Backpack.tf Automatic

Communist Moose

I have some questions about automatic

Why do I have to give my info away?

Do I just let it go while I'm ingame and it just does the trades?

Could it possibly go mad (maybe become self aware) and go on a accepting frenzy?

1. if by info you mean user and pass, because the bot needs to access your account

2. yes, it is automatic

3. no, it's a bot, it's coded

im not really a fan of giving my user/pass away

is it trustworthy?

im not really a fan of giving my user/pass away

is it trustworthy?

if you want to use the service you have to

no one is going to take your info, only you have it, the information the bot has is not released 

if you want to use the service you have to

no one is going to take your info, only you have it, the information the bot has is not released 

so it has no way of giving away my info?

so it has no way of giving away my info?

its a bot developed by brad, the creator of bp.tf

it isn't controlled by anyone so to say, so it's not like the phishing bots where it has a 'supreme overlord'

even if it could give away your pass, the person who got your pass has to pass steam guard

its a bot developed by brad, the creator of bp.tf

it isn't controlled by anyone so to say, so it's not like the phishing bots where it has a 'supreme overlord'

even if it could give away your pass, the person who got your pass has to pass steam guard

You also have to enter your steam guard info, just saying.

It needs your details as it's a steam client of its own, meaning you don't need to run your desktop client for it to work.

If you're going to use it, make an alt account to minimize your risk, and only put the items on it that you're trading, and take stuff off as soon as you're done.  That's how I would use it if I was going to, which I'm not.

You also have to enter your steam guard info, just saying.

It needs your details as it's a steam client of its own, meaning you don't need to run your desktop client for it to work.

yeah, a one time steam guard

but the 5 characters get reset after used once

If you're going to use it, make an alt account to minimize your risk, and only put the items on it that you're trading, and take stuff off as soon as you're done.  That's how I would use it if I was going to, which I'm not.

It's open source, ~400 people have been using it without any complaints about getting hijacked.

yeah, a one time steam guard

but the 5 characters get reset after used once

The steam guard code is stored in the settings file.

It's open source, ~400 people have been using it without any complaints about getting hijacked.

The steam guard code is stored in the settings file.

ye, but it can't be used again. steam guard is reset

ye, but it can't be used again. steam guard is reset

That doesn't matter, with the generated steam guard code you can access steam from any computer. It's different from the code you got in the email.

That doesn't matter, with the generated steam guard code you can access steam from any computer. It's different from the code you got in the email.

using the same code?

using the same code?

With that code (called a sentry file), you can access Steam without a steam guard notification from any computer, yes. It differs from the short code received in the email and is a lot longer.

With that code (called a sentry file), you can access Steam without a steam guard notification from any computer, yes. It differs from the short code received in the email and is a lot longer.

TIL

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I just started using the Backpack.TF Automatic Trading Bot today and it worked fine for the first couple of hours now it says that I have accessed my account from a new device when I have it is this a one off cool down or will this happen repeadtly or is there a simple fix for this issue please respond.

You'll have to wait a week. Welcome to Valve. It happens to me sometimes despite accessing my account from only 1 computer and 1 browser since 2009.

You'll have to wait a week. Welcome to Valve. It happens to me sometimes despite accessing my account from only 1 computer and 1 browser since 2009.

For me it happens every time I log into the store page from my browser.  If I just log into steam community, I don't have this problem.  I dunno why this is and I dunno why the store and community have separate logins, but it pisses me off because I can't trade from my browser for a whole week if I want to use the store on it.  Meanwhile, trading still works from within my steam client, so basically that means I have to load up a game, open the overlay, and paste trade links into it whenever I want to trade.

gg volvo

Archived