Help with PCSX2

cleverpun

Alright, I downloaded PCSX2 and got a BIOS file off the internet (I'm not going to hack either of my PS2s and burn a CD just to get one file).

Whenever I try to run a .elf file it gives me a bunch of errors about "buggy drivers" and similar.

I downloaded ISO files for Tales of the Abyss, but how do I extract all the .rar files together and turn them into an actual .iso file? It's in 3 different archives with a bunch of sub-archives and no readme.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Alright, I downloaded PCSX2 and got a BIOS file off the internet (I'm not going to hack either of my PS2s and burn a CD just to get one file).

Whenever I try to run a .elf file it gives me a bunch of errors about "buggy drivers" and similar.

I downloaded ISO files for Tales of the Abyss, but how do I extract all the .rar files together and turn them into an actual .iso file? It's in 3 different archives with a bunch of sub-archives and no readme.

Thanks in advance for any advice

If you have WinRAR (I'd assume 7zip works the same) then you extract all the archives for it into one location.

What .elf are you trying to run...

If you have WinRAR (I'd assume 7zip works the same) then you extract all the archives for it into one location.

What .elf are you trying to run...

I think I extracted the iso correctly--I extracted the first part then it automatically did the others, then I chose the lowest number ISO file and extracted that

I was trying to run starsim.elf -- an open source game for testing purposes. I'm not really interested in playing it, just wanted to see if something was wrong.

Now when I try to load et-tota.iso it gives me this error;

File could not be created.Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\bios\SCPH-77001_USA_Con_0220_20060210_v15_[026F6FE2].nvm

(pxActionEvent) (thread:EE Core)

I think I extracted the iso correctly--I extracted the first part then it automatically did the others, then I chose the lowest number ISO file and extracted that

I was trying to run starsim.elf -- an open source game for testing purposes. I'm not really interested in playing it, just wanted to see if something was wrong.

Now when I try to load et-tota.iso it gives me this error;

Did it fully download? Maybe you'll have to try it again. Is it available on CoolROM, that may be the best place...

As for the ELF, I have no idea. Try going onto the PCSX2 forum.

Did it fully download? Maybe you'll have to try it again. Is it available on CoolROM, that may be the best place...

As for the ELF, I have no idea. Try going onto the PCSX2 forum.

I got the rar off theisozone and while the first download failed, the second time Firefox listed no errors. I don't think it's the iso since it's listing a BIOS error

Like I said, I dont really want to play the .elf file, I'm more interested in getting the ISO running

I got the rar off theisozone and while the first download failed, the second time Firefox listed no errors.

Hmm... re-extract it then see. Have you updated your drivers, and if so, what GPU and CPU??

Hmm... re-extract it then see. Have you updated your drivers, and if so, what GPU and CPU??

Kay, I reextracted it and tried using a slightly older BIOS file; exact same error.

I have a Radeon R9 280x and an Intel i5-4690k -- Windows claims both of their drivers are up to date. For the GS plugin I'm using GSdx 0 SSE2, and for the other plugins I'm using the defaults.

Kay, I reextracted it and tried using a slightly older BIOS file; exact same error.

I have a Radeon R9 280x and an Intel i5-4690k -- Windows claims both of their drivers are up to date. For the GS plugin I'm using GSdx 0 SSE2, and for the other plugins I'm using the defaults.

Try something else for the GS plugin. 

I always just burned my own copies of games using an ISO image program and it works perfectly fine. Maybe try not unpacking it?

Archived