Premium Listings 'Original'?

t4b59qf8t645q84ngq38y9fq8g

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum or not, however here's my simple question:

In the Premium listings on Backpack.tf (obviously) - what does it mean when an Unusual is being marked as Original or not? Is it referring to the original owner?

I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of making a thread just for an answer, however I had no idea where else to ask.

Thanks,

Original means it is in the same state as it was when it was unboxed/made/found

It hasn't sold, had a tool used on it or been SCM'd, it's the same item from when it was unboxed

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum or not, however here's my simple question:

In the Premium listings on Backpack.tf (obviously) - what does it mean when an Unusual is being marked as Original or not? Is it referring to the original owner?

I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of making a thread just for an answer, however I had no idea where else to ask.

Thanks,

I want to say that it means it's the original item.

It's not duped, or gifted (if that makes a differnence)

I want to say that it means it's the original item.

It's not duped, or gifted (if that makes a differnence)

It doesn't seem to be duped nor gifted, however based on the previous answer it would make sense, as it has had spells attached, so I suppose that would explain it? Simply that it's been at least slightly modified (without necessarily making the value drop(duped / gifted)))?

Original means it is in the same state as it was when it was unboxed/made/found

It hasn't sold, had a tool used on it or been SCM'd, it's the same item from when it was unboxed

^This

"Original" means that the item has not been modified in any way (renamed, painted, wrapped, added parts, etc.) nor has it left the user's backpack in anyway (traded, gifted, put on the SCM, etc.). Once an item has been modified or has left the user's backpack, it will have lost "originality" permanently.

Archived