Stop with the key-rising price suggestions.

Dr. Ocsid

Why? Think about it. When keys were 2.33, people sold for 2.44. However there was no price speadsheet or anything back then. Now, what has been happening is, spreadsheet says 3.66. People start (Successfully) selling at 3.77 each. People notice this and create a suggestion to heighten then price. Then the same damned cycle happens over and over again. Heck, there are people selling for 4.33 ref each. Let's try something and see if anything happens to the prices if backpack.tf's price never changes. Just don't allow price suggestions for one month. You'll see that the prices won't rise anymore.

"We are not trying to raise our backpack value, we are just showing their current price on the market"

The neverending circlejerk of irony.

Dont be atupid, bp.tf is NOT causing the key:metal ratio increase....it might be speeding it up, but is most certainly not creating it.

Dont be atupid, bp.tf is NOT causing the key:metal ratio increase....it might be speeding it up, but is most certainly not creating it.

lol

Read my first post, 2nd sentence.

Logic.

Herpderp keys are 4 ref. Let's make a scrap of profit.

Price goes up.

Dumb logic if you ask me.

Just saying their are much buyers at the current high range of 4 ref. And guess what, they successfully resell for more. On each other item the price would be 4-4.11 but on keys it's more sensible so it's just 3.88-4 and maybe 3.88-4.11 soon. Also most suggestions are up for days and so bp.tf is mostly a bit behind (to outpost, the fastest changing market).

Well when people stop paying more, then the suggestions will stop. 

If you disable it for a month, i think it'll still go up, except a bunch of new traders will sell them cheap and they'll be taken advantage of and then those keys will be resold for more. 

"We are not trying to raise our backpack value, we are just showing their current price on the market"

I don't think you know what irony is.

To address the main topic: the suggestions will stop when the price stops rising, which won't be for a while.  please stop with the suggestions regarding how bp.tf should handle key suggestions.

common though guys, 2 suggestions accepeted PER week, with them suggested every-day, no matter how fast the market changes, this is a poor way to handle it. 1 suggestion a week was better than this, honestly.

Just don't allow price suggestions for one month. You'll see that the prices won't rise anymore.

Fuck can I borrow that crystal ball? I haven't bought my lottery ticket yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck can I borrow that crystal ball? I haven't bought my lottery ticket yet.

You don't need a crystal ball for common sense. At least, I don't. I dunno about the others in this thread.

Someone has not as of yet read base64's explanation.

Unless you have a Ph. D in economics, Doctor, please refrain form making unproven or even illogical statements.

again, I don't think you understand what either of those words mean.

As for the topic of this post, it is revolutionary and has opened my eyes.  Thank you Dr.

again, I don't think you understand what either of those words mean.

As for the topic of this post, it is revolutionary and has opened my eyes.  Thank you Dr.

I personally think you don't. Just move along. 

I personally think you don't. Just move along. 

Question: when was key prices last updated?

Answer: 9 days ago.

Question: what's the current listed price?

Abswer: 4-4.11

Question: what are keys currently selling for?

Answer 4-4.33 ref.

It's quite obvious the rise is happening in on its own.

Question: when was key prices last updated?

Answer: 9 days ago.

Question: what's the current listed price?

Abswer: 4-4.11

Question: what are keys currently selling for?

Answer 4-4.33 ref.

It's quite obvious the rise is happening in on its own.

Votings cause speculations. People see on the frontpage another key rise suggestion by someone with a blue star. And people will think keys are rising again.

So please that argument is invalid

Votings cause speculations. People see on the frontpage another key rise suggestion by someone with a blue star. And people will think keys are rising again.

So please that argument is invalid

So how come prices rise even when there is no suggestion (or recent accepted suggestion)?

So how come prices rise even when there is no suggestion (or recent accepted suggestion)?

You don't get it what I said. -_-

There is a suggestion right now on frontpage for 2 days already.

The topic that no one really discusses is: why is it backpack.tf's responsibility to slow down the rising key prices?  If documenting the current price of keys causes the key price to continue to rise (and people continue to line up to buy them), that seems pretty obvious to me that the current price of keys is not at equilibrium.

Yes, I'm bummed that it take me twice as long to earn a key through drops, but I don't think backpack.tf should make efforts to counter-act a natural phenomenon.  It should remain unbiased.

The topic that no one really discusses is: why is it backpack.tf's responsibility to slow down the rising key prices?  If documenting the current price of keys causes the key price to continue to rise (and people continue to line up to buy them), that seems pretty obvious to me that the current price of keys is not at equilibrium.

Yes, I'm bummed that it take me twice as long to earn a key through drops, but I don't think backpack.tf should make efforts to counter-act a natural phenomenon.  It should remain unbiased.

As long as backpack.tf is around, keys wont stabilize. Every each scrap just has to be recorded on this site, which repeats over and over. I am sure if voting wasn't allowed, the price would stabilize more. But now we can never now if it will work out or not. It''s a endless discussion. I say just take action, but people keep going on saying keys blah blah idle blah blah metal blah blah.

As long as backpack.tf is around, keys wont stabilize. Every each scrap just has to be recorded on this site, which repeats over and over. I am sure if voting wasn't allowed, the price would stabilize more. But now we can never now if it will work out or not. It''s a endless discussion. I say just take action, but people keep going on saying keys blah blah idle blah blah metal blah blah.

You didn't actually respond to any of my points that you quoted.  Why should backpack.tf take action to slow down the rising key prices?  Why is that their responsibility?

You didn't actually respond to any of my points that you quoted.  Why should backpack.tf take action to slow down the rising key prices?  Why is that their responsibility?

Why it is their responsibility? Because bp.tf is seen by many people as the standard guide for pricings. And as a leader it is natural to step up and do something about it. Like not allowing voting on keys for a while for example

Archived