Signify

Hey guys ive been trying to fix the key prices in USD and im not sure if I can or not :/

Was reccomended by several users and an admin to go here to make some discussion. 

Take a look:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/513672b04bd7b8421800001d

Rightfully closed, but the thing is the USD avarage for keys is around 1.35 and the current in 1.42 which is hillairously innacurate. But this website does not offer anyway to really change that other than lowering the price of ref in USD which is also as of now accurate. 

I want to fix the price but cant do it without lowering it in ref. Maybe some site changes are in order maybe i can do it another way. I really dont know, help is appreciated.

Ya Brad should definitely do something about this; Even if it won't technically make sense, the economy doesn't make sense. ~mr_crud, 2013

#peace

He said he needs a break for now, but it will be one of the first things he will do something about it.

Yeah, the only current way is to change ref but ppl don't sell ref for cheap enough.

He said he needs a break for now, but it will be one of the first things he will do something about it.

This is from a pm or something?

It's silly to expect keys, refined and USD prices to match up perfectly. It's not unusual for there to be discrepancies between markets.

What Brad has to do is decide whether to price items individually in USD or to continue to allow the USD price of Refined (or some other item) to determine all other USD prices. I think the current system is fine. It allows users to see where arbitrage is available and allowing users to see that actually helps the markets to align rather than drift even farther apart.

The price is nuts due not being an economy but a collector's system. It is always changing, depending on the offer and demand. To set a USD price on items would just about the same, price will change though, and with that everything here and there. As I said, it depends on the offer and demand.

It's silly to expect keys, refined and USD prices to match up perfectly. It's not unusual for there to be discrepancies between markets.

What Brad has to do is decide whether to price items individually in USD or to continue to allow the USD price of Refined (or some other item) to determine all other USD prices. I think the current system is fine. It allows users to see where arbitrage is available and allowing users to see that actually helps the markets to align rather than drift even farther apart.

But with the price of keys in metal is skyrocketing without really the USD price changing at all its really innacurate. Price of ref has stayed the same as well on USD sellers. Its just the key metal ratio that has been inflated (I think largely due to this site, but that isnt the point)

But with the price of keys in metal is skyrocketing without really the USD price changing at all its really innacurate. Price of ref has stayed the same as well on USD sellers. Its just the key metal ratio that has been inflated (I think largely due to this site, but that isnt the point)

Nah. Ref price has been dropping. It used to sell for $0.50 ea. Now it's like $0.35 ea

Nah. Ref price has been dropping. It used to sell for $0.50 ea. Now it's like $0.35 ea

You clearly weren't around in the good old days (over a year ago, when keys were 2.33) Ref was $1~ ea.

Remember when keys were 1 refined each and Black and White paints were 1 reclaimed each?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Remember when keys were 1 refined each and Black and White paints were 1 reclaimed each?

I remember I tried my hand at paint banking back on SPUF and ended up with a few 216's that no one ever bought for the regular prices

The good old days when pretty much any paint was a scrap....

Using something like the $1.35 average for keys, shouldn't refined be something like $.33-34 at the moment? Regardless of what actual sellers are selling refined metal for, if you can buy keys and convert into refined at that price, isn't it more accurate?

Using something like the $1.35 average for keys, shouldn't refined be something like $.33-34 at the moment? Regardless of what actual sellers are selling refined metal for, if you can buy keys and convert into refined at that price, isn't it more accurate?

Keys do appear to be a more stable USD price than Refined Metal. I would have no problems with switching our USD pricing to a system based on the price of keys.

Keys do appear to be a more stable USD price than Refined Metal. I would have no problems with switching our USD pricing to a system based on the price of keys.

--> BUDS.

No (that was tried before).

Yes, but what is the argument to not do it? The price of refined has dropped already if I can reliably buy keys for $1.30-1.35 and reliably trade them for 4 refined metals.

Look at this the other way around: Could I sell 4 refined metal for $1.45? Could I sell keys for $1.45? Is that the average price?

At the moment the site is over-valuing everyone's backpack in USD.

This is a good idea as well, as keys are the only thing in the game that have any value. But, wouldn't it be doing exactly what changing the refined metal price would be doing? i.e. (avg. key price) / (avg, ref-key exchange) = (avg. refined metal price)

except basing usd on keys/buds would make a much smaller impact....

If a hat is 3 ref, and usd is based on buds, then the value of the hat will be off by only a couple cents. Alternatively, by keeping usd based on ref, some unusuals end up being off 10's (even 100's) of dollars off.

Archived