Valve region-locked every game purchased from Russia or other cheap regions. How will it affect key prices?

Royal

So Valve apparently locked ALL games purchased from these regions:

• Russia / CIS
  • Southeast Asia
  • South America
  • Turkey

Key prices already dropped like 0.20€ (TF2, CS:GO, Dota 2 - every key on the market) and the winter sale hasn't even begun yet (gonna start tomorrow). What do you think, will they continue to drop like this? Will they ever recover to full price? I'd really like to hear your opinion.

Fun fact: since ruble began to drop, key price also began skyrocketing faster than ever.

Just something to consider.

Looked up the price of Nuclear Throne. In Russia it's 289 rubles. The US equivalent is 862, UK - 1043. 

Of course volvo would cut this out asap.

> key price also began skyrocketing faster than ever

Where? SCM has slightly dropped and Store is still $2.49.

ref?

I assumed the ref-key ratio since it gets all attention.

Not only.

Economy isn't that simple.

Well, I also did say "something to consider".

Your reply makes no sense.

You mentioned key-ref ratio. In this case ref is losing its value compared to keys and so the ratio changes.

• Administrators

So Valve apparently locked ALL games purchased from these regions:

• Russia / CIS
  • Southeast Asia
  • South America
  • Turkey

Key prices already dropped like 0.20€ (TF2, CS:GO, Dota 2 - every key on the market) and the winter sale hasn't even begun yet (gonna start tomorrow). What do you think, will they continue to drop like this? Will they ever recover to full price? I'd really like to hear your opinion.

I am just quite surprised to see Valve taking so many actions in a very short amount of time. First making game untradeable but giftable for the first 30 days, then putting region lock in some areas, limiting S.C.M and now this. Hmm... I wonder what their next big step will be.

Well, unlike the Tf2 economy, which is totally fine, Russia's economy is being sick, ruble dropped by 100% to euro and usd, mann co key price were 80 rubles at summer, now its 170 rubles. So, i think Valve wants to prevent huge profit loss which can be provided by massive resell of games, cause their ruble prices stay at the same point.

I am just quite surprised to see Valve taking so many actions in a very short amount of time. First making game untradeable but giftable for the first 30 days, then putting region lock in some areas, limiting S.C.M and now this. Hmm... I wonder what their next big step will be.

Next step is to clamp down on bulk key trades. 

Archived