American Sniper a hero?

Mike Hawk

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is he a hero?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda sorta (explain)

So obviously there was some controversy about this subject. People were angry that Chris Kyle was idolized as a hero for killing upwards of 150 people. 

Although Killing definitely isn't something I would call heroic from a moral standpoint, if he didn't kill those people then most likely those 150 people would have killed 5x as many. 

My vote is gonna be yes. Is he a hero for killing a bunch of people? Not really. Is he a hero for stopping those people from killing many others? Definite yes. 

It's the same concept as other war heroes. They stop people from ending innocent lives, and they stand up for what's right against all odds. He risked his life to save countless others, 10/10 guy.

I thought captain america used shields and not sniper rifles?

That's fictitious.

Yes, he was a hero, he defended our freedom and the lives of those in the countries that he served. This topic sure has created some almost flame wars on Twitter though.

He was a hero, he saved hundreds of lives, and it's not like he was killing without reason, mindlessly, he fought for a cause, freedom, one that even I, as a Canadian without your bald eagles and freedom boners, can understand.

This topic sure has created some almost flame wars on Twitter though.

Let's be honest here, a woman slipping on a banana peel would start a flame war on Twitter.

"THE PATRIARCHY PLANTED THAT BANANA PEEL IN ORDER TO OPPRESS WOMEN"

Most people who raise their hands going "he killed ppl!!!... Etc" these are the words of someone who has never dirtied their hands and need to realise that they were given their peaceful lives from the many who have gone to war, to have soiled their hands and continue soiling their hands so you dont have to and can live a peaceful life

Hero right there

Let's be honest here, a woman slipping on a banana peel would start a flame war on Twitter.

The amount of "#AmericanSniper gives me even more reasons to hate sandniggers" is pretty gross actually

True

He is a "hero" for defending his home country and his allies. However, i think most of us are thinking in the "american" sense.

Idk, i just dont think he is my definition of hero. In general, i suppose so. But not to me exactly. It isnt like there arent another 100,000 soldier who do it too. I mean theyre all heroes.

I'm conflicted. He did protect his squad members from of harm but..... he was also a homicidal maniac.He claimed that he killed looters after Hurricane Katrina hit. And in his book he tells the reader how he enjoyed killing.

I'm also tired of hearing this protecting his country crap. The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars had nothing to do with national defense.We invaded the countries for oil.

Most every war after World War 2 = Pointless

“Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill millions and you are a conqueror. Kill all and you are a God.â€

- Jean Rostand

this pretty much

a hero is represented by his intentions, not his actions. Yes, he was a hero.

He is a "hero" for defending his home country and his allies. However, i think most of us are thinking in the "american" sense.

Idk, i just dont think he is my definition of hero. In general, i suppose so. But not to me exactly. It isnt like there arent another 100,000 soldier who do it too. I mean theyre all heroes.

Most people who raise their hands going "he killed ppl!!!... Etc" these are the words of someone who has never dirtied their hands and need to realise that they were given their peaceful lives from the many who have gone to war, to have soiled their hands and continue soiling their hands so you dont have to and can live a peaceful life

Hero right there

I mean if it's to save more lives than to end, of course...

He was a hero, he saved hundreds of lives, and it's not like he was killing without reason, mindlessly, he fought for a cause, freedom, one that even I, as a Canadian without your bald eagles and freedom boners, can understand.

That's fictitious.

Yes, he was a hero, he defended our freedom and the lives of those in the countries that he served. This topic sure has created some almost flame wars on Twitter though.

>This is what americans actually believe

• 2 weeks later...

Do people think he killed people for fun? No, there was obviously a reason. Of course he is a hero.

Do people think he killed people for fun? No, there was obviously a reason. Of course he is a hero.

So I assume you think Osama Bin Laden is a hero too, right? And Anders Breivik?

Archived