Teeird's Advent Calender (plus my good bye from tf2)

Teeird

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I stumbled upon this topic, really. I must admit that I generally think negative of most traders, but lurking on backpack.tf regularly reminds me that there are many exceptions. Gent, Charity, Polar to name only a few - you can include most known members here.

I must also voice my admiration for your collection. Anyone who holds onto specific items no matter their monetary value immediately has my full respect. Some items just hold personal value, and I like to think the joy in having such items is overlooked by many. Mine would be my hallmark, and like you did with your vintages it won't leave my BP it until I cash out of TF2. 

With it being christmas time I'd like to share a few memories from my time on steam - hoping in vein some of it won't happen to others. It's not really related to your story, but rather explains why I value personal items so much. My story started on christmas 2 years ago - when I was still rather new on steam. Had a great bunch of friends, we traded, played competitive and talked regularly. With christmas coming, we decided to give out presents to each other. 

It was clear to me, that these gifts were meant to be something special - not just a disposable item. They were a few low tier unusuals and high tier stranges, great for our standards at the time. 

I still hold onto mine, long after these events. And like it should be, what was gifted to me will remain in my possession until I am completely done with TF2 - I might not sell them at all, ever. My friends from the time apparently thought differently - it barely took weeks for the first gift to be sold, only a couple months until all were traded for mainly profit. It was sad to realise how easily they could just forget about the story behind them.

So wether it's a gift or a personal collection item - I wish traders would more often consider the emotional value over what the profit could be. 

I'm not really posting this to be included in your calendar (since that would be too late anyway), it's just that seeing this topic and some of the posts just triggered this memory and I wanted to share it. I know many on here probably think I'm somewhat toxic at times, but I would like all of you to know that I appreciate being a tiny part of this entire community. I do hope that whoever gets these fine items will truly value them and not just treat them as a way to get a couple easy keys.

Either way, enough rambling. I'm hoping to continue seeing your posts on here, wether it's advice or the ever so hilarious occasional steam conversation.

Good trading in CS:GO! 

I would start in CS:GO too, but it's so hard to change. Good luck with the CS:GO career, though!

I think you've made the right move, getting profit in TF2 is becoming harder and harder.

*Insert a big part here later*

• Administrators

Been really busy lately (unexpected) so I'll announce three different winners tomorrow, for yesterday, today, and soon tomorrow.

Alrighty, looking forward to it :P

Crud, i forgot this was a thing.

While I've not been in this community for a while, you look like a great trader, and i wish you luck in CS:GO.

Keeping it short  so i have something to write if i win

So apparently I won without even posting here (or at least I don't remember posting here/nor was I able to find a post of mine here)...but anyway, I feel like that says a lot about these forums and that they really aren't just a forum but rather more of a community. And although I haven't been as active as I used to be I still always have a bp.tf forums tab open ready to be switched to at any time and on any device; and while I may not be posting as much I still am active and do try to help out where I believe my input is actually valuable. 

Alas, I've been pulled away from the forums a bit as I've been very active on a tech forum -- which (if it's not already apparently obvious) is one of sub-forums that I always paid extra attention to. 

cKqSVFM.png

I honestly wasn't expecting to win this. I just don't feel I am worthy enough of something another held so dear.

I remember my early days on steam, which was actually about year after my account was made. My friend Marc was the reason I started playing TF2, and at that time it was all about trading so I could be like him. I've come a long way since then, meeting so many interesting people. Since moving away to college, I rarely get to see my real life friends and these forums have become a place I can come to to just have a laugh with people. I don't care for most social interactions, or even interacting with other people other than when I am required to, but these forums are one of the few places I enjoy coming to. The people here are genuine, whether for better or worse, and that is something I value in high esteem. 

I'm not very good at saying nice things, I don't know what you're expecting from me.

I wanna say thanks to Bakgrund, DiamondHavoc, Chocolate, cares, Space, Charity, Der Führer and ProPain.

You guys are the ones I talk most to on my friends list, I don't hate the other, I just talk mostly to the people mentioned above.

Bakgrund gives free shit, which is nice, but he's also nice to talk to. I never thought a swede could be like him. He also has alot of good links for NSFW reddits.

DiamondHavoc gives good advices, and nice quicksells. He also overpays alot when requesting posters.

Chcolate also gives nice advices, and is a good broker. An asian that's not hardcore at math? Wot.

cares is nice to play TF2 with, although he has his moments where he's not as nice if he doesn't win the game.

Space, also known as Face is rather casual, nice friend to have since he is willing to help with stuff.

Charity, the only one on my friends list that watches anime and I can stand talking to.

Der Führer is a dick, no exceptions.

ProPain is nice to talk about music with, he likes good stuff, and gives advices. Remember to breathe in the air.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!

Thanks for the gift by the way.

Coming from a former frequent trader, I'm surprised it took you this long to call it. I stripped my bp down to basics after a combination of needing irl money, finding things more important than pixels, and the general willingness of traders to stab their mother if it meant a few keys in their backpack. It's similar to any other addiction, really, just on a much larger scale: as the market stabilized and profit margins shrank, people just couldn't get the same "high" of easy profit, so they just all turned sour much the same way people go from shooting the shit with their friends while high as balls to shooting their friends trying to get that same high. No one wants to be the sucker, get as much as you can out of CS:GO before it goes the same way. At least TF2 has silly graphics and airshots to fall back on,.

Thanks Teeird for the beard :3

It's always fun to get feedback and nice friends from the bp.tf community!

luv u guys, I always help any1 and every1 for free whenever I'm available -- Much love to every1 who keep it awesome :)

Okay so apparently I won. Thanks Teeird, very nice of you to host this.

It's really cool that the bp.tf community can do stuff like this, because everyone (well most, I'm pretty sure cleverpun and chief d and some of the other mods have no idea who 75% of the people are) here knows each other. It's really cool that the forums evolved into what you guys call "tf2 facebook" and I would say it's more of a community than an actual forum. So hopefully stuff like this can continue happening in the future, it shows how interconnected the forums really are!

I'd like to thank all the friends I've made through this site like Vince, Awesome, Liddo, Slocumruls, and Pixelated to name a few. Also want to thank Brad for creating this wonderful place, Fiskie for keeping the site working (for the most part :P), the mods for putting in all the time dealing with our crap, and all the regulars that make it worth coming back here even after 2+ years.

And obviously I have to thank Teeird for hosting this event. Best of luck with your CSGO trading career.

I had no idea this topic existed until I received a trade notification. Thanks Teeird.

Our community is great specifically because of things like this. I'll never get tired of banning and warning all our wonderful members.

It's really cool that the bp.tf community can do stuff like this, because everyone (well most, I'm pretty sure cleverpun and chief d and some of the other mods have no idea who 75% of the people are) here knows each other.

Malicious slander: I know who people are. We have all sorts of interesting members like that one guy, what's-her-face, Gravity Falls avatar, and pony avatar.

Archived