CSGO Budget Gaming PC

Syndaz

Do you intend to do anything other than CSGO, or do you intend to do any multitasking (or streaming)? if you do, then I'd go with an i3 instead (and a better a gpu).

Also, if you don't need a lot of storage, I would lose the HDD and just go wtih a 120/250gb ssd. 

P.s. if you want front USB 3.0 than go with an MSI H81-E34 and NZXT Source 210 Elite (the cheapest mobo with usb 3.0 headers iirc).

I'd also go for a 23"-24" monitor. 

P.p.p.s You may consider dropping the GPU and getting an i5 and using integrated graphics for gaming as even HD4600 can handle csgo pretty well. 

Do you intend to do anything other than CSGO? if you do, then I'd go with an i3 instead (and a better a gpu).

Also, if you don't need a lot of storage, I would lose the HDD and just go wtih a 120/250gb ssd. 

P.s. if you want front USB 3.0 than go with an MSI H81-E34 and NZXT Source 210 Elite (the cheapest mobo with usb 3.0 headers iirc).

I'd also go for a 23"-24" monitor. 

Pretty much only CSGO. COD and other games as the such aren't tickling my fancy. As I said I'm trying to minimize costs so I don't think upgrading might be a possibility. Could I get the same performance out of something slightly cheaper?

Pretty much only CSGO. COD and other games as the such aren't tickling my fancy. As I said I'm trying to minimize costs so I don't think upgrading might be a possibility. Could I get the same performance out of something slightly cheaper?

Not really cheaper....Although, I would consider going with an i5 and no gpu. As even the iGPU in an i5 (HD4600) can handle CSGO pretty well (I can test it a bit later/tomorrow and give you exact performance). The only reason I suggest this as an alternative, because then you can just drop in a gpu in the future (without having to upgrade your cpu) if you decide you want more power. 

Even an i3's iGPU would likely yield satisfactory results and still leave you room for future games. Keep in mind, some AAA titles won't even launch on a dual core (without some modification). 

/But if your ONLY intention is CSGO, then go with a G3258 and 7750/7770/260/260x. 

Not really cheaper....Although, I would consider going with an i5 and no gpu. As even the iGPU in an i5 (HD4600) can handle CSGO pretty well (I can test it a bit later/tomorrow and give you exact performance). The only reason I suggest this as an alternative, because then you can just drop in a gpu in the future (without having to upgrade your cpu) if you decide you want more power. 

Even an i3's iGPU would likely yield more than satisfactory results and still leave you room for future games. Keep in mind, some AAA titles won't even launch on a dual core (without some modification). 

I would appreciate it if you could do the test if you can. If the results look good I'll go with your advice.

I would appreciate it if you could do the test if you can. If the results look good I'll go with your advice.

Well, if your only intention is CSGO then a g3258+260/260x would yield better performance than integrated graphics. The only reason to consider an i3/i5 would be so you can upgrade to a better gpu down the line without being forced to upgrade your cpu. But if you really only intend to play CSGO, then a G3258 + 260/x would be the better choice. 

Well, if your only intention is CSGO then a g3258+260/260x would yield better performance than integrated graphics. The only reason to consider an i3/i5 would be so you can upgrade to a better gpu down the line without being forced to upgrade your cpu. But if you really only intend to play CSGO, then a G3258 + 260/x would be the better choice. 

Allright thanks for the advice I'll see what I can do. Have a nice night.

Archived