So Hostile Here These Days

Julia Gillard the Honest

More like Woifi, Baloo, Alex, polar, Julia (gillard) roller, chigga, bucket etc. for me. 

In a thread about stopping hostility this isn't really the way to go about it. And Baloo is most certainly not an example of a hostile person. He can have his moments but he's a very loving person

Yeah, that was the time. Woifi commented on all my status updates when I was new, helping me out. Alex gave advice on SFM. Everyone was happy and it was a nice environment but now we have people arguing over who looks best in anime and if they have a better hat than yours.

Yeah, that was the time. Woifi commented on all my status updates when I was new, helping me out. Alex gave advice on SFM. Everyone was happy and it was a nice environment but now we have people arguing over who looks best in anime and if they have a better hat than yours.

Very true.

While I may be sorta new (Been here since may)

I don't know If I was in the good times with you guys, I didn't start Actively Posting till Sept or so, But I still stalked all the threads.

If I had to describe the state of the community today, it'd be more jaded than anything. People are just getting sick of being blamed for ruining the tf2 economy and other such things and will lash out when new people seemingly join just to waive their grand manifesto in the community's face. Unfortunately, what happens is the resulting arguments tend to take center stage and that's what most people wind up seeing.

Otherwise, when I see a newer person join and just start contributing to active topics (that aren't the type talked about above), they're treated pretty warmly,

If I had to describe the state of the community today, it'd be more jaded than anything. People are just getting sick of being blamed for ruining the tf2 economy and other such things and will lash out when new people seemingly join just to waive their grand manifesto in the community's face. Unfortunately, what happens is the resulting arguments tend to take center stage and that's what most people wind up seeing.

Otherwise, when I see a newer person join and just start contributing to active topics (that aren't the type talked about above), they're treated pretty warmly,

'omg sav ercanamee'

Pretty much this.

Actually it is because the forums have grown. The larger it gets the more likely there will be conflicts between people. Moreover, people need to have a means to take out frustration. Anonymity gives you that.

Actually it is because the forums have grown. The larger it gets the more likely there will be conflicts between people. Moreover, people need to have a means to take out frustration. Anonymity gives you that.

Whilst this is true you can't deny that we have more "shit posters" now than in the past. When I joined the forums most were helpful and understood the idea that just because you are knowledgeable not everyone is. Baloo, jymotion, polar, MCawesome, Alex, Andy...etc (just to name a few) understood this well

Now more time than not when a user who is genuinely asking for help may it be a stupid question or not you will see that the first 2-3 posts are either shit posters or user taunting the rookie being unable to differentiate the "bp.ft ruin economy troll" and those who are actually asking questions... Etc

Whilst this is true you can't deny that we have more "shit posters" now than in the past. When I joined the forums most were helpful and understood the idea that just because you are knowledgeable not everyone is. Baloo, jymotion, polar, MCawesome, Alex, Andy...etc (just to name a few) understood this well

Now more time than not when a user who is genuinely asking for help may it be a stupid question or not you will see that the first 2-3 posts are either shit posters or user taunting the rookie being unable to differentiate the "bp.ft ruin economy troll" and those who are actually asking questions... Etc

I'd hate to admit i am one of these people.

But i've been doing it less and less, which is something

Large amount of truthiness written by Derpeh

I know, I am just pointing out that is the natural evolution of a social entity's life cycle.

I miss Jymotion the most. He was unique. I honestly don't know if I have ever really been that helpful myself. Tbh, I don't think I have made much of a positive impact at all.

I miss the days when I was a little repwhore too, and the community was responsive. Now everyone's kinda like a broken executable.

I know, I am just pointing out that is the natural evolution of a social entity's life cycle.

I miss Jymotion the most. He was unique. I honestly don't know if I have ever really been that helpful myself. Tbh, I don't think I have made much of a positive impact at all.

He's still on steam (7 hrs ago). but you know he's probably busy being in carnegie mellon and all

Yea it's a pain, I was practically nobody when I started here then went on threads, made a few then of course once I reached 100 I recieved hate

But that's life it kinda made sense as it was kinda like initiation to be part of a group but now I doubt about this "group" or if I can even hold my sanity here

Archived