Buying a new Laptop and I need help!

Kollin007

I have around a 300 Dollar budget or under and I am looking to buy a new laptop. I really need some help and my budget is strict.

The only preferences I have are that the new laptop has an HDMI slot and has a fairly big screen.

Right now mine is like 14.75 inches. I have an HP Presario Compaq CQ57 and I think these are the specs for it: http://www.engadget.com/products/hp/compaq-presario/cq57/specs/

Not exactly sure which one though. (Help on wherever I go to find my exact laptop name is appreciated :D)

Anyways, I only need a laptop. I don't need a mouse or headset or anything else.

Any help at all is appreciated.

dont get windows 8.

I know.

Save up and get a better pc

I think 300 is fine for a laptop. I'm not trying to get an extremely fancy one...

With $300 your laptop choices are really limited, you'd be better off saving up a few more hundred dollars or just getting a tablet.

And don't even expect to do any gaming more than TF2 on low-medium with that low of a budget.

What's your current FPS without configs on TF2, and your desired? (Assuming it's for gaming)

Fuck, iunno. All I know is that this one is laggy and old and I want a new one lol.

But on a more serious note, how do I found out my FPS?

With $300 your laptop choices are really limited, you'd be better off saving up a few more hundred dollars or just getting a tablet.

And don't even expect to do any gaming more than TF2 on low-medium with that low of a budget.

I only need a laptop to browse the internet; facebook, backpack.tf, outpost, bazaar, etc and open up tf2 and sort my BP. That's it. I hardly ever play TF2 anyways.

So, any recommendations? 

Fuck, iunno. All I know is that this one is laggy and old and I want a new one lol.

But on a more serious note, how do I found out my FPS?

Go into TF2, go into a Valve server, open up the console, and put in net_graph 1. It should show it then.

Go into TF2, go into a Valve server, open up the console, and put in net_graph 1. It should show it then.

Well, I already uninstalled TF2, lol.

What do you think would be a good FPS?

Well, I already uninstalled TF2, lol.

What do you think would be a good FPS?

Well, I'd say upwards of 30 is playable, when you did play was it smooth or choppy?

Well, I'd say upwards of 30 is playable, when you did play was it smooth or choppy?

Well, the only time I actually played was offline on gorge with bots and it was definitely playable, but if there was a lot of action it would get laggy. Like, if you're playing as solly/demo and you get ubered and are getting shot at a by a sentry and other guys it would get bad.

It's playable in MvM as well, until a tank blows up, then I wait around 20 seconds for the lag.

I know.

I think 300 is fine for a laptop. I'm not trying to get an extremely fancy one...

If you're planning on using it for gaming, good luck.  I bought mine 2 years back for 400 and its pretty shitty.  If you REALLY want a laptop, id really recommend saving a couple more hundred dollars.  Also, if you don't mind going for a desktop, i found this video really helpful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQxr59KRto

Archived