stop 1 scrap changes

puddingkip

Alright, here's the point. I've had it with these 1 scrap changes. http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51d481844bd7b8193c000011 and http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51d87156ba2536110d000001 http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51d888d0ba2536146f000009 are only the most recent examples. http://puu.sh/3wBqQ.png http://puu.sh/3wBvA.png do0ctor is here even admitting he's doing it to influence the market. So back on topic. These suggestions are extremely useless. Backpack.tf is a rough guideline. There's always a possibility to sell higher (if you need any proof, ask andy) or to buy lower. This site should just reflect the main market. If the market hasn't changed enough for a serious change, than don't change it. We all know we're influencing the market, and by passing such suggestions, we're only increasing the influence. It might be fun (who doesn't want power?), but for the market, it's a bad thing.

So, I say we stop these kind of changes. They're useless, not needed, not wanted, and only influencing the market.

NOTE, after a private chat with do0ctor I found out his English derped on him, and he didn't mean it in the way he wrote it. I believe him on that, but it still doesn't change the fact that THESE SUGGESTIONS SHOULD STOP. I didn't mean to insult the do0ctor, as we all got times when we just say something we don't mean because English isn't our own language (or we're from the USA). So public apologies to doctor, and thanks for closing the suggestion. But he wasn't the only one, so I'll leave the tread here. Once again MY STATEMENTS ABOUT DOCTOR AREN'T RIGHT. I decided to leave them in my first post to show my upsettedness (that's not English is it?).

I did this twice b/c I was mad that other people got to do it

got bored of it quck.

Chief D already has thread like this

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/776-please-avoid-the-1-scrap-change-suggestions-its-basically-rep-whoring-and-you-should-be-ashamed/page-2?hl=%2Bstop+%2Bscrap+%2Bchanges&do=findComment&comment=8009

Request merge?

how on earth did I miss that thread? Yeah, merge it if a mod can

I believe suggestions should be accepted if they are convincingly more accurate than the current price.  Simple as that.

So what ? If the price is more accurate with a scrap difference where is the problem ? i dont see any

Because the fundamental way of thinking with rep whoring is different from what the site is trying to achieve.

Because the fundamental way of thinking with rep whoring is different from what the site is trying to achieve.

Rep whoring > Being useful ? GG

In my opinion, only prices that are lower than 1 ref should be allowed 1 scrap change, above that no. What difference does it make going from 1.33-1.66 ref to 1.33-1.55? :l

In my opinion, only prices that are lower than 1 ref should be allowed 1 scrap change, above that no. What difference does it make going from 1.33-1.66 ref to 1.33-1.55? :l

What difference made the prices of keys jump that high ? 1 scrap. 1 scrap can be a huge change

What difference made the prices of keys jump that high ? 1 scrap. 1 scrap can be a huge change

Exactly.  As soon as you set a blanket policy on something like this, you start making exceptions to it and it becomes more subjective than anything

Exactly.  As soon as you set a blanket policy on something like this, you start making exceptions to it and it becomes more subjective than anything

Yes, 1 scrap may look just a little change, meanwhile, it can be a huge change overtime

Keys and similarly tightly priced tools are the main reason why a rule like this is so troublesome. There's clear exceptions, so where exactly is the line drawn? To my knowledge, the bulk of mods would love for a rule like this, but until it can be clearly defined where it may be necessary and where it's unnecessary rep whoring, there's no fair way to implement it.

Keys and similarly tightly priced tools are the main reason why a rule like this is so troublesome. There's clear exceptions, so where exactly is the line drawn? To my knowledge, the bulk of mods would love for a rule like this, but until it can be clearly defined where it may be necessary and where it's unnecessary rep whoring, there's no fair way to implement it.

With the exception of keys, all items should be priced as follows:

.11 Ref, .33 Ref, .66 Ref, 1 Ref, 1.33 Ref, 1.66 Ref, 2 Ref.

1 key, 1.2 keys, 1.4 keys, 1.6 keys, 1.8 keys, 2 keys. 

Or a range of any of those. 

P.s. wat'r u doing here?

He's a moderator of both backpack.tf and it's forums...

....Not what i was getting

I haven't seen him around on the forums in quite some time. 

....Not what i was getting

I haven't seen him around on the forums in quite some time.

There's not much on the forums that's actually worth commenting on or discussing. Its basically like another Facebook for frequent users of backpack.tf

With the exception of keys, all items should be priced as follows:

.11 Ref, .33 Ref, .66 Ref, 1 Ref, 1.33 Ref, 1.66 Ref, 2 Ref.

1 key, 1.2 keys, 1.4 keys, 1.6 keys, 1.8 keys, 2 keys. 

Or a range of any of those. 

What about tickets? Can't recall a time where that item was on nice reclaimed increments, and for whenever I've popped in and out of the market, it seems to me for as equally a valid reason as keys.

How about uncraft hats/misc? Rare ones tend to end up with odd scrap ranges due to a single trade at such a price and the lack of others on the markets to round things off. Never been a problem before, and outside of more common ones, tend to remain immune to rep whoring scrap changes.

What about any future items that may appear and require the scrap finesse of keys? How will we recognize their need for scrap increments before instantly locking them into reclaimed?

P.s. wat'r u doing here?

Random luck, I pretty much never look at the suggestion board these days and just happened to spot this one.

NOTE, after a private chat with do0ctor I found out his English derped on him, and he didn't mean it in the way he wrote it. I believe him on that, but it still doesn't change the fact that THESE SUGGESTIONS SHOULD STOP. I didn't mean to insult the do0ctor, as we all got times when we just say something we don't mean because English isn't our own language (or we're from the USA). So public apologies to doctor, and thanks for closing the suggestion. But he wasn't the only one, so I'll leave the tread here. Once again MY STATEMENTS ABOUT DOCTOR AREN'T RIGHT. I decided to leave them in my first post to show my upsettedness (that's not English is it?).

is english his 2nd language?

What about tickets? Can't recall a time where that item was on nice reclaimed increments, and for whenever I've popped in and out of the market, it seems to me for as equally a valid reason as keys.

How about uncraft hats/misc? Rare ones tend to end up with odd scrap ranges due to a single trade at such a price and the lack of others on the markets to round things off. Never been a problem before, and outside of more common ones, tend to remain immune to rep whoring scrap changes.

What about any future items that may appear and require the scrap finesse of keys? How will we recognize their need for scrap increments before instantly locking them into reclaimed?

I meant to say currencies not keys (yes, i do consider tickets to be currency--for a time i was using it to explain how the rise in keys wasn't bptfs fault--but then i just got sick of dealing with stupid, so i dropped it). 

And for those "rare" uncrafts that have odd ranges, lets assume there are a bunch of sales at 1 rec (or 4 scrap), and a sale at 7 scrap. Just do .33-.66, in all honesty it wouldn't make a very big difference. 

is english his 2nd language?

Judging on conversations I had with him I'm fairly sure it isn't his first language (so the language he was taught as a child). If it is I'm once again mislead and am stupid but he seems Eastern European to me. Maybe I'm horrendously off, but well that's my guess.

Archived