2 years, 2 many trade :P

Tobiased

2 years ago, i was just a lonely little guy with no purpose

my life changed no it didn't when i joined Steam

All I've gained was patience, and an "ok" Backpack.

To prove it's not a lie http://steamcommunity.com/id/AbsenceofLight/badges/1

ZUnWBKl.png

Anyways, to give this topic a purpose...

Tell me how you got where you are today (like who helped you get started, first method of profit, F2P days etc.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My buddy M. Veteran, got me going with trading. With a "Fancy Fedora" kickstarter.

I started out quickbuying on trade servers, and on outpost

so far it's just me and him among our friends who do "committed" trading

First Mann. Co purchase was the Douche Deus Specs.

Current trade count: 1,492

I played TF2 way back in in the early 2008 and got into it so much and when trading came out in 2011, I was wanting to be the greatest trader of them all "Kinda like ash wanting to be the best pokemon trainer or whatever" I just wanted to trade up to where I enjoyed having the items that I worked up for, but profiting and greediness went into my mind and cashed out at $1000

Posted · Hidden by polar, January 21, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, January 21, 2015 - No reason given

I'm gonna be that regular forum guy and post this

Made 12.5k trades in ~2.5years.

never happy

never proud

need more trades

need more suggestions

need more steam games

need 2 look cool.

I went straight from Minecraft to TF2, I was no good at it and started trading for items I thought were good. When I came back to trading 7 months ago, I had a Carbonado Botkiller Minigun and a few craft hats. I then bought 2 keys and have traded up from there

I enjoy playing dis videogame, and having nice hats to wear while doing so. I trade mainly because it's the best way to get semi-decent hats without putting in absurd amounts of money (some people definitions of absurd vary though, I've probably put $350 directly into tf2 over the years, which some people would consider pretty absurd) into the game.

I've been playing since 2011 and currently have a 5.whatever Backpack.

Needless to say making profit and getting somewhere higher didn't happen but I prefer playing over trading.

First thing I ever bought was the Sticky Jumper.

lmao

I remember when I first started trading me and my friend tried to scam a salvaged #40 because we followed spreadsheet and it was like 8 keys which was god tier at the time. He ended up taking it and wouldn't split the profit so I tried to brute force his account. Fokin quality.  

Former GF got me into steam and lead me straight to TF2 2 years and a half ago. She had a few hats, and I started spending money in Mann co. (I cringe at this looking back for many reasons) to surprise her with gifts. This (eventually) lead me into trading, and after doing some bad trading, I did studing and found spreadsheet and Backpack.tf. After studing the market, I saw that most people followed backpack but some followed spreadsheet and started flipping items worth a few keys back and forth between spreadsheet and backpack. Made enough to get a strange gunslinger when it was about 36 keys and have been commited to trading ever since.

I enjoy the game a ton, but trading makes the game always interesting.

I was pretty basic for 2 months after I joined in October 2012 but I got 250$ from my grandparents so I spent it all on steam (lel) but i am a skrib and didn't know shit about trading so I blew most of it to sharks m stuff but 4 months after that I got a few keys and inboxes and managed to get a Unusual Blizzardy Storm Tippler's Tricorne (rip its in an idle acc) and from their I learned trading and stuff. Nothing huge really happened since then but I got a Horace and a Robo sandvich box which I sold for a decent price and unboxed;_; only to waste it yo get .33 stranges. First thing I bought was a Huntsman for premium

Played TF2 in 2012. Stopped playing until June 2014. Bought a Gift-A-Pult and have traded ever since. Also have bought ~50 dollars worth of keys and unboxed throughout my play. 3,981 trades thus far. Joined on October 20th, 2011.

Biggest events in my trading life happened quite recently. Obtained an australium wrench and unboxed my first unu ;3.

Archived