Uncraftable Items Should be Worth More

TheMaxShaft

Do you think Uncraftable Items should be worth more  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Uncraftable Items should be worth more

I used to have the only tradeable uncraftable earbuds, brought them for 22 buds in a quicksell, and they later sold for 28. I guess if it's a rarity, people'll jump all over it, even though to anyone but avid collectors you can't even see the uncraft status in game. Helped me buy a golden pan, so I won't discredit there's exceptional circumstances where uncrafts are worth having.

Although I do agree that I think they should be worth more, it's not for the reasons you state.  Commonly bought ones just to get an account of course should be worthless due to how common they are.  Although the ones that are 2.50 and up that are worth a weapon on bp.tf are just a bit fucky in price.  The issue here is that very few people hold the group mentality that uncraftable is somehow worse.  Uncraftable is much more rare to find and have on some weapons as opposed to their common, worthless drops that are craftable.  Are they more rare?  Yes.  Are they valued as rare?  No.  They have nothing extra that adds to their quality as vintage, strange, and collector's does, so most people try to ignore them because "ew, I can't craft this that must mean it's really fucking shitty".  I could go on a whole rant about why that mentality is ignorant, but this thread is about their value and not how people see them generally.

>Minecraft avatar

>Newbie

>Bp worth 70 ref at best

>Says uncrafts should be more because people are stupid enough to buy weps and hats from store

Troll. Definitely a troll.

I'll try to give a proper explanation.

In a basic economy prices are set by demand and supply. If something is more expensive less people want to buy it but more people want to sell it and vice versa. Uncraftable items for the most part have very low demand as there is really no reason why you would want an uncraftable one over a normal one.

Assuming the sellers do not have market influence, which is the case for most items in tf2, a low demand will thus lead to a low price.

Rarity and demand dictate value.  While in most cases, uncrafts are much rarer than their normal variants, it doesn't usually mean much because demand for them is typically very low.  There are of course some exceptions.

If demand for uncrafts goes up (unlikely IMO) then their rarity will become much more of a factor.

Something worthy of note is that while weapons bought from the store are still uncraftable, cosmetics from the store aren't .  The store was changed so that cosmetics bought from there are now fully craftable  This makes most uncraft cosmetics limited in number, while their craftable variants are unlimited.  There are also tradeable uncraft cosmetics which do not come from the store (exorciser, sir hootsalot, crone's dome, spooky sleeves/shoes, etc.).  These come from koth_lakeside_event drops during halloween each year and so are not limited in number in the same way as other uncraft cosmetics are.

I spat out my water reading this.

Why the hell would you want to pay x2 more for having a (Not usable in crafting) at the bottom of your item?

$20 you're 12 too

>Minecraft Avatar

>Poor bp

>Perma banned for troll/soapbox/proofless suggestions

^

Archived