Laudes

Soooo, yes this is another "HEY YOU LOOK AT ME!" thread, and hopefully someone will find it interesting enough.

I have a youtube channel, started it a week ago.

I will (and am doing) weekly videos of what bundles are currently running, with a "on the surface" look at all of them to not make it THAT long, this weeks video was over 15min long even if I didn't go so much in depth into all the games.

I also plan on doing reviews of various Point And Click games that most people probably haven't heard of, aswell as reviews on Visual Novels. These are of course all indie games, and titles that most people haven't heard of before (resulting in few, or no videos at all of that game before my upload)

Eh, anyone interested in subscribing to me? Bääh Begging for subs, yes indeed. Thanks beforehand to anyone subscribing/watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Laaudes

https://twitter.com/Laudes_

a tip i have for your channel. lose the accent, i can tell where you come from. try to atleast.

and try to dont overuse "emmm..." write a script before doing a video since you obviously want to become the next youtube fenomenon

a tip i have for your channel. lose the accent, i can tell where you come from. try to atleast.

and try to dont overuse "emmm..." write a script before doing a video since you obviously want to become the next youtube fenomenon

Where do I come from? And why is it bad that you can hear that?

I did write a script first, but seriously, writing a script for so long videos every week - I realised that would take way too much time, and I wouldn't have enough time to write it when school begins. And how can you tell that I want to become the next youtube fenomenon? :o

I never inteded to become "huge" on youtube.

EDIT: I seriously cannot understand how you can "tell by my accent" where I come from, if you can hear that in just that video, without having to look on my steam profile or anything, then you're the first one to guess. To be honest most people guess on UK.

Where do I come from? And why is it bad that you can hear that?

I did write a script first, but seriously, writing a script for so long videos every week - I realised that would take way too much time, and I wouldn't have enough time to write it when school begins. And how can you tell that I want to become the next youtube fenomenon? :o

I never inteded to become "huge" on youtube.

scandinavia. probably sweden. and idk, something ive learned over the year, much like how news anchors are chosen. its based on how clean of a voice they have. i for one cant stand accents when listening to something thats either to help me or educate me.

scripts dont have to be whole sentences, it can be much like a speech in school. some words to help you remember. and "look at me" threads usually are that thought, they might not admit it, but they want to become it. there are different stages. some spam  onevery successful channel there is, some do like you. some dont do anything. but you probably have a goal of subscribers or amount of views to reach

scandinavia. probably sweden. and idk, something ive learned over the year, much like how news anchors are chosen. its based on how clean of a voice they have. i for one cant stand accents when listening to something thats either to help me or educate me.

scripts dont have to be whole sentences, it can be much like a speech in school. some words to help you remember. and "look at me" threads usually are that thought, they might not admit it, but they want to become it. there are different stages. some spam  onevery successful channel there is, some do like you. some dont do anything. but you probably have a goal of subscribers or amount of views to reach

I don't have spefic goals, but I would feel like a extreme failure if I uploaded video after video without gaining anything on the views or subscribers, it would be like making videos for myself. 

I like accents personally, and I try to maintain my own as much as possible, and sound as british as possible when I "try" (during videos like this it can shift, i guess. If I intended to sound very british I probably could, but I have no wish to try hard when doing videos like this)

Anyways, if it matters, at english class I would usually hear that I sounded british, and online aswell. Sometimes people would say "You sound british, but not quite britsh anyway, but almost."

Thanks for your tips.

I don't have spefic goals, but I would feel like a extreme failure if I uploaded video after video without gaining anything on the views or subscribers, it would be like making videos for myself. 

I like accents personally, and I try to maintain my own as much as possible, and sound as british as possible when I "try" (during videos like this it can shift, i guess. If I intended to sound very british I probably could, but I have no wish to try hard when doing videos like this)

Anyways, if it matters, at english class I would usually hear that I sounded british, and online aswell. Sometimes people would say "You sound british, but not quite britsh anyway, but almost."

Thanks for your tips.

then you obviously have goals. i could link you my channel, but i really dont care for people liking of viewing it. i put up videos because i want to, i like to do that. so i dont have goals. i keep videos as a memory.

and if you want to keep the accent, lose the emmm. a person that overuses that part of wording in a sentence, can be extremely annoying over the long term viewing. for example, you create a minecraft tutorial on how to open a door. and another one do it, the one with the most flow/funniest/fastest will get the most views. why? people are lazy as fuck and love to complain. the shorter time you can fit a point into the video, the better

then you obviously have goals. i could link you my channel, but i really dont care for people liking of viewing it. i put up videos because i want to, i like to do that. so i dont have goals. i keep videos as a memory.

and if you want to keep the accent, lose the emmm. a person that overuses that part of wording in a sentence, can be extremely annoying over the long term viewing. for example, you create a minecraft tutorial on how to open a door. and another one do it, the one with the most flow/funniest/fastest will get the most views. why? people are lazy as fuck and love to complain. the shorter time you can fit a point into the video, the better

You're definately right on everything. I advertised it on other forums, and people thought i had goals of becoming the next PewDiePie, and said I would fail to oblivion. I have a goal, and the goal is to actually have someone view my videos, I don't care if I have 10 or 100 subs, or of course I'd be happy to have 100, but I mean, I spend a lot of time into this. And I'll make a script to next time, I did one this time, with full sentances, but it did not go so well, and I scrapped the entire idea and just made a spontanious video (that one) because I had to get it up today, didn't want to spend more time doing it tomorrow (aswell as I have a schedule, to upload a video like that every thursday).

EDIT: Once again, thanks for your tips, I will do my best to improve based on peoples opinions. 

You're definately right on everything. I advertised it on other forums, and people thought i had goals of becoming the next PewDiePie, and said I would fail to oblivion. I have a goal, and the goal is to actually have someone view my videos, I don't care if I have 10 or 100 subs, or of course I'd be happy to have 100, but I mean, I spend a lot of time into this. And I'll make a script to next time, I did one this time, with full sentances, but it did not go so well, and I scrapped the entire idea and just made a spontanious video (that one) because I had to get it up today, didn't want to spend more time doing it tomorrow (aswell as I have a schedule, to upload a video like that every thursday).

EDIT: Once again, thanks for your tips, I will do my best to improve based on peoples opinions. 

another tip i can give you, you need to have something for people to want coming back to. like leaving it on a cliffhanger or something like that. i saw that indie game thing, and thats something you can use as a filler for the real videos. and having a main focus on the channel helps. take for example most minecraft channels. all their minecraft videos gets 10k views, and when they do other videos of other games, the views plummet to like 1k per video.

people stay for one reason usually. find that reason and whore it.

another tip i can give you, you need to have something for people to want coming back to. like leaving it on a cliffhanger or something like that. i saw that indie game thing, and thats something you can use as a filler for the real videos. and having a main focus on the channel helps. take for example most minecraft channels. all their minecraft videos gets 10k views, and when they do other videos of other games, the views plummet to like 1k per video.

people stay for one reason usually. find that reason and whore it.

Must say you are a bit diffuse by that, I thought i had a main thing to do, or well, two main things to do.

Bundle thing every week - Visual Novels - (point and click - few of those if any, I like VN's more)

What do you mean? I totally get that I can't just run out doing indie things and then just out of the blue I post a bioshock infinite video or something, that would be madness.

Must say you are a bit diffuse by that, I thought i had a main thing to do, or well, two main things to do.

Bundle thing every week - Visual Novels - (point and click - few of those if any, I like VN's more)

What do you mean? I totally get that I can't just run out doing indie things and then just out of the blue I post a bioshock infinite video or something, that would be madness.

i havent watched your videos just saw one. so didnt read up on it. gave general tips id give anyone.

ill just show my point in existing videomakers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VintageBeef/videos his main focus is minecraft. gets 150k views on the main series. on any other video, he gets about 20-30k views.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuudeBoulderfist/videos his main focus is minecraft. gets about 80k per video in his main series. on any other video he gets about 10-20k views.

try to stick to one thing at the start. gain a base, then try something else, but have the main thing still running. if people dont like the new thing, stop it. people usually hate change and want to avoid it. OR you can start with a wide variety of stuff like pewdiepie or nova.

idk if i have any more tips i can give you

Ignore the accent advice. It's stupid to hide your accent, and it makes you more interesting.

Some of the biggest Youtubers have heavy accents (Pewdiepie, several members of the Yogscast), sounding like a news reporter won't help you, as you'll sound like 90% of the rest of Youtube who try (and fail) to put on an accent. You will get subs because of who you are, not what you're trying to be. And your accent is fine, an interesting voice always helps.

And I thought the youtube channel was going to be about tf2. Accent can matter if it makes u hard to understand. Anything that's gets in the way if u expressing ur messege should be dealt with and do script it and rehearse what u will be doing along with what u will be saying.

And I thought the youtube channel was going to be about tf2. Accent can matter if it makes u hard to understand. Anything that's gets in the way if u expressing ur messege should be dealt with and do script it and rehearse what u will be doing along with what u will be saying.

Yeah, definately. I don't know why anyone would have a problem understanding my accent, whcih is as I said before some kind of mixture between "regular" english and "british english". Not quite british, heh.

and yes indeed I need to get a script, I will do that next week. I see it like this, I do a mistake one week, I can do better next week, instead of redoing it. This way I can look back at my old videos when I have shitloads of them, and see how much I have improved over time. Thanks for your tips.

Archived