No limit on prices of keys?

Lamaglama

So key prices in USD on backpack.tf, are set as $2.53 now

YEP. $2.53

Officially, costing more than the prices of the Official Mann Co. Store.

I understand that the price is based on the value of REFS, and I'm pretty sure the value of of isn't $0.19-0.21.

There doesn't seem to have any rush to change the relatively "old price" of REFS, but almost a change in Key prices weekly.

If this persists, wouldn't keys cost $3 - $4 on backpack.tf soon.

IDK about you, but it does not make sense to me that prices of keys are valued more than the official store prices.

I don't blame inflation either, it's inevitable, and it still got a long way to go, up until refs are priced at $0.01.

On top of that, if you think about it, wouldn't it make the whole Price sheet of unusuals haywire too?

They're not 'set'.

Anchormen don't cause the news.

We just report what people are paying for them. If people are trading like idiots, we report people trading like idiots.

It's not our fault, and not our problem.

They're not 'set'.

Anchormen don't cause the news.

We just report what people are paying for them. If people are trading like idiots, we report people trading like idiots.

It's not our fault, and not our problem.

I agree with you, but I have to say these "idiots" rely on bp.tf, and people exploit them.

People seem to miss the fact bp.tf actually has power over this, with how often the rate of prices being accepted.

If it's locked at a certain price longer, more of these "idiots" would probably use that price more, thus slowly things down, no?

Personally, it's been awhile since i bothered.. I'm just waiting for refs to hit $0.01.

I agree with you, but I have to say these "idiots" rely on bp.tf, and people exploit them.

People seem to miss the fact bp.tf actually has power over this, with how often the rate of prices being accepted.

If it's locked at a certain price longer, more of these "idiots" would probably use that price more, thus slowly things down, no?

Personally, it's been awhile since i bothered.. I'm just waiting for refs to hit $0.01.

Idiots can do what they want. We're not responsible for this, they are.

We don't control the economy in any way. We're not locking a price to appease idiots. Idiots can learn to deal. It's not our problem, and whining in our forums won't help. If you want to help, go and educate some idiots on what we actually do, instead of what they think we do.

That is not true in the slightest. The price rises because people are willing to pay more than bp.tf price. Not just a scrap more, but recently they're paying a reclaimed more.

Keys would likely rise even if the price was frozen.

Why didn't you make a suggestion for ref?

It feels like you're coming at me and assuming I'm complaining here, so I'll answer truthfully.

I don't really bother on refs and keys, but apparently it has come to my attention that it is affecting the prices on some unusuals, due to old systems basing suggestion prices on the value of keys in USD on the date it is accepted.

Secondly, I am not as noble as you people who spend time to do it, thus I find it easier to simply create awareness.

So, do you make suggestions either?

That is not true in the slightest. The price rises because people are willing to pay more than bp.tf price. Not just a scrap more, but recently they're paying a reclaimed more.

Keys would likely rise even if the price was frozen.

I'm not saying key prices freeze. But haven't you encountered that some are still willing to go for the bp.tf prices for keys, even though in truth it is way more than it is?

I'm not saying key prices freeze. But haven't you encountered that some are still willing to go for the bp.tf prices for keys, even though in truth it is way more than it is?

Same arguements, same rants, same bullcrap.

Do you people ever do anything other than complain about virtual prices about virtual items in a FREE game? Just shut up.

But haven't you encountered that some are still willing to go for the bp.tf prices for keys, even though in truth it is way more than it is?

Those get bought up in a few seconds. While some may sell for that price, they are vastly overshadowed by people paying for more. Backpack.tf is supposed to represent what people are paying for certain items. It wouldn't be accurate to keep a price just because a few are willing to sell for that price

Same arguements, same rants, same bullcrap.

Do you people ever do anything other than complain about virtual prices about virtual items in a FREE game? Just shut up.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. This free game, has apparently allowed be to trade and earning rather significant amount of money... 

So yea.. this bullcrap is the shit

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. This free game, has apparently allowed be to trade and earning rather significant amount of money... 

So yea.. this bullcrap is the shit

Money that you also got for free. You should be thankful you even got free money, stop being an ungrateful punk.

Money that you also got for free. You should be thankful you even got free money, stop being an ungrateful punk

Not sure, how I'm being ungrateful though. You seem to be mistaken, thinking I'm ranting and complaining about ref forever going up, blah blah blah.

The point of this was to wonder, how fast things are updated, in this case REFS.

Not sure, how I'm being ungrateful though. You seem to be mistaken, thinking I'm ranting and complaining about ref forever going up, blah blah blah.

The point of this was to wonder, how fast things are updated, in this case REFS.

And the point we're trying to make in counter to that?

Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

The fact that you're here.... means.. deep down.. u care.

I care that you're spamming meaningless hot air on a site I like.

I don't care that morons use us like a bible.

And the point we're trying to make in counter to that?

Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

Anyway, I guess the REF update will be solid soon, so come at me with all you got.

Thanks for caring,

I care that you're spamming meaningless hot air on a site I like.

I don't care that morons use us like a bible

Are you sure, I'm spamming meaningless hot air... or am I somehow affecting you, or possibly any trades you have?

And you sure use "we" & "us" religiously. Mod or admin or somthing?

Archived