Where can I get my specific item trade offer links that automatically place my items in the trade?

Hipsta Jayzus

So far, I've just been right clicking my classifieds and copying the trade offer link, but not all of my items are in my classifieds. How can I get this link for a specific item? I'm not very web savvy...

Nevermind. The only way for this to happen is for Valve to implement it. Carry on!

This browser add-on will auto add an item when you click the "send a trade offer" button on backpack.tf for that item. Hope this is what you meant as I am not aware of any other way to automatically add items to a trade.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/17946-script-steam-trade-offer-enhancer/

No, I mean like when you go to the classifieds and click someone's trade offer link, it automatically brings up their item on their side of the trade. How would one quickly grab this specific url?

No, I mean like when you go to the classifieds and click someone's trade offer link, it automatically brings up their item on their side of the trade. How would one quickly grab this specific url?

The add-on does that. I don't think there are url's for specific items in trade offers, if there are I have never heard of it in over 3 years of trading.

The add-on does that. I don't think there are url's for specific items in trade offers, if there are I have never heard of it in over 3 years of trading.

Damnit I just found out that it's because I have this add on. I get it now. Sorry I thought that was a Steam feature, I downloaded that app and didn't realize it did this - I thought it was just for adding multiiple items :o closing this thread

Basically, if you notice the trade offer URLs provided by backpack.tf, they contain special parameter "for_item", e.g. "for_item=440_2_3245013053". This is something extra Brad Pitt added. He also made a short browser script which utilized this parameter. Later on I decided to add the support for this feature to my script as well. It's super easy to buy items this way. Especially if the other person uses bp.tf automatic.

Basically, if you notice the trade offer URLs provided by backpack.tf, they contain special parameter "for_item", e.g. "for_item=440_2_3245013053". This is something extra Brad Pitt added. He also made a short browser script which utilized this parameter. Later on I decided to add the support for this feature to my script as well. It's super easy to buy items this way. Especially if the other person uses bp.tf automatic.

It's a VERY cool script but I hadn't realize it was a script! I thought this was a feature of Steam's API or something :o now that I realize it's part of a script, I suppose the only way to get what I'm after here is to suggest that Valve implement this themselves :| Thanks for working on them! Would you mind if I added you ? I actually have a few other scripts I'm looking to hire someone for, but need to see how feasible they are first. Thanks 

Archived