Valentine's Day

PeterLG

Valentine's Day Poll  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How are you going to spend your Valentine's Day?

• Spending time with my significant other ;)
    • Breaking out the Kleenex & ice cream listening to "All By Myself"
    • I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one á?¦( ͡° Í?Ê? ͡°)á?¤
    • Scoffing at the hopeless couples
    • Not caring...
    • Metalshiflet

honestly like if you can't appreciate the idea of a day where you're supposed to be as loving as possible you should probably stop trying so hard to be cynical

Cynical? No, just realistic. There's nothing wrong at all with loving, being romantic, etc, quite the opposite. I just don't see why there is a "holiday" dedicated to it like we need to be reminded. Why can't you be as loving as possible throughout your life? I don't understand why i'm supposed to be more loving, etc (or at least show it more) on one day than the others.

I'll be spending time with my gf, I wanted to make plans because I'm the one that's expected to since I'm the man (she'll say it doesn't matter that I'm the man but then expect me to anyway) but I was pre-occupied this week with studies so I haven't really planned anything. I think we'll watch a movie and get dinner at someplace, she suggested watching Fifty Shades of Grey which we'd only watch as a joke so that will be interesting if we end up doing that...

Cynical? No, just realistic. There's nothing wrong at all with loving, being romantic, etc, quite the opposite. I just don't see why there is a "holiday" dedicated to it like we need to be reminded. Why can't you be as loving as possible throughout your life? I don't understand why i'm supposed to be more loving, etc (or at least show it more) on one day than the others.

That's true but since it is a day you may as well embrace it by spending time with your SO.

"Why can't you be as loving as possible throughout your life?"

The problem with this is that it's like having a birthday everyday, it would be great but it's going to be expensive and a lot of effort. Sure not all gifts/gestures for your SO have to cost money or much money but it's just not something that we need to do that frequently when we already have anniversaries and something my gf and I try to celebrate is 'monthi-versaries' but sometimes we can get lazy with those. If you're not bothering to celebrate these things and be as loving to your SO as possible then the relationship probably wont be very rewarding and worthwhile for either person involved.

I see your point and we should be as loving as possible to our SOs but Valentine's Day is a day that you can make things even more special than a normal loving day. If that makes sense.

I usually don't care, but recently I feel like I'm just downright unattractive and no one likes me and I don't like the feeling of being lonely.

http://m.imgur.com/HlfEoPR<---- bang this godess :P

And you're not ugly Alex, you just really need to cut your hair.

A lot of people think you're a girl at school.

I bought a Crush can for my "bae"

She has a boyfriend, but I'm still bae.

I don't care what anyone says, that's an achievement for me.

An unusual with a circling heart effect?

A ghastlierest gibus actually. But there's a reason for that. I used to have a gibus collection a while ago & I told her recently that I missed having it. So she got me a gibus. B)

because humans are humans and we can't and won't always be as loving as possible. i'm not saying it's a miracle day, but it is good and helpful to have a day where you can possibly start a relationship by being open about your feelings with less fear and also to have a reminder that it's really really nice to treat someone specially. you can't treat someone specially every day because then it ain't special. you know what i mean? it's good to have a set date where you go above and beyond to make someone happy because realistically that can't happen all the time.

coming from someone who has just had a 2 year relationship put on hold due to factors completely outside of anyone's control 2 days before valentines day as well lol

With my significant other :)

Still got 6 roses and 3 chocolates through the valentines grams today, my gf and i both agreed to give our gifts after school, and the grams werent from her though. Weird.

I bought a Crush can for my "bae"

She has a boyfriend, but I'm still bae.

I don't care what anyone says, that's an achievement for me.

I hope you're joking, because you are so damn deep in the friendzone that rescue parties got lost trying to haul you out. 

because humans are humans and we can't and won't always be as loving as possible. i'm not saying it's a miracle day, but it is good and helpful to have a day where you can possibly start a relationship by being open about your feelings with less fear and also to have a reminder that it's really really nice to treat someone specially. you can't treat someone specially every day because then it ain't special. you know what i mean? it's good to have a set date where you go above and beyond to make someone happy because realistically that can't happen all the time.

coming from someone who has just had a 2 year relationship put on hold due to factors completely outside of anyone's control 2 days before valentines day as well lol

I agree that realistically people aren't the best all the time, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. Still if you're into the holiday I suppose you should make the most of it, I just don't see it that way personally. And I too know the pain, I was in a relationship for almost 4 years before being a long ways away at college made it impossible.

Archived