Craptop freezes constantly every 30-50 minutes

pixλr900

Right, I've had this problem for a while now.

Say,for example, i'm playing tf2, i'm havin' a good time, and all that.

When suddenly, my craptop freezes.

I can't do anything whatsoever, left click, right click, mouse wheel, ctrl+alt+delete, Alt+tab, nothing.

I've read up countless tips about preventing a computer/laptop from freezing, and one of the tips was to have a virus scan.

Luckily, it doesn't seem to freeze when i'm doing a malwarebytes scan.

But the problem with this is that when the scan finishes, I'm given no notification that it's done, and then it'll freeze again.

But then if i put it in windowed mode, i keep clicking outside the window and the game becomes unplayable to me.

I first recieved this last month, while i was watching a twitch stream.

halp pls

Specs:

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Ram: 4 gigs

Well, it may be related to You HDD breaking, being old etc. or maybe some program in the background. These two are my first thoughts (I know, logical nonsense).

Ctrl+Shift+Esc to see the highest memory processes.

Delete programs that you no longer use. Crapware is your biggest enemy.

Get a laptop technician to clean the interior of the laptop (removing dust, lint, etc).

Delete large files on your hard drive that you no longer use. Consider storing large videos, pictures, music on an external HDD.

Defragment your HDD (ONLY FOR MECHANICAL HDDs, not SSDs)

Check your HDD for errors.

Once all of that is done and you still experience errors, it may be certain software that hogs computer resources/hardware, causing the computer to end up in an unresponsive state.

You should also know that TF2 is extremely poor at optimising memory on the computer.

Check what programs you have installed. Uninstall ones that you don't need. Get CCleaner, and use it. Defragment if you don't have an SSD (which you probably don't, considering your other specs). Delete everything in your temp folder. (CCleaner might have done that)

Archived