How much FPS do you get in TF2?

BOOM!

FPS?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many FPS do you hit in TF2?

Just kind of curious, I never really knew until Steam added the FPS counter a few weeks ago.

I get ___ fps
I have the ___ graphics card

Ill go first!

I get 240-300 fps(depends if I am running a minecraft server in the background!)

I have the gtx 660.

Anywhere between 4-102 FPS.

My laptop's APU is the AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD 8400 graphics.

Just saying, TF2 is cpu bound, not gpu bound. So your cpu would actually be better :P

2true

I don't even think The Orange Box's and TF2's version of the Source engine support 3 core processors. My crappy APU can play it decently without ANY CPU strain.

2true

I don't even think The Orange Box's and TF2's version of the Source engine support 3 core processors. My crappy APU can play it decently without ANY CPU strain.

Yeah, TF2/CSGO are incredibly easy to run. 

TF2 uses up to two cores I believe, but still puts most of the stress on core 0. 

As for the FPS, it really depends what settings you run on. Without AA I get over 300 FPS. 

if your refresh rate is 60, you should try to set the cap to 121.

always double your refresh rate, plus 1. it's got something to do with only rendering every other frame but it makes the game that much smoother, something something I forget because it was 6 months ago that I found this out.

120hz monitor should be 241, 59hz is 119.

It changes every once in a while sometimes 100 FPS then 30-60 then back to 100....

Also a piece of charcoal for a Graphics card because my computer caught on fire one time...

Yeah, TF2/CSGO are incredibly easy to run. 

TF2 uses up to two cores I believe, but still puts most of the stress on core 0. 

As for the FPS, it really depends what settings you run on. Without AA I get over 300 FPS. 

I've ran it with AA at 720p with max textures and high models and high shaders and still managed a repsectable ~30fps

Archived