Which should I buy?

nobody knows

Hello readers, I have been looking around the internet for something to buy and I have reached a crucial decision in which you are willingly helping me solve. My price range is $50 and these two items are $50 and things I am interested in.

The first item; http://www.coldsteelknivesdirect.com/97GMSA Roman Gladius that has been modernized with a 1055 carbon steel 

The second item; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095VPBFY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33F7HBNBYJZ1C A AMD GPU that is better than the one I currently have

Thank you for reading and thank you for your time.

Ask yourself, when will you use that fancy knife?

In a free society you would ask the question when would you not use that fancy knife?

Dual Core processor, you want the knife but you don't need it in any way unless you're shanking a pinoy.

(which i approve of)

First of all guys its not a knife its a Gladius a short Roman sword that is designed for close combat with this use of a shield and I had to look up what a pinoy was and I don't live in the Philippines

well that's a cpu

will it work on your system?

if not, save the money

My system is a Acer Aspire V3-771 with an i3-3110M 2.40 GHz

Buy the computer part, sell your old one, then save up the difference to get the sword.

Now that good sir is a good idea, Thank you.

Also does my laptop support AMD? (I am pretty sure it does)

no, and the i3 you have now is bascially $20 if you can sell it.

Also does my laptop support AMD? (I am pretty sure it does)

you can't willy nilly go and expect to change a cpu in a laptop. It's long and horrible (if it's even possible) -- amd won't fit into your board, in this case.

"First. Motherboards in laptops, except in the same range, are not interchangeable. This is because there is no such thing as a standard form factor for laptops. Also, the port layout (USB, VGA/DVI/HDMI, LAN, Memory card, eSATA, etc...) changes between laptop ranges, not just over time. They are all proprietary, each motherboard with it's port layout is designed and matched to a corresponding case and then sold as such.

Second. The max processor for your laptop range is the i7-620M. You'll probably need to get this from the likes of ebay or craigslist as mobile processors are not sold retail. The laptop will need to be broken down so you can access the processor, this can be long, complicated and protracted due to the highly integrated nature of the system, the complexity of the design and to prevent the ordinary user from servicing their laptop. The last hurdle, which I don't myself, is whether your processor is fitted into a socket or is soldered to the motherboard. Obviously, if it's soldered you're snookered."

you can't willy nilly go and expect to change a cpu in a laptop. It's long and horrible (if it's even possible) -- amd won't fit into your board, in this case.

"First. Motherboards in laptops, except in the same range, are not interchangeable. This is because there is no such thing as a standard form factor for laptops. Also, the port layout (USB, VGA/DVI/HDMI, LAN, Memory card, eSATA, etc...) changes between laptop ranges, not just over time. They are all proprietary, each motherboard with it's port layout is designed and matched to a corresponding case and then sold as such.

Second. The max processor for your laptop range is the i7-620M. You'll probably need to get this from the likes of ebay or craigslist as mobile processors are not sold retail. The laptop will need to be broken down so you can access the processor, this can be long, complicated and protracted due to the highly integrated nature of the system, the complexity of the design and to prevent the ordinary user from servicing their laptop. The last hurdle, which I don't myself, is whether your processor is fitted into a socket or is soldered to the motherboard. Obviously, if it's soldered you're snookered."

First of all the cpu is not soldered and I know how to break down my laptop

First of all guys its not a knife its a Gladius a short Roman sword that is designed for close combat with this use of a shield and I had to look up what a pinoy was and I don't live in the Philippines

My system is a Acer Aspire V3-771 with an i3-3110M 2.40 GHz

That's the same shit I'm trying to say, you don't need a fucking sword. Don't make a thread asking what to buy if you're not gonna listen to us.

First of all the cpu is not soldered and I know how to break down my laptop

cool -- amd won't fit into an intel socket.

buy it if you want, it's not gonna work

cool -- amd won't fit into an intel socket.

buy it if you want, it's not gonna work

And quick question how do you know amd will not work when the factory model has been sold with amd cpus.

And quick question how do you know amd will not work when the factory model has been sold with amd cpus.

You have intel. It's like playing a wii game on a xbox or like plugging a usb into a wall socket. It just wont work.

In a free society you would ask the question when would you not use that fancy knife?

carrying a sword will not make you look cool 

8cf8C.jpg

does the sword come with a fedora as well? Sorry to say, but I just find people with katanas and other kinds of blades cringeworthy. 

If the CPU fits your system I'd clearly go for that.

I just said it, amd will not fit into an Intel socket

does the sword come with a fedora as well? Sorry to say, but I just find people with katanas and other kinds of blades cringeworthy. 

If the CPU fits your system I'd clearly go for that.

I have a fedora to go with it.

Ok guys Ive found a CPU that can be used in my computer http://www.amazon.com/Intel-E8600-3-33GHz-Desktop-Processor/dp/B0046T44YO/ref=pd_cp_pc_3so that conflict should be resolved.

that's a desktop processor. I don't think you should deal with changing stuff in your computer if you think AMD will fit in an intel board, and a desktop cpu will fit into a laptop. Get a sword of knife or whatever the hell it is.

Archived