Classified quantity listing

andrew

I've run into this problem alot during my time on backpack.tf - when selling multiple items your listing spaces get used up or it's just a hassle to list each individual on.

I suggest an extra option on the normal sell page for multiple items for the same price each.

Let's use paint for example:

I need to sell my 5+ Ye old Rustic Colour for the same price - but I get traded so fast at my price that I have to keep re-listing or use all of my listings up as so I can't list anything else!

Here is what I am suggesting:

LiEXa4F.png

With this extra field you could sell them all in one listing - easier for trading!

Along with this there would be an extra mark of how many the seller is selling in the classified listings

If anyone would like to add to this idea or throw some holes in it, feel free to do so!

Notes:

- Cross check of items in your BP would need to be added, as so listings could be updated when sold

- Possibly adding ability to a donator rank, for further encouragement to donate

Sub ideas:

- Keeping the amount of listing space but giving the option so listing would be faster

I.E. I need to list 5 of the same paints - I use this tool but it takes up 5 of my listing spaces

I could see this being a bit difficult to implement.  It would need to check to make sure you actually have that many in your inventory and would need to update the quantity as that number decreases, rather than just checking if each item exists.  For example, if I have 10 keys, and say that I am selling six of them, it would need to interpret that me having 9 keys means that I sold one and lower the quantity to 5.  (Hopefully that wasn't confusing)

Would definitely be convenient, but I'd imagine it would require quite a bit more coding than just adding another column/box.  I could also be completely wrong.

upvote, as its really annoying seeing someone selling like 10 buds for keys, and listing them all on classifieds. if you post on classifieds right before them, less people will see what your selling, unlike if it shows the quanity, your listing would be on the front page longer.

Archived