Make the navigation bar being fixed an option

Lounger

EDIT: There's an open feature request for this in the Issue Tracker.

It would be nice if there was an option to have an inline navigation bar instead of one that is fixed on the top at all times.

Right now, it's incredibly annoying to use on Android:

• Click on search box
  • Browser zooms in on the search box
  • Fixed nav bar adjusts to screen
  • Search bar is now out of view

This happens on Chrome and Firefox.

I believe Chrome is the most popular Android browser, and since it doesn't have extension support, there's no way to change this behavior.

The class in question is .navbar-fixed-top

There's an issue tracker you can use. There's even a feature request you can use to make it a thing.

Don't feel too bad about it though, i didn't know about it myself until a week or so ago.

http://backpack.tf/issue

Don't bother submitting one now though. I already did, since I have the same problem on my iPhone.

There's an issue tracker you can use. There's even a feature request you can use to make it a thing.

Don't bother submitting one now though, I already did, since I have the same problem on my iPhone.

Thanks for that.

Is it this one?

Not meaning to sound rude, but when the header follows your screen, it's called being "sticky". Yes, I hate it too and wish I could toggle the option to make the header sticky.

Not meaning to sound rude, but when the header follows your screen, it's called being "sticky". Yes, I hate it too and wish I could toggle the option to make the header sticky.

To be completely correct, it's called "fixed."

So I fixed the title ;)

Archived