Why Backpack Value Limits?

Keroro1454

Hello Everyone.

I've recently got into suggesting prices for items (Thanks to all the friendly advice I received) for unusuals, but I've recently run into the problem for some suggestions I'm unable to make the suggestion because my "backpack value is too low". I'm not sure the reasoning behind the implementation of this restriction, and was wondering if someone could explain. From what I've seen, it doesn't stop high-value troll suggestions ( http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54cdb53ab88d8830398b4816 )

Thanks, and have a good night!

there are already lots of shit key suggestion

not just you is the only one who has problems with it,but Jacobmeister have problems with it too

So people can't just make a bunch of accounts to spam the suggestions.  So that it's more likely that people who do make suggestions actually have enough experience in the market to know what they're talking about.

there are already lots of shit key suggestion

not just you is the only one who has problems with it,but Jacobmeister have problems with it too

I AM NOTICED.

But yes, the purpose is to stop people making troll suggestions on the more fabled items, like the Burning TC. Arguably, it's not needed, but eehhh... that's the purpose.

Okay, thanks for the help. I'd personally rather it not be there, but what can you do. Again, thanks for the assistance!

(JacobMeister, I feel your pain)

Okay, thanks for the help. I'd personally rather it not be there, but what can you do. Again, thanks for the assistance!

(JacobMeister, I feel your pain)

you can raise your limit by increasing your modifier by gaining rep(suggesting and voting)

I always thought it was because people shouldn't be pricing / voting on items that they can nowhere near afford, or have any experience trading with. They made it so the rep system increases voting power to somewhat mitigate that effect for people who have experience on the site (I can vote on anything up to 175 buds despite only having a 35 bud backpack), but still making it so that there is a limit, even for experienced suggestors.

As far as it stopping people from making alt accounts to spam suggestions, that's not really accurate, my alt account has a voting power of about 25 buds since it is based on your maximum value historically and I put a bunch of unusuals on it at one point.

Archived