I feel bad for this guy

polar

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198035968136-gomezgerardo155.4672/- this guy was banned 3 years ago for short-changing someone 4 keys in a 46 key-item trade. He later returned the 4 keys, which you can see in one of his appeals. But his appeal has been sitting for 3 years with no luck.

His main is SR marked. He made an alt - not an obvious one - which was recently banned. And he submitted an appeal on that alt asking if we could consider unbanning the alt. No reports of scams or anything like that in the meantime (that I can see).

Feel pretty bad for him... He keeps shooting himself in the foot by closing appeals after they don't get looked at for months and making a new one only to get moved to the back of the line again. 3 years later...

I will grant that it's possible that there are "hidden" notes on the ban. But I absolutely hate the lack of transparency on things like this. If there are other reasons to ban him, they should be mentioned or at least alluded to.

Posted · Hidden by polar, February 10, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, February 10, 2015 - No reason given

Damn....Steam rep sucks TBH....

why do we trust that like its the bible?

Because we're too lazy ourselves to create another website that tracks and reports user trading activities and one that marks scammer and is active 

This guy made a mistake, give him a chance

I honestly got a bit choked up seeing that. I can't imagine having to wait three years and just getting ignored like that. Best of luck to him and I hope he gets the proper assistance soon.  :(

Be careful polar by posting stuff like this, SR is reviewing most status updates & threads and if you say anything that is remotely bad they will hunt you down.

Some one create a better, non shitty steamrep plz. I will give you a free hug.

The "scammer" has been offline for 44 days.

We do? 

It's a handy source of information regarding a user's background, but there are LOTS of scammers who aren't marked; and a lot of people who shouldn't be marked who are. (A ton of UHC marks were given out to micspammers) 

After Helen said that there is "no one else" capable of being a mod/handling appeals/reports I lost every last drop of remaining respect I had for her. You can't honestly believe that to be true unless you're EXTREMELY arrogant and have absolutely no sense of humbleness. 

SteamRep is just one incredibly fucked up site, that USED to serve a purpose and now it just makes life hell for everyone. It's run poorly and hasn't grown with the times and it's time for it to die off -- let OP/bptf/bazaar manage bans/tags as these communities actually know how to moderate and handle things. (Yes, mistakes are still made by these communities, but most get sorted out much quicker and scammers get marked much faster) 

After Helen said that there is "no one else" capable of being a mod/handling appeals/reports I lost every last drop of remaining respect I had for her. You can't honestly believe that to be true unless you're EXTREMELY arrogant and have absolutely no sense of humbleness. 

wait, people had respect for her in the first place?

Respect until given a reason not to.

Only thing I could think of for some reason.

btw 17 guests reading spoopy

SteamRep is just one incredibly fucked up site, that USED to serve a purpose and now it just makes life hell for everyone. It's run poorly and hasn't grown with the times and it's time for it to die off -- let OP/bptf/bazaar manage bans/tags as these communities actually know how to moderate and handle things. (Yes, mistakes are still made by these communities, but most get sorted out much quicker and scammers get marked much faster) 

Agreed.  On one hand, of course it serves a purpose for marking scammers like Google, or all the other fuckwads who did some serious damage to members of the community and the community as a whole.  But then on other hand, they take 3 years to handle an appeal of a guy who ran off with 4 keys (off topic:  should 4 keys warrant a perma ban?  Seems like chopping off someone's hand for stealing a loaf of bread).   So now if I traded with this guy, I'd get marked which seems Draconian.  And therein lies the problem:  It's turned into this never ending cycle of fuckery where people get banned for trading with tagged members, completely regardless of whether the item(s) traded for were scammed or obtained legitimately.  And I'm pretty sure it's turned into this thing now where you have all these hall monitor douchebags just creeping other members of the community waiting for the tiniest slip-up that'll allow them to file a report.  

Yes, but acting like an idiot is a good way to lose respect from the community very quickly. It's sad really, Steamrep could actually still be useful if properly run.

None of you would trade with a marked SteamRep "scammer" would you? :^3

None of you would trade with a marked SteamRep "scammer" would you? :^3

Depends, if there wasn't a real reason for the ban I would or if the person had a craft #2 item that I want.

We do? 

It's a handy source of information regarding a user's background, but there are LOTS of scammers who aren't marked; and a lot of people who shouldn't be marked who are. (A ton of UHC marks were given out to micspammers) 

I lost my respect for her when I got a weeklong OP ban for relisting on buying unusual trades. I'm all for rules but in the past Sneeza says himself that it was allowed when dealing with pure. She said absolutely no one else does what I was doing.

I don't understand why SteamRep is still in use...

If I had the resources/time to develop another site, I would, but sadly I don't

We dont even need a new one. Just let community leaders deal with it. Much faster and up to date.

Posted · Hidden by polar, February 11, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, February 11, 2015 - No reason given

We do? 

People had respect for Helen? She is the most egotistical brat in the entire tf2 community. She throws a fit every time someone says something bad about her or outpost or sr. She thinks she is gods gift to tf2.

Be careful polar by posting stuff like this, SR is reviewing most status updates & threads and if you say anything that is remotely bad they will hunt you down.

So, they have time to hunt Polar down but not have a functioning website?

I think it is mainly the older traders that care about that site bur it really has no purpose.

I have a question. What if Someone could request a bp.tf mod review thier case and if the mod clears them the mod will post that result in the their trust. Would that be acceptable?

So, they have time to hunt Polar down but not have a functioning website?

I think it is mainly the older traders that care about that site bur it really has no purpose.

I have a question. What if Someone could request a bp.tf mod review thier case and if the mod clears them the mod will post that result in the their trust. Would that be acceptable?

Basically what you're saying is that bptf should "override" SR -- which is just asking for trouble. Not to mention, you'll get people saying: "I checked his trust and it said to ignore SR, so why did I get a scammer tag for trading with a scammer when bptf said it was okay."

Archived