Will traders stop using backpack.tf if the quality of suggestions continues to deteriorate?

Tanner the Original Scout™

I have a very serious question:

Will backpack.tf become cancer? A lot of crappy suggestions within the last 6 months have been coming through from white belts and shitposters.

What's your take on my question?

You should probably change your title to be more specific. Unless you are intentionally trying to mislead people into clicking this, in which case it should go to the GB. "Cancer" is overused and completely ambiguous. Every person who reads this will interpret it in a different way.

You should probably change your title to be more specific. Unless you are intentionally trying to mislead people into clicking this, in which case it should go to the GB. "Cancer" is overused and completely ambiguous. Every person who reads this will interpret it in a different way.

Eh, I really didn't know what would be a sufficient title.

I'll change it.

I agree and disagree.

I agree with the fact that there has been a tornado of ignorant suggestions, but I don't think people will completely ignore the site because of it.

I haven't seen a single ''this is the correct price, upvote!!1one!'' within the last week, and i've seen tons of decent suggestions recently.

So maybe.

Its fine lol.

This has always been happening.

Our mods are like Cops.

Busting caps in em heads :B1:

Well it's better they aren't Springfield Cops 

damn i wish i had that clip on me but im at school

Still, our mods are pretty damn good. I could go all fanboyish and say that aaroncsn is the best but I'm not. All mods do their job effectively.

I'll change it.

If the new title fails to capture your meaning, then feel free to change it. If it doesn't that's exactly what I mean by people failing to interpret an ambiguous question.

Still, our mods are pretty damn good. I could go all fanboyish and say that aaroncsn is the best but I'm not. All mods do their job effectively.

You pretty much just said it but put "But i'm not" xD

You pretty much just said it but put "But i'm not" xD

I did say all the mods did and do their job effectively, active or retired.

:(

I try.

Eh, don't worry. You're a good helpful mod.

unlike you know who

On a serious note, what's your take on this.

:(

I try.

You know, you seem like a nice guy here, but I started out with a negative opinion of you because of the whole trade.tf fiasco, and a post that you had made that was not conciliatory at all and just led me to believe you were selfishly helping your friend out of a bad situation, but I rescind that idea now. 

Props to you and your website, whether or not it's well liked.

Honestly, while troll/ignorant price suggestions are annoying, the mods here are pretty damn good. I've yet to see a garbage suggestion get through (except for mine) and so I don't see how its that bad of an issue. You need proof or else you get nowhere. Other than that evil pointless rage-inducing rule that you can't suggest over your backpack value. 

Honestly, while troll/ignorant price suggestions are annoying, the mods here are pretty damn good. I've yet to see a garbage suggestion get through (except for mine) and so I don't see how its that bad of an issue. You need proof or else you get nowhere. Other than that evil pointless rage-inducing rule that you can't suggest over your backpack value. 

Maybe it's better that way but then again i've missed out on so much free rep

Some changes need to be made on backpack about most currency relating things.

The current rules of backpack and trade suggestions make it so that almost 100% of time the prices for keys, buds etc.. are lagging behind the actual market price (hey ill buy any keys 15.11, and its been ALOT more off before). This leads alot of new traders to believe that backpack prices are actually the real market price, leading them to be sharked (but not really sense they made it) by more experienced traders. A site like trade.tf always has the correct market price, because it literally is the market and influenced by real traders).

But so many stupid and ignorant people use backpack that I feel this will never be fixed until backpack.tf has any real competition, which will make it look up to higher standards.

Just my 2 cents

I've seen some absolutely terrible suggestions be accepted because the price they suggested was right, and the mod posted supporting proof in the comments. It's a little bit annoying to lose voting accuracy because you down-voted a clearly inadequate suggestion when it was posted. Notable examples include:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/540dd09eb88d88c46e8b4658

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/549dcc53b98d88b63c8b4c38

Well it's better they aren't Springfield Cops 

damn i wish i had that clip on me but im at school

tumblr_mj4hbmC1ua1qic6uao1_500.gif

Here you go

Anyways, I believe that just because there are stupid suggestion, it doesn't necessarily mean that people will stop using the site. It just means that there are stupid people suggesting.

The majority of backpack.tf's user base does not actively take part in the voting section except possibly briefly on the front page. For instance, the majority of unusual suggestions only receive 100-200 votes before being accepted or declined. Also, all suggestions accepted on backpack.tf still hold to the standards for accuracy as set in place by the moderating staff. The troll/useless suggestions and comments are ultimately a negligible aspect of backpack.tf and have obviously not deterred from its public image and growth over time since they have existed since the beginning. Your personal view of their increase is simple to explain, a larger user base means a larger amount of people who are naturally going to tend to attempt to "troll" or annoy others. The same applies to all other community user bases, Î»ngelღмander. The fact users continually return to the site, even the ones who swear never to return after being temporarily banned, is a reassuring sign the site is fine.

I would relate this thread to those concern with key prices being a signal towards the end of the economy which I'm sure a vast majority here have realized or already knew is not the actual case.

They just need a giant warning splash screen that comes up when you try to submit any sort of suggestion that says "Warning, if you don't include evidence to back up your suggestion I will fucking ban you" with a picture of gaben with red eyes or somethin then if anyone tries to submit anything that doesn't have any sort of linked text in it, it says "sorry you have no evidence" and won't let them submit. 

I've seen some absolutely terrible suggestions be accepted because the price they suggested was right, and the mod posted supporting proof in the comments. It's a little bit annoying to lose voting accuracy because you down-voted a clearly inadequate suggestion when it was posted. Notable examples include:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/540dd09eb88d88c46e8b4658

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/549dcc53b98d88b63c8b4c38

There's this one too

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54d0ac6aba8d88f8668b4841

English not too great.

Dios mío, este sugerenica si que me enputo. Magenta estuvo correcto y más era culpa de FBI ser un hijo de puta por poner su B/O para 7.7 mientras que no queira 7.7. Que joda.

Archived