What is your guys opinions on stocks?

Hawko

I have 1500$ literally doing nothing in my paypal.

I want to try "real" trading, that is stock market investing.

What is your opinions on my motive, have you guys ever tried investing in stocks, is there a better option to invest money in?

I thought this was going to be a thread on the TF2 stock weapons, and I was going to respond by saying that the fire axe is the worst stock weapon.

Stocks can be pretty risky. I honestly wouldn't ever, but I don't know about you.

Stocks are more of a long term strategy, if you're looking to make money in the next 10+ years without doing much, then it might be a good idea. Have you heard of the S&P 500? It's an index fund that's had a steady 15% return for a while now.

But if you're thinking short term, then day trading is a viable route. It's kind of like TF2 trading, "buy low sell high", although trades are usually made within the same day

The stock market is about moving quickly and acting fast to price changes. Stocks change in a matter of seconds, and 1 slip could fail you.

I'd honestly stick to tf2

The stock market is about moving quickly and acting fast to price changes. Stocks change in a matter of seconds, and 1 slip could fail you.

I'd honestly stick to tf2

Not really though, think about it. The stock market is about investing in companies. Say you were to invest in Google in its early days, you'd have made it big. The stock market is all about researching companies well, expanding your portfolio, and not reacting to market trends. Kind of like TF2, buds dropped to 12 keys and keys raised to 17 ref because everyone was just reacting to the market. That's how markets fail.

Buy big name stocks (things guaranteed not to go out of business) at or near the bottom of a recession, sell when you feel the economy has fully recovered or is expanding.

A very long term strategy, but as others have said, most other stock trading is pretty risky.

Archived