 is free and you dont pay anything to play the game, which is why this business model is viewed as A-OK. But Im already paying for H1Z1 so why are they making me get nickeled and dimed for content, why dont they just be more transparent and make it DLC?

You're not getting my point. TF2 is free and you dont pay anything to play the game, which is why this business model is viewed as A-OK. But Im already paying for H1Z1 so why are they making me get nickeled and dimed for content, why dont they just be more transparent and make it DLC?

My point is that this is a game in development and will be f2p when it releases, same as TF2 became f2p. The business model is exceedingly similar to TF2 in many ways. You use keys to open crates to get cosmetics. The cosmetics don't actually help your gaming. You can buy an airstrip to get an almost assured good weapon or you can wait for it to spawn in world, like buying a weapon from Mann co store and waiting for it to drop in game. The game has started out as pay to play, but will end up as f2p. In fact, you get more advantages paying for H1Z1 than you did for TF2. In H1Z1 alpha, you have a chance to win free event tickets (comparable to TOD tickets) and the events are currently free.

My point is that this is a game in development and will be f2p when it releases, same as TF2 became f2p. The business model is exceedingly similar to TF2 in many ways. You use keys to open crates to get cosmetics. The cosmetics don't actually help your gaming. You can buy an airstrip to get an almost assured good weapon or you can wait for it to spawn in world, like buying a weapon from Mann co store and waiting for it to drop in game. The game has started out as pay to play, but will end up as f2p. In fact, you get more advantages paying for H1Z1 than you did for TF2. In H1Z1 alpha, you have a chance to win free event tickets (comparable to TOD tickets) and the events are currently free.

if you know that h1z1 is going to be Free to Play eventually then there's literally no reason to buy it now. At least TF2 was an unexpected thing. Again you could argue that there are those event tickets, but youre telling me youll pay 20$ for a chance to get a ToD ticket when you get the game for free in some ways down the road? The game is also in early access as well so you're basically paying them to to do free beta testing for them. It's shady business practice is all.

Um...did you miss that you are paying to support the development of an alpha. H1Z1 will be free to play during/after beta(Tf2 is still in beta I believe so who knows). Content is not relevant to playing H1Z1.

Rust is so good, problem is, none of my friends ever play it anymore so I don't either. Its graphics are so much nicer as well.

Reason why I don't like DayZ: I was looting Berezino (or however you spell it), and was going throught the apartment buildings. I got to the top and thought I would go up onto the roof. I got to the top of the ladder, and slid down it, breaking my legs. Luckily, a friend wasn't that far away with morphine so he ran to me and healed me. Not 10 minutes later, I was looting a different building, and as I was going down the stairs I fell down and my legs broke again. My friend had to execute me because there was no more morphine.

Archived