• 2-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-10
    • 10+
  3. 3. Do you think you are addicted?

• Yes / Maybe a bit / A bit
    • No

someone pin this

Ok so since i'm out of this long anough and became a normal teenager again (well ok i own 5 guitars and 7 amplifiers now but whatever) i just see you all talking here and stuff

Most of you are under 18, most of you are teenagers.

I want this to be a serious thread, this is a serious topic. Please

When i cashed out from tf2 i realised i really was addicted. Like, i sucked at school i sucked at social life and everything.

Now i stopped with that, and its gud you know? So i want to help you poor people.

I can't help you cashing out or anything, but just think about how much you spend on the internet, if you have any real friends, if you think you are addicted - maybe it will be the first step.

The votes are private. They are just here to make you think about yourself, so be honest, you don't have to show-off anything

Edit: Real life friends. People you ACTUALLY do stuff with, and not all 1.4 years.. you know people you meet frequently (not only in school aswell)

If you want to know anything you can chat with me.

Don't shitpost here. It's not funny, just be mature enough to leave this alone or write something useful for once

This is a sad topic somehow so heres a baby pug for you Sad-pug.jpg

I fall in the 5-7 hour bracket.

I actually have a good friend group, but I find trading quite fun. I don't game as much anymore, as It's been losing it's enjoyment. I spend much of my time online chatting (whether text or voice) to people, whether they are ones I know IRL or just online.

I'm working towards an end goal of cashing out once I find something I like to do other than trading / gaming. I'm able to drastically cut back how much time I spend online when I have other things to do that I enjoy, which I usually don't.

not bragging, but I have more than 10 real life friends, some of which I met over the internet, most are from my current school and we hand out sometimes, but I might spend somewhat too much time on the internet I'm 16yo

No IRL Friends for me. i was ditched since I was too focused on my studies rather than my friends which caused the connection between me and my friends to disappear and has been happening to me since Middle School(No I'm not in middle school, I'm in high school). I spend around 2-3 hours on my computer a day. Majority of my time spent on my computer is working. So I don't think I'm addicted. Just lacking in the social area.

Is there a 15 hour bracket? And whay just 5-10 friends...? 

that'd go under 10+.

And 15 hours seems absurd, unless you never sleep.

that'd go under 10+.

And 15 hours seems absurd, unless you never sleep.

No social life, no job, no school. He can sleep 9 hours per day

And Pearly, please enable more than 10 irl friends and this probably should have been in prs due to the seriousness of the thread.

Anyway, I got 10+ irl friends with whom I frequently hang out.

I spend like 3-4 hours per day on the internet, though I do visit this forum from my phone whilst doing other activities such as taking public transport.

During the last 2 weeks I have spent 25 hours in game according to steam, but this often is the same time as I spend on the forums. I reply to topics whilst at a loading screen for instance.

I do not consider myself addicted, I do not feel like I need the internet though it is very convenient for services such as whatsapp and skype

I picked 5-10 on the friends thing 'cause no 10+  :c  I have my friends at college, and my friends from back home, friends from work <- totals more than 10

almost certainly 8-10 hours on my comp/steam but some of it is just spent idling and sitting in front of it reading a book or eating or whatever

yeah, probably addicted.  am okay without my comp., can go for week+ camping trips and I don't suffer crazy withdrawl (barely use my phone, although I do have a smart phone).  but it's my go-to thing to do when I'm just chilling at home/in my dorm besides reading

as pudding said, probably should be in politics, religion, science, etc.

I bury myself in the internet to get away from social drama or watchful eyes of my parents, I'll admit. But I have had girlfriends(In person that I could touch and hold) and a group of very close friends that I've known since elementary school that I go out to eat with and "hang out"(I am 18 at this moment).

There's NOTHING wrong with loving computers enough to go to them for most of your entertainment, if computers didn't exist we would all be on consoles anyways. Computers are just a bundle of different kinds of entertainment such as; games, music, movies, tv, social media, work environments and programs, etc. I personally do not need "Saving" from my "poor self", thank you very much. The way you put it is as though all of us are completely depressed piles of skin that have no use and cry themselves to sleep or something like that. I am truly offended you put yourself out here in this thread like "You guys can't help yourselves, I will save you from your pointless lives!".

There's NOTHING wrong with loving computers enough to go to them for most of your entertainment, if computers didn't exist we would all be on consoles anyways. Computers are just a bundle of different kinds of entertainment such as; games, music, movies, tv, social media, work environments and programs, etc. I personally do not need "Saving" from my "poor self", thank you very much. The way you put it is as though all of us are completely depressed piles of skin that have no use and cry themselves to sleep or something like that. I am truly offended you put yourself out here in this thread like "You guys can't help yourselves, I will save you from your pointless lives!".

This. ^

I love computers and I go on mine everyday but I don't really consider myself addicted in any way. I just very much enjoy going on the internet more than some things that other people do in their spare time, but I'm totally fine when I haven't touched the computer in a while.

I bury myself in the internet to get away from social drama or watchful eyes of my parents, I'll admit. But I have had girlfriends(In person that I could touch and hold) and a group of very close friends that I've known since elementary school that I go out to eat with and "hang out"(I am 18 at this moment).

Totally agree with this. 100% lol. I'm 18 as well, I work a part time job, go to college, and still manage to have a half decent social life. Yet, I do spend a lot of time on my PC because I'm not a console gamer (was for a while, then slowly started to hate them more and more) and I find a lot of stuff such as trading to be a hobby. As for the last part of that, I also agree. You couldn't of made yourself sound more ignorant and/or arrogant in your post, Pearly.

Every once in a while my friends and I head out to a park and spend six hours or so out on the town, but I do spend anywhere from three to six hours on the internet a day, depending on whether I go outside that day. On some weekends, I'll pull like eight or nine hours in one day, but I hang out with a friend usually on the weekends so this isn't a common occurrence.

I don't think I'm addicted, there are things I enjoy doing other than the internet, and I could easily live without it. But I love it here.

I've felt similarly. I've been working on cashing out and I have already cashed out $500. Trading is so fun though. x3 Hard to stop completely. I used to have more of a social life before my car broke down and I couldn't do very much to get it fixed because I was already in debt. That felt a lot better to me, and I'd like to get back into that (not the debt part x.x).

I've never had many people I could call "friends", and the same is still very true. I mostly enjoy being on my own. I did have a good friend a while back, though they moved away. At the moment I'm dating 2 people, so I'm not entirely socially isolated. :D I don't see them everyday or anything, but at least once a week. Seeing them more would probably be better.

MFW 

I have a good group of friends, my life generally hasnt changed since I started spending lots of time on the pc, I just had nothing to funnel my time into after my mom made me stop playing sports.

I think that most teenagers spend as much time or more using TV or their phones, which I really dont do, so that+the fact that my life hasnt changed much through the years tells me that Im probably not addicted, I force myself to take a break from the pc every now and then

MFW 

I have a good group of friends, my life generally hasnt changed since I started spending lots of time on the pc, I just had nothing to funnel my time into after my mom made me stop playing sports.

I think that most teenagers spend as much time or more using TV or their phones, which I really dont do, so that+the fact that my life hasnt changed much through the years tells me that Im probably not addicted, I force myself to take a break from the pc every now and then

why did your mom make you quit sports?

Used to be a person with no real life friends when I was little, now I do have a shitload of them (more than 10) in real life, however I do use alot my computer for work reasons despite I myself am a student.

I know a lot of people, but I haven't seen anyone in a long time.

I spend 10+hours each day at the computer, cuz I'm sick and got nothing 2 do. Few hours cooking and cleaning.

I don't feel addicted to games or anything, I'm addicted to the computer, but not to anything to an extent were I become aggresive/ignore other things in life and priotize it that much. I just got a lot of time and decided to just spend it on sitting on my computer -- mainly trading/helping people/watch series.

I'm one of those people who are extremely social yet have a second life back at home

I use the computer much too often, and it gets extremely addicting even at school

besides that though i have a pretty wide variety of friends and am actively participating in sports

Archived