oh great now a tf2outpost ban

Ernie The Penguin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been banned for the same reason, what I'm saying is that post wasn't what got you banned. When you get banned they hide the post that broke the rule.

Edit: And you were mad enough to rant on a post saying you wont get unbanned, clearly you care about this and are trying to point fingers.

........but the ban has a screenie of what they banned him for.

I have been banned for the same reason, what I'm saying is that post wasn't what got you banned. When you get banned they hide the post that broke the rule.

Edit: And you were mad enough to rant on a post saying you wont get unbanned, clearly you care about this and are trying to point fingers.

the link i gave has the same exact comment that was attached with my ban. idk, maybe they forgot to for mine? 

i am positive that this is the post.

also, if in any reason you got banned, wouldn't you try to appeal? my bitching that ive shown is more swaying towards the reasoning of this ban, and less towards the ban time. i stated about the ban time because the person assigned went offline, which basically means for sure that the appeal won't be looked at within the time limit. Of course, a lift of the ban would be great, but the main topic of this thread isn't about that. but in what way have i said about the fact that the length of the ban is such a huge deal for me? i havent, and i could care less about the ban itself. I care about the injustice in this ban

im pointing fingers at toughsox with a valid reason, and not with blindness.

You were banned for Derogatory statements made regarding the value of the trade not for disrespect.

thats the exact same thing.

they literally took a whole new rule out of the blue.

i never offended a user, and the fact that i was banned because of my comment about a hat is completely wrong

thats the exact same thing.

they literally took a whole new rule out of the blue.

i never offended a user, and the fact that i was banned because of my comment about a hat is completely wrong

Its there rules, if you don't like them and think they are wrong, then find a different site.

Its there rules, if you don't like them and think they are wrong, then find a different site.

Like I just said, this is NOT in the rules. They took a new rule out of nowhere and applied it on me. 

Why would I think this rule itself is wrong? It's a fair rule, but it was never recorded. That's the problem.

I understand that you would be frustrated with such lowballs, but try to tone it down with the profanity. Try to be polite or just ignore them, even if they're being dumb. It'll result in you not getting these bans. The one day ban is to get you to re-adjust your attitude towards other users. Take the time to do that.

If you want to be a dick with no chance of a ban just hide shitty offers with no response.

It's really that simple. 

I understand that I mightve gone too far with my comment. i've gotten many lowballs, and most ive replied without any huge anger.

but this one pissed the living hell out of me.

i clearly and specifically asked for overpay if not pure. 

however, what does he do?

knowing fully well of this, he goes and offers the EXACT SAME HAT, but with a lower effect. 

he wasnt being dumb, he was being a complete asshole.

my profanity was to show how angry i was with such an offer. i try to be polite, but ofc there will be times when you absolutely just cant.

instead of me readjusting my momentary fit of anger, that person should readjust how he approaches trades like this to prevent others from getting extremely mad.

Tf2outpost staff are fucking shit. They need to revamp their rules on language or just put filters to block certain words if they're being so rated PG. -L-

I understand that I mightve gone too far with my comment. i've gotten many lowballs, and most ive replied without any huge anger.

but this one pissed the living hell out of me.

i clearly and specifically asked for overpay if not pure. 

however, what does he do?

knowing fully well of this, he goes and offers the EXACT SAME HAT, but with a lower effect. 

he wasnt being dumb, he was being a complete asshole.

my profanity was to show how angry i was with such an offer. i try to be polite, but ofc there will be times when you absolutely just cant.

instead of me readjusting my momentary fit of anger, that person should readjust how he approaches trades like this to prevent others from getting extremely mad.

This is when I take it one step further and respond that the offer was terrible and that they are blocked permanently from every trading with me again. With millions of steam users out there, I block people and it just takes all the headache out of it. 

just hide and move on. it's not that hard to do that.

1 day ban only and you really mad about that?

edit: kinda explained everything in my previous posts.

well that was a fail. well i dont wanna rewrite it, if you highlight the hidden box the white text shows up

Pro tip: highlight any invisible text, and click the little eraser in the top left corner of the edit window and it removes all formatting and returns it to defaults (being this size and this font). 

Its actually a 12 hour ban.

Still bullshit 

If you had said "1:1 with a worse effect" you probably wouldn't have been reprimanded.

my word bank ran out of options.

As much as I can understand being angry with traders who ignore your notes or who give you horrendous offers and wanting to try and get back at them for their lack of respect, outright insulting the poster will only get you in trouble. I don't say that because you have no right to be angry. I say that because, regardless if you and others feel your reaction was justified, to the outpost admins you showed disrespect against another trader, putting you in the wrong, even if it is on your own trade.

As much as we wish otherwise, the rule of respect outpost enforces works both ways, and not only for the benefit of those who have to deal with the common idiocy that often plagues the site. Which is why the best way to deal with such idiots is to either 1) Do as everyone has suggested and just simply hide their post, block them if you can, and move on, or 2) Do what I do, and insult them in the most civil and proper way you possibly can; use your vocabulary to avoid obvious swears, and show the other trader that you don't need to resort to petty swearing to show them what idiots they are to think you would even consider their offer.

For now though, just be happy that the ban wasn't longer; I myself had had someone who left me an insulting message on one of my trades banned for around 3 days.  

This dude offered me a his lower tier Steaming Noble Amassment for my Bubbling Noble Amassment for a 1:1. Seriously? After I SPECIFICALLY said overpay? What ticked me off was the fact that he was offering the EXACT same hat, but lower tier. 

Why should I be the one punished for his ignorance? Knowing fully well that I asked for overpay, he goes and lowballs for my unusual. Thus, I was extremely angry, and again, though I realize what I wrote was rude, it was a reply showing the anger of him lowballing with a lower tier.

From the Report System Rules:

2. But you should not...

• Report offers or trades that display prices you believe to be too high or too low (eg. "lowballs" or "highballs").

-----

From Outpost's FAQ section:

Someone didn't read my trade, and isn't offering to the standards I've set. Can I report them?

No, you may not. We don't take any action on posts that don't break our rules. If you don't like an offer somebody has made, then please just hide the post yourself. If the post is in violation of the rules, then you may use the report system to have a moderator deal with the matter.

-----

While you did not report the user for supposedly offering a "lowball", it is still not a violation of Outpost's rules to offer a "lowball" on another user's trade. However it is a violation of Outpost's rules to insult users or their items regardless of whether or not it occurs on your own trade or someone else's trade.

By the way, is this kind of ban extremely new? I've never heard of a ban given for something as trivial as this, and don't understand why I receive a ban out of the tiniest needle in the haystack. Also, no insult was made to a user. I insulted a hat, not a user, so to be honest, I am receiving a ban for a rule that appeared out of nowhere.

To address the second message you left in your ban appeal, this is not a new rule and the rule as to why you received your ban is listed on Outpost currently. It is a violation of the third bullet point of the first main site rule.

-----

This is taken directly from the Main Rules section:

1. No spamming. This rule applies to both trade notes and offers, where spam is considered:

• Rudeness. Derogatory statements made regarding the value of the trade or listed prices.

-----

As clearly stated in the rule, the rudeness does not need to be direct at the user, himself, otherwise that would be an insult which is covered by the second main site rule. Unnecessary or insulting statements made regarding another user's items or offer is considered a violation of the rule listed and this is the second infraction you had on this particular trade.

6szg93.png

elpgkh.png

If you do not accept an offer, then simply hide rather than replying in a rude manner.

After reading this, I have nothing to say. Everything I wrote was counter-argued, and I feel like a stupid blob of nothingness now.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. My lack of knowledge of the rules and my ignorance was incredibly wrong of me, and I am sorry for mischief that I created. 

edit: there's nothing else to say, would be good if mods closed this thread.

After reading this, I have nothing to say. Everything I wrote was counter-argued, and I feel like a stupid blob of nothingness now.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. My lack of knowledge of the rules and my ignorance was incredibly wrong of me, and I am sorry for mischief that I created. 

*single tear flows down face*

Archived