friends-only backpack to hide it from phishers

gumaak

Hello guys,

recently I have many phishing attacks on my steam account and I think it is caused by necessity to have public backpack (if i wanna use these services comfortly). Thx to this, the phishers can makes list of their "victims", so they will have large profit. Is there a possibility to have a backpack.tf bot wich will be friend of the bp.tf user so that the user can have friend-only backpack? And backpack will be hidden accordingly?

Thx

gumaak

They don't judge on your bp value.

I got loads of phisher adds when I had a 5$ backpack. That wouldn't be worth the time of the phisher

ad Itsy Bitsy: taught what? How to prevent to be added as friend? Im not talking about any loose or successfull attack.

ad TheMCBros99: thx, good idea, but it will not solve the problem.

ad puddingkip: thats the answer, if they are not concentrated on people with "rich" and public backpack, my suggestion has no point

I get atleast 25 a day, you learn to just deny any below lvl 1-3. If you make it private, outpost will ban you and expect you to be able to handle clicking deny or ignore all

Thank you TheMCBros99, that is good answer for someone who is afraid of it. My question/suggestion do not go in this direction...

Im simply talking for everyone who dont want to have public backpack. If it is not possible due to functionality, I will get it and I can hold it. Currently I think the way I suggested here can work well.

Bots are just picking up your profile from somewhere. Do you use Steam Market often by any chance? Phishers have started patrolling SCM. At least that's what I've heard.

Hell, getting a phisher for me happens once a week at most.

I feel lucky.

Once a month for me, although I basically no longer trade.

Hello guys,

recently I have many phishing attacks on my steam account and I think it is caused by necessity to have public backpack (if i wanna use these services comfortly). Thx to this, the phishers can makes list of their "victims", so they will have large profit. Is there a possibility to have a backpack.tf bot wich will be friend of the bp.tf user so that the user can have friend-only backpack? And backpack will be hidden accordingly?

Thx

gumaak

I see the idea in hand, could work.

Archived