How long will the GTX760 last in modern games (2015)

Torr.

So I apparently bought a Gigabyte GTX760 2GB bout 5 months ago, Im totally regretting it since I din't know the 980 was coming out. I was wondering, how long would the 760 last for in modern games, 2015. Will it still run well for another year?

So I apparently bought a Gigabyte GTX760 2GB bout 5 months ago, Im totally regretting it since I din't know the 980 was coming out. I was wondering, how long would the 760 last for in modern games, 2015. Will it still run well for another year?

You should have gone with EVGA lol. I made the same mistake with my GTX 770, and EVGA lets you upgrade your gpu for free, as long as you pay the shipping and whatever the price difference is between your current gpu and the one you're trying to upgrade to (in my case the GTX 970 FTW edition so no price difference). 

760 does pretty well in most games, so unless you play the best looking games out there, you should be able to keep using it for at least another 1-2 years. 

I have a PNY GTX 760, and I can play Far Cry 4 at high settings. I get around 30-40 fps. It even ran Assassin's Creed Unity at a reliable 30 fps before the performance "fix," which brought it down to 10-20. It's main problem seems to be PhysX, which causes massive performance issues in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel unless disabled/set to low.

If you're worried about it dropping off in performance, you could buy another 760 down the road and put them in SLI. Will keep you going for another bit.

2-3 years. 4 years if you dont mind not playing at max settins. And just high settings. 

Also if you stick to 1920x1080 

I still use the 560ti and play everything on high even the new games. At ~60+ fps

Archived