What really Grinds your Gears?

JCapps

Literally in a state of surprise when I found out you are the guy that has that trade up. I have it bookmarked and found it by luck when going on the TF2OP main page.

Meh...no words

Quick buyers, more importantly those that want ridiculous amounts off or the ones that just straight up say "paying half of what your hat is worth"

but if I get half the value in pure I can just sett up another similar trade and get a hat equal of what I had before, no problem there

when a trade-server *cough cough tf2-t* lets me connect to a server but when it's almost done it says that onl donors may join a full server.............

When people instantly hide my offers on Outpost without as much as a, "No thank you". Even just "No." would be a lot better than just hiding it. Show some respect, people. 

When people instantly hide my offers on Outpost without as much as a, "No thank you". Even just "No." would be a lot better than just hiding it. Show some respect, people.

Why? Hiding means just the same thing as the sentences you said.

Why? Hiding means just the same thing as the sentences you said.

Not really, it communicates to everyone who sees the trade that this particular offer wasn't even worth the smallest sign of politeness.

Not really, it communicates to everyone who sees the trade that this particular offer wasn't even worth the smallest sign of politeness.

No, it means the same thing; stuck being so stuck up. 

No, it means the same thing; stuck being so stuck up. 

I sure get that it would be convenient if it meant the same, who has the time and nerve to reply politely to every offer, but that certainly doesn't mean people will take away the same sentiment from getting a "I'll pass, thanks" or a simple hide. I mean, seriously, think about it.

I sure get that it would be convenient if it meant the same, who has the time and nerve to reply politely to every offer, but that certainly doesn't mean people will take away the same sentiment from getting a "I'll pass, thanks" or a simple hide. I mean, seriously, think about it.

i personally don't care if someone hides me without saying something nice, to be honest i prefer it, i don't have to waste my time and be nice back to them over the internet...

Simply put this into your notes:

"Hide = No Thank You"

Then you shouldn't feel like a dick if you simply hide a post with no reply.

Simply put this into your notes:

"Hide = No Thank You"

Then you shouldn't feel like a dick if you simply hide a post with no reply.

I think you're both overestimating the attention people pay to notes in general and the power of that line. It's almost meaningless since anyone who makes a sincere offer expects a proper reply, not an quasi-automated response. Just add someone and don't say anything for 5 minutes to see what I mean. TF2 traders don't like to be treated like shit all that much.

I appreciate that you're trying to absolve people from feeling like a dick when they hide a post, but I'm afraid you don't hold that kind of power either. After all, this is about every single potential buyer, not just you, and when it comes to dealing with a diverse audience from genuine interest to trying to profit, I trust that by and large any reply is more appreciated, and thus more inviting for a second, better offer, than a self-serving and convenient reminder in the notes that they probably skipped anyways.

Here is a thread where you can post what really wants to make you facepalm right through your head.

For me it's this.

Selling Gifted Burning Tyrant's!

WORTH MOAR COS IT'S SIGNED BY ONE OF THE BEST SOLDIER IN THE WORLD (That no-one's heard of).

So basically post the most annoying thing you find about trading.

- Quickbuyers that want a ridiculous amount off

- People that say "this is my dream hat"

- Those that say "not letting this go for cheap" or "quite happy to keep this"

Also noobs that can't be bothered to trade up like the rest of us with their $0.10 backpack and say

'Cmon man you have like 19 keys it can't hurt to give a free one to me.'

Also the ones that bump right into unusual trading, got this from a guy the other day,

'Cmon man 3 halloween hats and 6 normal hats for your Disco Panama plz man this wood be ma first unusual'

Or

'This is ma dream hat!' - excuse for them to put B/O 3 buds higher

• Like 1

Agreed, don't see how a red knife is worth similar to a hat with lasers and shit shooting out of it

Well, to be fair they are two different games with different dynamics. Knives are the "exceedingly rare special item" for csgo, making it 1% chance or whatever to unbox them. A lot of people play CSGO which makes many want to acquire such an item.. Thus creating a market.

Anyway that red knife you speak of could be worth between $200 to $2500 depending on the exterior.

What annoys me is the csgo people themselves. It's hard to explain, just try trading for a few days you'll know what I mean. I think I'd describe these people as "cold blooded reptiles".

> Comments in key suggestions

> People selling their "dream hat" for 838389013891738917387 buds

> Players that unbox decent unusuals after 3 attempts  (╯Q^Q)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

> This omelette (I put too much salt in it :C)