Should I get banned for this?

August Kubizek

I understand my wrongdoings, and i will discontinue to substantiate my erroneous claim. Can anyone offer any suggestions to unban myself?

I really don't understand why people try to do fake scams as a "joke."

I would somewhat understand if he was close irl friends with puddington where stuff like this can be written off as a joke, doesnt look like this is one of those cases.

I would somewhat understand if he was close irl friends with puddington where stuff like this can be written off as a joke, doesnt look like this is one of those cases.

Of all the people to add to do this to, why puddington? It's like trying to hold up a bank whose upper floor is a police station or something. It's suicide xD

I understand my wrongdoings, and i will discontinue to substantiate my erroneous claim. Can anyone offer any suggestions to unban myself?

The ban reason specifically states "This has been reviewed twice now. Sorry, but this won't be overturned."

Ban stands. Sites like outpost have banned people in the past for trolling on their friends trades and posting fake phishing links. In this situation, you tried to convince an user to use phishing software, not to mention you have scammed a person in the past. We do not want either of those two types of people in our community.

Dude, it was premeditated. You deserved it. If you had the intention of trying to see if he would download the file your at fault. Because even if he did go through with it, how can we be so certain you actually won't go ahead and take over his computer.

That's like saying you want a teacher to walk outside the classroom to see if he is ballzy to leave his students teacher free when in reality we don't know if he will be locked out or if some crazy student violence shit breaks loose. It might not be the intent but if the intentions to start something you knew were stupid were there, you have every right to be banned.

You drifted from the sactions established by the Bp tf community, acts of deviance to say. Maybe even a taboo. All n all, use empathy before you commit to stupid shit. Put yourselves in their position where they click and download a file only to realize their computer would be taken over. It ain't right. Don't do this shit ever again.

Edit: for those of you who don't seem to know the severity of premeditated crime, if someone murders someone else but it was complete accident, then it's manslaughter. If the intent was to harm them, then its premeditated and a majority of the time (like 4/5ths of the time) it's classified as first degree murder. If your intent was to make him download some shit from q stranger, that was premeditated.

You deserved it if you had the intention of trying to see if he would download the file your at fault.

There was no file. TeamViewer is a legitimate program, the issue here is that he was trying to use it to control Puddington's computer, as a 'joke'.

My advice for OP: For now, don't do anything. Let this whole issue blow over for now. Later, go to outpost and build up some rep buying/selling keys or something. Just get a decent amount of it, then in a month or two come back and appeal to show that you've changed, and aren't going to try anything like this ever again.

Then don't try anything like that ever again. That's a prank you play on a trusted friend, not a mod of backpack.tf who you've never spoken to before in your life.

There was no file. TeamViewer is a legitimate program, the issue here is that he was trying to use it to control Puddington's computer, as a 'joke'.

My advice for OP: For now, don't do anything. Let this whole issue blow over for now. Later, go to outpost and build up some rep buying/selling keys or something. Just get a decent amount of it, then in a month or two come back and appeal to show that you've changed, and aren't going to try anything like this ever again.

Then don't try anything like that ever again. That's a prank you play on a trusted friend, not a mod of backpack.tf who you've never spoken to before in your life.

He's also scammed other players in the past, as cashew said above. There's more than 1 reason he isn't allowed back here.

Learn to multiquote. And if you want to add something to a thread and you're the last poster, edit your posts. You don't need to triplepost

Yea... So on backpack.tf I got banned for a joke. Basically, my friends and I tried to get someone to download and use teamviewer (it basically a program that lets you move their mouse and stuff, but they can x out anytime, not a virus or anything) so idk, be funny? I seriously don't know what I was thinking: I found out about it and thought it was pretty cool. So my friend suggested to use it on some guy because it was funny...

Anyways, I try to ask Puddington to do it, not knowing she/he was a backpack.tf moderator, and immediately I was banned from backpack.tf for "phishing through 3rd party software", I guess she didn't know what teamviewer was... Anyways, I go for the ban appeal and a couple of days later, I get a temporary ban, and then banned again. I fully understand that I was being dumb and stupid trying to use teamviewer, but some moderators thought that this actually worked and I used teamviewer but I didn't (ask puddington) and banned me permantely again.They thought that I stole stuff but the teamviewer thing did not actaully work.... 

If we put this into a similar scenario... (this did not happen) 

Lets just say I was attempting to scam Puddington. I say like if you give me this unusual, I will gift you this game after... Once she see's this, I'm permanentely banned. So, basically they ban me for a intention to scam, and in my case, i was banned for trying to be funny. I know that it is not right and I won't do it again, but i don't think a permanent ban is necessary, maybe just a temporary ban?

I tried to respond to the issue, but no response yet, so im just asking.. Is the ban really worth it?

pretty sure you tried it on puddington for a reason

to steal his shekels cause he's rich

Puddington should file a SR report and get you marked.

That's a classic scammer excuse once they get caught: "i was just joking pls no report."

This is the worst excuse for an appeal that I've ever seen.

That's a prank you play on a trusted friend, not a mod of backpack.tf who you've never spoken to before in your life.

Did someone say a trusted friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pretty sure you tried it on puddington for a reason

to steal his shekels cause he's rich

It seems like there was definitely malicious intent here.

Archived