Most overrated items, in your opinion?

BQE

My votes would go to Team Captain and Essential Accessories.  Especially unusual TCs.  TC is bland enough as it is and it's only for three classes.  Somehow it gets god-tier status and even the shittiest of effects cost a fortune.  

And Essential Accessories, you can barely see them.  6 keys for that, hell no. 

The first Strange Festives (2011?)

Genuinely surprised they have gone this long without crashing below 10 keys

TC (because who wants to look like a flipping pilot)

El Jeffe (I find it kinda ugly because of the hair at the back.)

Aside from the obvious ones, (TC, Bill's, other promos), my vote would have to go to the Doublecross-Comm. At 3-3.55 keys, it's the most valuable item you can get through crafting (aside from low-craft numbers). Why the heck it isn't anything less than that, I have no idea. I mean, it makes the Sniper look like he has an extremely long beard/bandanna (which the Villain's Veil does in a much prettier way) and an eyepatch. I mean, it's a good item, but it doesn't go well with his style, and it's a wonder that its pricing bubble has yet to pop.

Burning flames (the effect, there are much prettier ones), bills buds max's tc, any Halloween effect, dcc, any robo hat that isn't 1.33, strange festives, s mackerel, s caber, s original, noh, especially the burning one, diary, capacitor and many other things I forgot.

Genuine items by far 

Which is why they're dropping massively right now

I've got to agree that the essentials were overhyped, but they still look nice

Easily Earbuds

with some of the other items, they're valuable because there are very few of them. But there are a lot of buds in the economy! 

Big kill and max's head. I wonder what my (genuine) AWP would've been like if it was only obtainable through pre-ordering CS:GO.

Headcase. But i think that is expensive due to price manipulation. 

Tossle is over rated, so is the team captain. 

Besides the obvious ones like Bill's, Bud's, and Max's I'd have to say any/all of the following:

Vintages

Genuines

Essential Accessories

Buck Turners

Halloween spells

All-Father

Last Breath

Double-Cross

Also I'd say many strange parts. It's cool to track the stuff, but is that really worth so much?

On the opposite note, all of you hating on Team Captain are wrong. If you continue to do so, M. Bison will unleash a Psycho-Wave on you.

Besides the obvious ones like Bill's, Bud's, and Max's I'd have to say any/all of the following:

Vintages

Genuines

Essential Accessories

Buck Turners

Halloween spells

All-Father

Last Breath

Double-Cross

Also I'd say many strange parts. It's cool to track the stuff, but is that really worth so much?

On the opposite note, all of you hating on Team Captain are wrong. If you continue to do so, M. Bison will unleash a Psycho-Wave on you.

So basically everything expensive. K.

So basically everything expensive. K.

A diamond is expensive, is it worth it in your opinion?

And not everything expensive. I didn't mention unusuals/high tier stranges. I actually totally agree with those. Also, you know yourself that you don't consider half of what I listed to be expensive.

To elaborate with why I feel this is true:

Vintages-Blue border, nothing else.

Genuines-Green border, nothing else.

Essential Accessories- BARELY visible. 

Buck Turners-Same here. They do look really cool though. 

Halloween spells- Many are BARELY visible, and if they hadn't been limited would be totally worthless. Also, nobody sees the colour change ones, it's not like people are staring at you the whole game.

All-Father- Ugly.

Last Breath- Ugly. 

Double-Cross- Not a bad-looking one in my opinion, I just don't see the justification.

Also I'd say many strange parts. It's cool to track the stuff, but is that really worth so much?- I'm referring to only some of them. Headshot kills makes sense, but many of them that are worth +1 key are very limited and only maintain their value for now because they haven't been re-released yet. Heavies killed anyone?

Archived