Normal trading needs email confriming too

Senpai Absol~

was updated last night.

Nobody made a thread so

Just like with trade offers, you need to go to your email and hit accept to do the trade.

/thread

They'll learn anyway

Yeah I guess.

Now im really tempted to turn this shit off but if I ever get hijacked I rather not lose all my shit

This really isn't a big deal or any kind of determent to the community at all, it's actually helpful.  We care enough about trading/enjoy it enough to post on a forum where most of the topics in this section of the forum are geared towards the economy or trading.  Most people don't enjoy trading as much as we do and may be more susceptible to being hijacked than many of us are.  This community is great, there are a lot of helpful people, but unfortunately not everyone is actively involved and accounts get hijacked on a daily basis.  The email conformation may seem like a bit of a hassle, but it's really a quick process and doesn't hinder legit trades from happening while helping to protect individuals who have had their account hacked.

This really isn't a big deal or any kind of determent to the community at all, it's actually helpful.  We care enough about trading/enjoy it enough to post on a forum where most of the topics in this section of the forum are geared towards the economy or trading.  Most people don't enjoy trading as much as we do and may be more susceptible to being hijacked than many of us are.  This community is great, there are a lot of helpful people, but unfortunately not everyone is actively involved and accounts get hijacked on a daily basis.  The email conformation may seem like a bit of a hassle, but it's really a quick process and doesn't hinder legit trades from happening while helping to protect individuals who have had their account hacked.

I don't have a huge issue with the email confirmation, but a lot of people I trade with don't understand it/have their parents emails linked to their account, and think I'm hijacking them or something

It's been up for a little over 1 day and I've already have 4 people back out of deals because of these dumb emails.

I don't have a huge issue with the email confirmation, but a lot of people I trade with don't understand it/have their parents emails linked to their account, and think I'm hijacking them or something

It's been up for a little over 1 day and I've already have 4 people back out of deals because of these dumb emails.

Why would they need to use their parent's? You can make an email in 15 seconds

Maybe they're worried the big bad policemen will come and get them if they find out they made an email while under the age limit. :P

Yeah I guess.

Now im really tempted to turn this shit off but if I ever get hijacked I rather not lose all my shit

You are not getting your shit back either way. Just turn it off and save some time.

Coffee Crumb: They Made it So You have To Have A Email Confirmation To Trade Now  -_-
Coffee Crumb: Well Fuck...
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: :L
Coffee Crumb: well...
Coffee Crumb: go to tf2
Coffee Crumb: Lets trade From Their
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: cant you just send me a trade offer?
Coffee Crumb: No
Coffee Crumb: I Dont Own My Account :/
Coffee Crumb: My parents Do
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: shouldn't stop you from sending a trade offer tohugh
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: *though
Coffee Crumb: you need a email confirmation  -_-
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: trading in tf2 wouldn't change anything
Coffee Crumb: It Might
Coffee Crumb: Just try
Kevin the Chicken God [GIRL]: it wont
Coffee Crumb: I SAID FUCKING TRY

I have no idea

So.. my hopes that it isn't real just crushed

What for?

Phishing bots

Possible grammar\spelling errors ahead

~

This... eh... i have no words. Really. But i'll try to pick some to describe this situation from my point of view.

First of all, Hipsta Jayzus was right with his wall of text

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/28706-steams-new-security-features-trading-in-general-and-a-why-you-should-be-concerned/&do=findComment&comment=317633 )

I've started to get WAY more adds because " hur dur tr8 offah doesn't bworking, so i've added you ". Explained how to opt out couple of times at least.

What now? I'll get no fucking trades at all? Situation like link below will happen at least once per day?

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29517-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-fuckkkkkkkk/?hl=%2Btrade+%2Boffer

What will be next? Email confirmation for every letter you type in steam chat?

Archived