Best Special Event Effects (and taunt effects)

polar

366 members have voted

1. 1. Robo-Effects

2. 2. Taunt Effects

• Showstopper
    • Holy Grail
    • Screaming Tiger
    • Fountain of Delight
    • '72
    • Mega Strike
    • Midnight Whirlwind
    • Silver Cyclone
    • Skill Gotten Gains
    • Ghastly Ghosts (halloween)
    • Haunted Phantasm (halloween)
  3. 3. EoTL Effects

4. 4. 2016 Halloween Taunts

• Spectral Swirl (purple)
    • Hellish Inferno (red, bats)
    • Infernal Smoke (green)
    • Infernal Flames (purple)

why is this poll public?

All of them were supposed to be public unless I forgot. If you don't want your vote to be public then you don't need to vote.

All of them were supposed to be public unless I forgot. If you don't want your vote to be public then you don't need to vote.

I was just curious as it doesn't serve any purpose in my opinion, never meant to hate. but I got nothing to hide about my unusual effect preferences.

I was just curious as it doesn't serve any purpose in my opinion, never meant to hate. but I got nothing to hide about my unusual effect preferences.

Speaking for me, I like to look at overall trends. How many people have "mainstream" taste and vote for the typical ones and how many people have unique tastes and consistently pick other ones? Do people who like C9 also like circling hearts? Do people who pick anti-freeze like green effects in general? Etc. etc. Also, sometimes I like to give my friends a good ribbing when I see their votes. All in good fun.

Though I have in the past used some of this data to inform my trading decisions (i.e. offer certain hats to people who have certain effects in their pack if I think they are more likely to say yes).

Death at Dusk & Morning Glory are the Cloudy Moon and Harvest Moon of this new gen of effects.

When I think good effects, I think what could go with it. A fair few summer effects could go nicely with the new EotL effects, as well as a couple second gens.

But don't get me wrong, Sunbeams + Morning Glory is a winner.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised Molten Mallard got so few votes. Who wouldn't want a flaming flying duck around their head?

It's my favorite new effect so far. Tied with MG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im suprised people like frostbite considering its just an upside down steaming.

You've obviously never seen it in game, and that's bullshit actually. It has a completely different and unique particle sequence, much more fluid animations / frames and has a nice "spread" to it's opacity - or lack thereof. It also has a slight purple tint to it. The only thing it DOES have that's from another effect is Community Sparkles, which look freakin awesome. It's basically what blizzardy should have been to begin with. Sometimes I use Plasma + frostbite which looks like some kinda nebula and the sparkles are insane. 

Also you can make a new white energy with it + GE + searing for some reason  I kinda like it more than most white energy pairings I've seen, but maybe I'm biased.

Frostbite is honestly one of the best effects in the game in my eyes. Its fluidity for the standard for all unusual animations, it's eye catching but not annoying, and pairs very well with other effects. 9/10.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised to see Showstopper being ranked first. For continous taunts, Showstopper is great. However, for the short, single-class taunts, it is far less apparent than the other top 3 taunt effects.

I was personally torn between Showstopper, Holy Grail and Fountain of Delight. I like Showstopper on my Conga, Rancho and some partner taunts. Grail goes with my Beams sets and looks great on Flippin' Awesome. FoD is generally amazing with any partner taunt, but especially so on Square Dance. It also goes along with my heart sets.

Overall, I feel Holy Grail is more well rounded and would look better with most loadouts. 

I still have no idea why people like Frostbite so much, or why people like it more than the sun effects. Death at Dusk and Morning Glory are far more apparent than Frostbite .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised Molten Mallard got so few votes. Who wouldn't want a flaming flying duck around their head?

It's my favorite new effect so far. Tied with MG.

#duckhype

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...