Purposely ignored bud suggestion

PonyFag Bingle wag

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54ae49dfb88d88f7378b6803

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54c0107fb98d88d9468b462c

So, you delay a suggestion for a week then close it once it stops selling at that risen price.

1st suggestion had more proof than the 2nd one and you just ignore it even though this one was max vote, the only reason why it got 1.6k downvotes was because you couldn't upvote anymore lmfao. The percentages don't matter much, but just look at the difference in proof. You waited until more and more people sold their buds at 14-15 (older price), so that you could rack up the small amount of counter proof you had (talking to mods).

Summary: ignore price going up, jump onto prices going down with less proof, crash economy, wait till buds are low, buy in, accept shitty rising suggestions, sellout on first hype.

Not long after the 15-16 suggestion went up, buds stopped selling at 16. The classifieds were full of buds at 15 keys. That's why the suggestion at 15-16 wasn't accepted for several days; it wasn't accurate. Polar says this in the 15 suggestion that was accepted instead.

Similarly, buds have been sold all over the place for 14 keys or less recently. Several pages in classifieds at below 14 keys, let alone at 14 keys. The drop was definitely needed and very obvious.

But I have a feeling facts won't matter in this discussion.

Within like 24 hours of the 16 buds being sold, it crashed.

I kept looking at the classifies and saw the suggestion was no longer true, and due to the fact no one wanted to suggest a proper range, I posted the suggestion!

Summary: Person with "fag" in his name lacks fundamental understanding of the way things work; jumps on conspiracy bandwagon.

Google "truther" I suspect you will end up dedicating your life to it, OP.

Not long after the 15-16 suggestion went up, buds stopped selling at 16. The classifieds were full of buds at 15 keys. That's why the suggestion at 15-16 wasn't accepted for several days; it wasn't accurate. Polar says this in the 15 suggestion that was accepted instead.

Similarly, buds have been sold all over the place for 14 keys or less recently. Several pages in classifieds at below 14 keys, let alone at 14 keys. The drop was definitely needed and very obvious.

But I have a feeling facts won't matter in this discussion.

This is how you have a proper argument.

Summary: Person with "fag" in his name lacks fundamental understanding of the way things work; jumps on conspiracy bandwagon.

This is how you start a flame war.

I am not contributing to this thread in any way whatsoever...

There is a difference between reflecting the economy and pricing it based off spikes...etc normally a currency suggestion is left for a few days to see if the price did go up soon after reaching 16keys it quickly dropped down hence why the suggestion was left up longer than usual to verify the common sale point.

If there was 0 lag in pricing on backpack.tf you will get the chaotic price jumps and drops like in cs:go because we would be leading the economy rather than try to reflect it.

The 15-16 suggestion was very inaccurate. 16 was barely happening. At that time, I had much more success buying buds for 14 then selling them for 16 and I sell quite a lot of buds every month.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54ae49dfb88d88f7378b6803

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54c0107fb98d88d9468b462c

So, you delay a suggestion for a week then close it once it stops selling at that risen price.

1st suggestion had more proof than the 2nd one and you just ignore it even though this one was max vote, the only reason why it got 1.6k downvotes was because you couldn't upvote anymore lmfao. The percentages don't matter much, but just look at the difference in proof. You waited until more and more people sold their buds at 14-15 (older price), so that you could rack up the small amount of counter proof you had (talking to mods).

Summary: ignore price going up, jump onto prices going down with less proof, crash economy, wait till buds are low, buy in, accept shitty rising suggestions, sellout on first hype.

First of all, backpack.tf prices are a reflection of an item's sellability at the suggested price. At the time the suggestion of 15-16 keys was up, there was a significant number of 15 keys sellers and the 15 keys sale were becoming a lot slower and seemed to be stabilizing at 15 keys flat. We were not convinced that 16 keys should be in the range then and decided to leave it up to determine the trend. During the wait, it stabilized at 15 keys and so the suggestion of 15 keys flat was accepted. http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54b489deb98d88d9018b4623

One thing that you should be made aware of is that eventhough there may be more proof or more upvotes in the 15-16 keys suggestion than the 14 keys suggestion, it doesn't mean that we will accept the suggestion if it is not an accurate representation of the market. As it is at the moment, it is quite evident that the drop is desperately needed and so it was accepted quickly to prevent backpack.tf users to be taken advantage of (Those that follows the prices blindly)

So going back to your statement. No we did not ignore the price suggestion going up. It was just that we were not convinced with the range. 

The 15-16 suggestion was very inaccurate. 16 was barely happening. At that time, I had much more success buying buds for 14 then selling them for 16 and I sell quite a lot of buds every month.

Exactly. I had left that suggestion up intentionally for several days waiting for either (1) a counter suggestion at 15 keys to accept - which I did or (2) for buds to continue trending up until 16 keys was a common trade point so I could actually accept the one at 15-16. (1) happened first and 16 keys never really became a common trade point.

Have no idea what the op is talking about. The 15 key suggestion that was accepted happened AFTER the 15-16 key suggestion and was a suggestion INCREASING the buds value.

Exactly. I had left that suggestion up intentionally for several days waiting for either (1) a counter suggestion at 15 keys to accept - which I did or (2) for buds to continue trending up until 16 keys was a common trade point so I could actually accept the one at 15-16. (1) happened first and 16 keys never really became a common trade point.

Have no idea what the op is talking about. The 15 key suggestion that was accepted happened AFTER the 15-16 key suggestion and was a suggestion INCREASING the buds value.

Sorry, was asleep after I started the thread. At that time, there were tons of buds selling for 16 keys and on and on for at least 3-4 days solid. There was an even mixture of 15-16 which I'll have to say, I've been contributing to the bud suggestion for a while as I hate trading with keys, sometimes I say stupid shit that gets me warned on those suggestions, but I'm mostly talking about the fact that I check bud prices everyday (probably not everyday anymore since I'm cashed out) and I see the amount of work and accuracy of suggestions. I feel like nowadays people are just undercutting then logging off and people are using that low sale as proof even though technically they're not selling, but I feel like it doesn't matter if people are offline or not selling, people will treat it as accurate proof and undercut/use it for suggestions. When you see sales of buds increasing, you see more accurate proof, and more of it. I know for a fact that on that first day, 16 was a common trade point, not just in the range value, yet still there was nothing, absolutely no comment/review from mods, people lost hope, hype died, rip. I felt like you guys ignored the suggestion as a whole to stop the hype, I hate it when people criticize me like this but it was blatantly obvious what you guys did there.

I was just listing out key facts so some things may not make much sense.

Edit: just read your comment more and seeing that you said the 15 key suggestion is increasing the value, well not so much, just getting rid of the range that shouldn't have been there in the first place. It was increasing in value in the hype when you were ignoring it.

Then you look at the suggestions where buds are getting lowered and they're accepted in a split second, probably little review of the actual proof because you know what you did to the economy.

I respekt al poneis n pegasystirs :)

Within like 24 hours of the 16 buds being sold, it crashed.

I kept looking at the classifies and saw the suggestion was no longer true, and due to the fact no one wanted to suggest a proper range, I posted the suggestion!

Still was ignored, unlike the one at 14 keys that just passed less than a day old.

Of course no one is going to make another suggestion if we're waiting on what mods are going to say, waiting...waiting.gif

At that time, there were tons of buds selling for 16 keys

My point is that I just didn't think this was true. The evidence provided in that suggestion did not adequately show that, in my opinion.

"Then you look at the suggestions where buds are getting lowered and they're accepted in a split second"

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54a8aa5cb88d88b3748b4a3d- this suggestion was accepted in less than 12 hours.

Buds suggestions get accepted quickly when it is clear our prices are way out of date due to some dramatic change. This applies when they are going up or down. Whether this should be done or not is a different issue and something mods debate amongst themselves. But to say that we are preferentially doing this when buds are going down due to some sort of attempted manipulation is ridiculous. I have 100 buds in my backpack and have had them since November.. Why the hell would I support buds going down?

My point is that I just didn't think this was true. The evidence provided in that suggestion did not adequately show that, in my opinion.

"Then you look at the suggestions where buds are getting lowered and they're accepted in a split second"

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54a8aa5cb88d88b3748b4a3d- this suggestion was accepted in less than 12 hours.

Buds suggestions get accepted quickly when it is clear our prices are way out of date due to some dramatic change. This applies when they are going up or down. Whether this should be done or not is a different issue and something mods debate amongst themselves. But to say that we are preferentially doing this when buds are going down due to some sort of attempted manipulation is ridiculous. I have 100 buds in my backpack and have had them since November.. Why the hell would I support buds going down?

I don't care either seeing as though I'm done with TF2 trading, I'm just saying you could have handled this better. 

1) Post a comment asking for more proof if you really needed that

2) Post a comment asking for another suggestion

3) Post a comment, delete suggestion, wait for new suggestion, review again.

Ignoring the suggestion as a whole for more than a day was a bad decision, just look at the comments on the suggestion of people just asking for a mod review.

Thanks

Archived