OMG LV100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lukecandy

Just why...

I understand that some people 'collect' certain levels of hats but sometimes it is just a little annoying.

You search outpost for the hat you are after. You scroll through for 5 minutes and they are all painted colours that you don't want or have shitty name tags. You finally come to a normal one but... of course... It is level 42 and has to be worth a whole key more than usual... -_- There are trades that just sit around for days on end getting bumped every half hour but no one wants to buy your level 0 team captain for a bud!!!!!!!!!! ridiculous. Am I the only one that feels this way or are there others out there?

I don't see the problem with buying a cheaply painted one and restoring it.

But they never are... lol.

and that's not the point...

It's just because the general perception is that lvl's 1, 42, 69, 99 and 100 is worth more. If suddenly everyone would think lvl 33 is worth more and start collecting it, then it will go up in price. Simple as that, nothing special about those lvl's though, people just love them more then others.

Another problem is the way this site calculates bonus prices.

I've come across so many that think those bonus prices are actually what the item is worth / traded for.

And most of us know that that is just not the case. But some ppl think it is. Most times it's people that are not collectors themselves and naively thought they made a good deal when they bought the Level X Hat. They then try to sell it for a b/o that is even higher than the bonus price.

The consequence is, they are the ones that have a very hard time selling, as no serious collector is willing to pay that much. And since they also have a hard time adjusting to reality, their trades are up for weeks and month. That's why you come across so many unsold collector level items, imo.

I've come across so many that think those bonus prices are actually what the item is worth / traded for.

And most of us know that that is just not the case. But some ppl think it is. Most times it's people that are not collectors themselves and naively thought they made a good deal when they bought the Level X Hat. They then try to sell it for a b/o that is even higher than the bonus price.

The consequence is, they are the ones that have a very hard time selling, as no serious collector is willing to pay that much. And since they also have a hard time adjusting to reality, their trades are up for weeks and month. That's why you come across so many unsold collector level items, imo.

I've looked in my BP multiple times. I have some level 1 items, lvl 100, and lvl 69, and I get no bonuses. I recently bought a Defiant Spartan lvl 100 for 1.66, which is the market value. I see no problem with selling it for as much, but obv. if I can get more, I'm going to try!

I've looked in my BP multiple times. I have some level 1 items, lvl 100, and lvl 69, and I get no bonuses. I recently bought a Defiant Spartan lvl 100 for 1.66, which is the market value. I see no problem with selling it for as much, but obv. if I can get more, I'm going to try!

Hmm, at least for Vintage Hats you do. Don't know if that has always been the case or if there was a recent change.

Hmm, at least for Vintage Hats you do. Don't know if that has always been the case or if there was a recent change.

S'been this way for a long time for me. Personal glitch maybe? It applied to a friend of mine (Sparkfire) well enough, on his V. Backburner.

exactly :)

Archived