In my opinion backpack.tf is censoring users from speaking out against the elite

Milz187

Hi,

I've recently had 2 threads locked, I was told it was because it was constructed in a way to promote a flame war.

I was told to look at the following guide before I post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2iw7o7/how_to_present_your_opinions_without_causing_a/

I'm personally not a fan of how threads are locked, and believe users should be able to discuss issues and not be censored.

The two locked threads are here:

I was told via private chat I should not have used the word sheepish in the second link, and that the replies that followed were justified for the lock, in my opinion I don't believe this is good enough reasoning.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29653-so-i-just-got-a-perm-ban-on-op/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/28409-the-non-community-run-community/

1) You shouldn't be making such stupid 12-year old-like threads

2) if mods/admins locked it, it's to prevent any further bullshit/riots from happening.

3) Why is it in TF2 Economy?

In my opinion, you're just butthurt over 2 stupid threads by you.

1) You shouldn't be making such stupid 12-year old-like threads

2) if mods/admins locked it, it's to prevent any further bullshit/riots from happening.

3) Why is it in TF2 Economy?

In my opinion, you're just butthurt over 2 stupid threads by you.

I am making threads to highlight issues. If you feel the need to call me names please do so on my steam wall or add me to discuss.

You were aggresive and butthurt from what i read (did not read all of it tho )nobody wants that so the threads got locked thats life deal with it thanks bye

I still like that someone said 

'Helen will [...]'

this is a funny joke.

My ban appeal has not been answered since 8+ months

You were aggresive and butthurt from what i read (did not read all of it tho )nobody wants that so the threads got locked thats life deal with it thanks bye

'Helen will [...]'

this is a funny joke.

'Helen will [...]'

this is a funny joke.

I was speaking how I generally speak, if by trying to make a point I can across as aggressive and butt hurt so be it. 

I don't thing things should be censored, I believe I highlighted many concerns and issues but due to the fact that I can off as aggressive in my approach this was closed off.

I'll be calm but I can't control other users like those that already posted here with an aggressive approach and I don't think my thoughts should be closed off when they are calm because of other users that are posting.

Backpack.tf is China

They're not censoring you from speaking out. They're censoring you from starting pointless flame wars and probably making things worse for yourself.

The butthurt is real though

Backpack.tf is China

They're not censoring you from speaking out. They're censoring you from starting pointless flame wars and probably making things worse for yourself.

The butthurt is real though

I did not look to start a flamewar.

I believe saying I am going to lock this before a flame war erupts is censoring.

As quoted in the locked thread.

"Locking before this turns into a flame war."

In saying that I did ask for that thread to be locked, it seemed pointless but I would have liked to have the other thread open as i thought it was constructive.

Also I find it pretty funny how I had a thread locked because I used the word sheepish and so far all the posts here have been in fact that.

Like I said, Deal with it. It's not like Outpost is your only trading platform option, there is always bazaar and bp.tf classifieds

16KdaesKdaAI8.gif

Inb4 cleverpun locks this again

Yeah might as well lock it, people seem to be against people pointing out injustices here. Mostly because people that see it are 2 scared to post so it just leaves the thread for criticism .

I won't post here anymore, feel free to shit all over this thread.

If it stays open and gets bumped up, those with logic please read through the locked threads and draw your own conclusions.

I think the biggest problem is that while you're trying to point out injustices that exist, in your opinion, it's not done in a constructive manner.  For instance, look at the title of this thread:  "In my opinion backpack.tf is censoring users from speaking out against the elite".  When you create a thread and use a title like that, you're automatically creating a hostile and argumentative environment.  Then, the actual content of your post is a complaint because you feel mods are treating you unfairly.  

>censoring

>insulting other users

Yeah please review what you did end up saying to Bobsplosion before you complain about it.

I think the biggest problem is that while you're trying to point out injustices that exist, in your opinion, it's not done in a constructive manner.  For instance, look at the title of this thread:  "In my opinion backpack.tf is censoring users from speaking out against the elite".  When you create a thread and use a title like that, you're automatically creating a hostile and argumentative environment.  Then, the actual content of your post is a complaint because you feel mods are treating you unfairly.  

I wasn't going to reply and leave this thread as is, but you just highlight the censoring more... you saying my tone should be controlled.... trying to control my tone is censoring..... how would have worded it? My concern is that Backpack.tf is censoring posts and locking threads and protecting the elite of the community. How can I state my concern without sounds aggressive.. should I have put a smiley face at the end of it. If i'm going to say something I'm not going to pussy foot around it, I'm going to get straight to the point. 

In my opinion most of backpack.tf posters are a bunch of sheep, this community and the other larger communities dictate and govern how individuals should view moral points of view, those of which could have different looks into them but you are told how you should think and act by a select few and if you don't follow their views then you cast aside.

Tanner: "Yeah please review what you did end up saying to Bobsplosion before you complain about it."

What did I say to Bob?

His 1st statement was who are you? why does it matter If he knows me or not? He commented on the thread without having anything constructive to say and for the sake of shit posting. I simply shit posted him back... If you give some you should be prepared to give some, it's not my fault I'm a better shit talker than him and he has to resort to smiley faces.

All the comments here are pretty much sheepish, you don't disagree with my thoughts most people that have commented about my thoughts agree that theirs issues with the community but instead of this community allowing for freedom of discussion it sensors it under the flag of "flaming" and the sensible people are either scared to post or don't even bother posting but the people how are left and the lets point out he's flaming "ignoring he's correct concerns" and not discussing the issue at hand.

Tanner: "Yeah please review what you did end up saying to Bobsplosion before you complain about it."

What did I say to Bob?

His 1st statement was who are you? why does it matter If he knows me or not? He commented on the thread without having anything constructive to say and for the sake of shit posting. I simply shit posted him back... If you give some you should be prepared to give some, it's not my fault I'm a better shit talker than him and he has to resort to smiley faces.

All the comments here are pretty much sheepish, you don't disagree with my thoughts most people that have commented about my thoughts agree that theirs issues with the community but instead of this community allowing for freedom of discussion it sensors it under the flag of "flaming" and the sensible people are either scared to post or don't even bother posting but the people how are left and the lets point out he's flaming "ignoring he's correct concerns" and not discussing the issue at hand.

I am not willing to deal with your shit. I don't want another warning point.

He was asking who were you, he didn't know you big deal.

Then you went on and on with this...

Do you think you can speak on behalf of the community now?

But mostly nothing, but If I see unjust dealing going on I think as a member of a community I'm more than entitled to air those dealings. I didn't post this to get you to fix it.

But I'm sure if you were in my shoes you'll be having a massive hissy fit.

Bob has no more authority than I do in the community. You can't just call him out like that just because.

I'm also gonna quote myself here:

He was just saying "We can't help you, we're just forumers on a crappy forum", not "o im rich bitch now shut the fuck up"

I am not willing to deal with your shit. I don't want another warning point.

He was asking who were you, he didn't know you big deal.

Then you went on and on with this...

Bob has no more authority than I do in the community. You can't just call him out like that just because.

Ok so I highlight issues with the community but you put that aside and are fixated with Bob. The community issues are more important than Bob but you choose to divert the main topic.

If you wan't to divert the main reasoning of this thread and discuss bob ok.

Why did he ask who I was, he ended up knowing me since but if he didn't why does it matter who I am? If I wasn't know to the community but had concerns with it like mine but I am then being asked by one of the most known people in the community, who I am? How does that show me confidence in an equal and fair community?

Why don't you quote what he said then my reply?

Ok so I highlight issues with the community but you put that aside and are fixated with Bob. The community issues are more important than Bob but you choose to divert the main topic.

If you wan't to divert the main reasoning of this thread and discuss bob ok.

Why did he ask who I was, he ended up knowing me since but if he didn't why does it matter who I am? If I wasn't know to the community but had concerns with it like mine but I am then being asked by one of the most known people in the community, who I am? How does that show me confidence in an equal and fair community?

Why don't you quote what he said then my reply?

You started insulting Bob for no reason. I would ask who were you too.

And no I'm not associating myself with Bob. So I am going to leave it at that. If you want to complain, go bitch to Sneeza and HelenAngel, not us. We're not Outpost.

You started insulting Bob for no reason. I would ask who were you too.

And no I'm not associating myself with Bob. So I am going to leave it at that. If you want to complain, go bitch to Sneeza and HelenAngel, not us. We're not Outpost.

Not for no reason, he shitposted then he stated that he is known for throwing hissy fits... I corrected it said he is known for throwing money. Was i wrong? Ask people how they know Bob, they won't say oh the guy that throws hissy fits.

I'm on a community forum.

It's very ironic that I am posting concerns with censoring which in turn has created sheep like behaviors. But in turn all I get is the same reworded posts back to back about how I shouldn't be typing like this... how I shouldn't be discussing that. Thanks for proving me point. 

Who is us you speak of? do you speak for the community?

Not for no reason, he stated that he is known for throwing hissy fits... I corrected it said he is known for throwing money. Was i wrong? As people how they know Bob, they won't say oh the guy that throws hissy fits.

I'm on a community forum.

It's very ironic that I am posting concerns with censoring which in turn has created sheep like behaviors. But in turn all I get is the same reworded posts back to back about how I shouldn't be typing like this... how I shouldn't be discussing that. Thanks for proving me point. 

I said I am done. So stop bitching that you bought an item from a scammer. Three strikes, you're out. And you obviously hit your three strikes.

Cleverpun, sorry if I am starting the flame, but he just doesn't get it. We're not OP. We have no say in what the OP mods do. If so, talk it out with someone.

I said I am done. So stop bitching that you bought an item from a scammer. Three strikes, you're out. And you obviously hit your three strikes.

Cleverpun, sorry if I am starting the flame, but he just doesn't get it. We're not OP. We have no say in what the OP mods do. If so, talk it out with someone.

It was my 1st offense. I am directing this to the community not OP. Where else should I post my Team Fortress 2 related concerns about the community? Should I just keep quite?

It was my 1st offense. I am directing this to the community not OP. Where else should I post my Team Fortress 2 related concerns about the community? Should I just keep quite?

So you bought this and this. What else do you expect besides a perma? You traded god-tier hats from a SR-marked profile, and according to this report, you also were banned on OP in the past for spam. So you sold 2 hk cones for a god tier medic hat and a god tier level 52 kabuto.

So you bought this and this. What else do you expect besides a perma? You traded god-tier hats from a SR-marked profile, and according to this report, you also were banned on OP in the past for spam. So you sold 2 hk cones for a god tier medic hat and a god tier level 52 kabuto.

I expected a fair dealing, which I got once Helen looked at it as she said it's not protocol to ban over the 1st offense.

The Sunbeams HCK sold for around $5500 not to long ago.... and I had rejected offers of around 60 - 70 buds on the Morning Glory HCK. So I paid around 260ish buds for around 130ish in items according to backpack.tf (Pullover is priced at 110) +( buto) 20 buds. So with a bit of common sense you'll see I wasn't dealing with scammers for self profit. Which Helen seen and correct the initial perm ban but once I made a comment about outpost I was perm banned once again by sneeza the next day... over the same case I was cleared of.

I was banned for 1 day for spam.... the spam was me posting on a thread warning someone to be careful in dealing with Wayne after wayne said he is adding him. If anything that ban highlights I'm one to look out for the community and the community groups are censoring even more.

But yeah i'll rather this thread go in this direction. Ask me questions and I'll answer them. I'm not trying to promote flaming but most of the flaming is coming from people who just come in and quote butthurt... ect.

There's obvious issues, I think we should be free to discuss issues in the community on any community forum and not be scared of repercussions.

I expected a fair dealing, which I got once Helen looked at it as she said it's not protocol to ban over the 1st offense.

The Sunbeams HCK sold for around $5500 not to long ago.... and I had rejected offers of around 60 - 70 buds on the Morning Glory HCK. So I paid around 260ish buds for around 130ish in items according to backpack.tf (Pullover is priced at 110) +( buto) 20 buds. So with a bit of common sense you'll see I wasn't dealing with scammers for self profit. Which Helen seen and correct the initial perm ban but once I made a comment about outpost I was perm banned once again by sneeza the next day... over the same case I was cleared of.

I was banned for 1 day for spam.... the spam was me posting on a thread warning someone to be careful in dealing with Wayne after wayne said he is adding him. If anything that ban highlights I'm one to look out for the community and the community groups are censoring even more.

But yeah i'll rather this thread go in this direction. Ask me questions and I'll answer them. I'm not trying to promote flaming but most of the flaming is coming from people who just come in and quote butthurt... ect.

There's obvious issues, I think we should be free to discuss issues in the community on any community forum and not be scared of repercussions.

Well then... what gave you the incentive to take the Pullover and Kabuto?

Archived