Heeeelp! Self made program to scan backpack.

Teladi

Hello! I'm a CASUL trader and I found... long time ago... That there are services that are buying and selling stuff.. Bots... 

So I found an OCU hatbot which buys stuff for 80% of price and sells for 90%. Since I found it I started using it to buy hats that RARELY APPEAR but are POPULAR.

But checking each bot was boring and took alot of time... So I have grown tired/became too lazy to do that manually. I have tried to use APIs ov STEAM, Backpack.tf and other stuff just to check INVENTORY of the bots... But all Steam given me was IDs of ITEMS.... I aint found a way how to convert ID into item type/name/etc.

So instead of trying that way for more I have done other thing - Made a program that loads backpack.tf profile (http://backpack.tf/profiles/[iNSERT PROFILE NUMBER HERE]) and just checked the text it loaded with the names of ITEMS I want( i.e Fast Learner). It is coded on C++ and made in C++ Builder 6. All went really fine - It scanned the backpack.tf profile of bot each 5 minutes... But 1 day ago I started receiving 1 message. 

403 Forbidden.

It was scanning backpacks sucessfully for 1.5 months.. But now it aint working. Why it is forbidden?
I can easily go on bot's profile.... and See what it have.. but scanner gets Forbidden.. 

I did not understand a single word you said.

Can you please elaborate/translate?

OP created a program that allows him to quickly scan a user's backpack for items he wishes to buy and such. He uses this to constantly update on the =ocu= hat bots to see which hats they currently have in stock. However, recently his program has been giving him 403 Forbidden errors and he is requesting assistance to help solve this problem.

Hello! I'm a CASUL trader and I found... long time ago... That there are services that are buying and selling stuff.. Bots... 

So I found an OCU hatbot which buys stuff for 80% of price and sells for 90%. Since I found it I started using it to buy hats that RARELY APPEAR but are POPULAR.

But checking each bot was boring and took alot of time... So I have grown tired/became too lazy to do that manually. I have tried to use APIs ov STEAM, Backpack.tf and other stuff just to check INVENTORY of the bots... But all Steam given me was IDs of ITEMS.... I aint found a way how to convert ID into item type/name/etc.

So instead of trying that way for more I have done other thing - Made a program that loads backpack.tf profile (http://backpack.tf/profiles/[iNSERT PROFILE NUMBER HERE]) and just checked the text it loaded with the names of ITEMS I want( i.e Fast Learner). It is coded on C++ and made in C++ Builder 6. All went really fine - It scanned the backpack.tf profile of bot each 5 minutes... But 1 day ago I started receiving 1 message. 

403 Forbidden.

It was scanning backpacks sucessfully for 1.5 months.. But now it aint working. Why it is forbidden?

I can easily go on bot's profile.... and See what it have.. but scanner gets Forbidden.. 

Probably was because you have been sending a request every 5 minutes for 1.5 months without stopping?

Probably was because you have been sending a request every 5 minutes for 1.5 months without stopping?

Not stopping? No.

Max 8 hours per day.

Banned for DDoS.  :lol:

I aint even desire to DDoS website to which I paid for a premium.... CUZ IM USING IT.

Not stopping? No.

Max 8 hours per day.

I aint even desire to DDoS website to which I paid for a premium.... CUZ IM USING IT.

It sees a guy is non stop sending requests. The website finds this fishy and blocks those requests.

If you can load the website through your web browser, same can be done using any other program.

I can.. Program can't....

Everything was working for 1.5 months. No changes were made..

It sees a guy is non stop sending requests. The website finds this fishy and blocks those requests.

Non stop? Request sent to get website data(Page Source) After a minute it stops and shows result. After 4 mins - again. That's aint non stop...

Non stop? Request sent to get website data(Page Source) After a minute it stops and shows result. After 4 mins - again. That's aint non stop...

So you've been sending 360 requests daily for 1.5 months?

So you've been sending 360 requests daily for 1.5 months?

50-120

I know that there are stuff to block DDoS and spam. That's Why I made it with a delay....

And I don't do it 24/7.

I can't trade when Im sleeping/studying/outside/etc. So Im just turning it off.

So? Fix your program.

So? Fix your program.

You guys are nuts? You do more requests by yourself than his bot. Sending one every 5 minutes... When you browse the site you probably send up to 10+ a minute. How is one every 5 minutes fishy?

You guys are nuts? You do more requests by yourself than his bot. Sending one every 5 minutes... When you browse the site you probably send up to 10+ a minute. How is one every 5 minutes fishy?

Same frequency every single time, lacking normal browser headers. Totally not fishy or anything.

Chances are it's not even DoS protection but rather a change on the site, or even a problem with OP's bot.

I'm not sure why you quoted me specifically. The problem is obviously in OPs program since he has already stated he can visit any backpack using regular browser just fine.

Same frequency every single time, lacking normal browser headers. Totally not fishy or anything.

Chances are it's not even DoS protection but rather a change on the site, or even a problem with OP's bot.

It WAS working for 1.5 months.

I done like... Average 12 trades every day with use of it. Each trade - 1+ item.

I Gotten purple belt(Im always first in bots queue) in some days. It was working PERFECTLY.

I aint changed ANYTHING.

It just started to pop up "403 Forbidden"

LAST change I made in it was more than 3 weeks ago! And only Yesterday I received this error and it still goes on.

I done like... Average 12 trades every day with use of it. Each trade - 1+ item.

I Gotten purple belt(Im always first in bots queue) in some days. It was working PERFECTLY.

I aint changed ANYTHING.

LAST change I made in it was more than 3 weeks ago! And only Yesterday I received this error and it still goes on.

What url is throwing that error for you?

I aint changed ANYTHING.

Well your bot is the problem here. I doubt Fiskie is going to design the website around your needs.

What url is throwing that error for you?

Those are profiles of all 7 ocu bots.
All of em.
Opens fine in BROWSER.
403 FORBIDDEN at scanner.

Are you using any special headers? Cookies?

No. Nothing like that.

All I use is  the idHTTP... Which just gets the Page source.(Google chrome. Right click>View Page Source)

You should just capture the headers and replicate what browser does.

Browser also downloads all the pics and stuff like that.

IdHTTP just gets source. Similair to what browser does but without loading ALOT of stuff. Just code.

It is an idea to check it using browser but It isn't going to end well because of bigger load. . .

Archived